Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Takomo Irons - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our Testers main review posts in the links below!

@ZackS - TESTING POST - 101T Series
@KC Golf - TESTING POST - 101T Series

@TylorJudd - TESTING POST - 301 CB Series

@Jim Shaw - TESTING POST - 301 MB Series

@DukeStKing - TESTING POST - 101T Series

Introduction

Hi all. I want to send a big THANK YOU to @GolfSpy_BNG for sending me his Takomo 101T's to review and the the entire MGS staff for the opportunity to test a set of irons. I hope the community knows how hard the staff works to get as many reviews out to you all as possible. In my case, @GolfSpy_BNG sent me his set as a pay it forward, so that there would be another reviewer of the Takomos so you all can get as much info as you can. So again thank you and I hope I can add some value to the forum and help anyone thinking about investing in the Takomo 101T's.

About Me

I'm a 52 year old with 3 kids from New Jersey. I've been playing since my teens and I'm self-taught. I mostly play the County courses where I live and occasionally get invites to play some private clubs. In the summer, I play multiple times a week- less in the Spring and Fall. We didn't have a winter in NJ, so this year I did get out year round. I don't really play any tournaments anymore, but I get competitive rounds in with friends and family- just the usual casual games. Mostly, I enjoy keeping stats on my Garmin and competing against myself. I love gear and trying out new stuff- my obsession is usually funded and made possible by buying and selling stuff on E-Bay... and having a really understanding wife.  

My Game

So I would describe my game as very steady and not spectacular- I make a lot of pars and very few birdies. I am presently a 7 Handicap because of my iron play, which has always been my strength. According to Garmin, I hit GIR 51% of the time at my home course in the past 41 rounds. My handicap has trended down in the past year from a 10 because of an improved short game and putting. My big weakness is the Driver, which I hit way more than I should. I would hit more GIR if I could stay out of trouble off the tee, but I'm not a smart man... but I do love hitting Driver. 

image.png.852f1ca9003995a3b33a34ad0f2b8777.png

My Gear 

I presently play Callaway Apex 19 Combos with updated (Thank you MGS) Nippon N.S. PRO 850GH neo shafts. I have really enjoyed my Apex's and wonder if the Takomos stand a chance at knocking them out of the bag. There are two big questions I am curious to answer: 1. Will the Takomos be as forgiving as the Apex's? and 2. How will the KBS Lites perform against the Nippons? The Apex's give me just enough forgiveness combined with the feel and playability I enjoy in an iron. The Nippons are nice and light and produce a very high ball flight which gives me excellent stopping power. The bottom line will be can I get the forgiveness, feel and flight I get in my present set-up or will the Takomos fall short in those categories.  A small side-note that I'm looking forward to seeing when I get the Takomos will be how wide the soles are compared to the Apex's. I play very soft courses and how the Takomos interact with those conditions could be what keeps them in the bag. I may enjoy the Takomos if they dig a little less than the Apex's. 

My Testing Plan

I plan on testing the Takomos mostly on the course using my Garmin to keep track of distances and stats. I also plan on getting on Trackman or my friend's Foresight to do a comparison of numbers. I look forward to "unboxing" what look like beautiful irons and sharing my results. I'll keep you posted.  

Unboxing

Thank you to @GolfSpy_BNG for sending these beauties out so quickly and keeping them in pristine condition. Opening the box still gave me that Christmas morning feeling. I love that they look like blades, but are hiding game improvement features inside the cavity. The only hint is a tungsten screw in the toe. Great job Takomo on a simple and attractive design.  
IMG_6532.jpeg.6e403d60694dd4c9dd86d7ed50bf399b.jpeg

First Impressions:

I played my first round with the Tacomo 101T’s yesterday at my home course. Kudos @Old Joe for coming up with “secret sauce” sole terminology. I agree with him wholeheartedly- the interaction with the turf was wonderful. The course was soft and the rough terrain as deep and I would have to say this this the greatest strength of the Tacomos.  I had a couple of tough lies in the rough and the Tacomos breezed through the tall stuff better than my Callaway Apex’s. In the soft fairways I had shallower divots that were straight as an arrow at the target line. 
That was the great news… now for the not so great. The trajectory was too penetrating for my tastes. On the first hole I had 120 to the middle of the green and hit a pure PW that landed in the middle and rolled off the back of the green onto the fringe. Weird for me. I’m used to backing the ball up quite a bit with my Apex irons. On the fourth hole I had a 170 yard shot from the fairway that went 180 with the 7 iron. The story was the same all day:

IronsDistances.jpg.70b0ce5169f6a0c1e7c0ecb28a50eb42.jpg

Comparing the numbers above (it’s only one round, so it has to be taken with many grains of salt) with the Callaway Apex irons:

Cally.jpg.6bb1537fce15c704ca87d113d62e9508.jpg

Considering the lofts on the Tacomos are weaker, but the flight was lower and thus the distances were the same,  there must be some big spin differences. So there can only be two reasons that I get less back spin with the Tacomos: 1. The shafts and 2. contact. I have the Nippon 850 neos in the Callaways and when I reviewed them I was struck by how much more backspin I produced with them over the stick Elevate shafts. I think the KBS lites play similar to the Elevates, producing more of a penetrating bal flight- I was about club longer with the Elevate shafts in the Callaways. This is the most likely explanation for the difference in backspin between the Callaways and the Takomos. A less plausible (but possible- maybe a combination of both) reason for the more penetrating ball flight of the Tacomos is the delivery of the face through the zone as a result of less digging. The sole not digging results in a shallower contact point and less backspin. Of course it’s possibly a mix of the two factors, but after one one round, the lack of back spin stood out to me. Reduced backspin may work for some, but not me. Again, I’ll reserve final judgement after playing with them a few more times. 
I’ll finish on a positive note: despite the reduced back spin I had a good day scoring- shot 79 with 9/18 GIR. While the dispersion (long) was not what I wanted, the left to right misses were minimal. I pushed a shot or two, but was very happy with the left/right dispersion.  I’m going to continue to look at the back spin in future rounds- using the same ball (Pro V1) to see if I can get the ball to back up for me. Score: 16/20

On the Course (First Impressions aren't always accurate.): 

I took the Tacomos out for another spin today; same course, same score, different results holding greens. 

Backspin.jpeg.ca4fc9461084190ffc40dd4521c729c8.jpeg

Right out of the gate, I had the same PW into the first green and it was one bounce and stop this time. I would still describe the trajectory as penetrating- especially for the PW. I hit one that I was able to back up 4-5 feet. Again, I loved the way the soles interact with turf. Today, I took some shallow divots and I think that’s why I was getting more backspin. 

The long irons were spectacular today. They are definitely easier to hit than my Callaway Apex long irons. Again, I credit the soles- they feel like they are gliding through the turf. Hit this beauty of a 4 iron to within 6 feet and made the putt on a 430 yard (uphill) par 4: 

18th.jpeg.dd255e1655c61a56b46db092d197a116.jpeg

The thing was like a guided missile all day for me. Hit this beauty of a 5 iron against the wind over the green on #14, a par 5:

14th.jpeg.5d57a9c20b3b75a31e2ad02e0216351a.jpeg

I felt so confident with the long irons today- I had to rely on them for tee shots, because my driver is being replaced by Callaway- probably a good thing as I was hitting them solid and straight… can’t say that for my driver. 
I hit every Tacomo iron today again so I was able to add to my Garmin data:

Tacomo.jpg.5e00b634fa38a90eff281382a26661ca.jpg

The distances are still the same as my Callaways- again, I attribute that to the more penetrating flight I get with the KBS Lite shafts in the Tacomos.

Last, but certainly not least, I hit a couple of stinkers contact wise today and one ended up on the green, which it had no business doing so. The forgiveness with the Tacomo 101T’s is impressive- I would say as good, maybe slightly better than than the Apex irons. I am very. impressed after 2 full rounds and some practice sessions. If this keeps up, the Tacomos will be staying in my bag. Score: 18/20

The Numbers: 

Simulatornumbers.png.d7965b15fbd60210ccd88c0ce55efbfb.png

So I was able to use my friend's simulator to get some numbers with the Tacomo 101T's. These are the averages of 5 shots with the PW, 7 and 4. The 7 and PW were a bit longer than what I feel I've been hitting them outside on average, but that's to be expected considering wind and elevation changes. It's good to see the spin numbers which confirm that my first round with the Tacomos were an anomaly with regard to the lack of stopping power I was experiencing on the greens; the 3 rounds I played since confirm this as well. So after 4 rounds and a simulator session, I'm about ready to give my final thoughts and grades... just in time for the start of school. Score: 10/10 

The Good, Bad, in-Between:

I have played 7 rounds with the Takomo 101T’s, a couple of range sessions, and a brief (PW, 7 iron and 4 iron) session in a launch monitor. I used my Garmin to track distances and played on windy days, wet days and perfect conditions. My first impressions can be found here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/59179-takomo-irons-2023-forum-review/page/17/

What I want to do now is give my final thoughts and grades.

Are the OEM claims true? Yes. Takomo is marketing their irons as “built from the same premium components as the big boys” at a fraction of the price and as “speed meets forgiveness.” I compared the Takomos to my Callaway Apex Combo set and found that the 101T’s were as good and in some ways better than the Callaways. The Takomo 101T long irons (4 and 5) really shine because of the soles and forgiveness- they are just sooooo easy to hit for me. I was able to hit high fades with the long irons and low stingers. They get through the rough especially well and still produce decent distances on mis-hits. The mid irons (6 and 7) were a draw- the Callaway Apex combos have the regular Apex irons in the 6 and 7, which are equally forgiving and I don’t need the help with the soles as much in the mid and short irons. I prefer the Apex Pro in the short irons (8-AW) as they are easier to work in both directions than the Takomo 101T’s. I wasn’t able to move the ball with the Takomo short irons- just nice straight shots. I would love to see if a Takomo combo set would fit me better- playing the 201’s in the short irons would probably suit me better. That’s my preference and not a criticism. Their claim of “Premium golf Equipment at an Affordable Price” definitely holds true.

The Good:

Aesthetics: The Takomo 101t’s look like premium clubs. I love the look from address of the 101T’s- compact, but still confidence inspiring because they don’t look like blades. In the bag, they have the appearance of muscle back with subtle looks but hidden tech- great job! 

Accuracy: I had terrific results with my dispersion. They played better for me in the wind, as I hit the Takomos slightly lower than my Callaways (again if you read my first impressions, that’s a product of the shafts in the Callaways- the Nippons launch the ball higher than the KBS Lites.) The left/right dispersion was excellent as were the consistent distances I got with the Takomos. Hitting my targets was very easy, leading a playing partner to remark one round, “You’re really dialed in with your irons.”  

Forgiveness:  I consider iron play my greatest strength in golf, thus I don’t often miss a lot of shots (for that you would have to talk to my Driver- whoa mama), but when I did the Takomos were excellent. On the bad swings, these was very little distance lost- in one case, I hit a 7 iron terribly and still put it on the green. The Takomos will let you know when you missed it, but there isn’t that awful vibration you may get with a muscle back or blade. I would say that they have the same level of feedback as the Callaway Apex, less so than the Callaway Apex Pros. 

Trajectory: I would describe the trajectory as mid to high. But again, I’m comparing the Takomos to the Callways that have the Nippon NS Pro 850GH Neo’s in them which give me a lot of height and backspin.  The KBS Lites are what produce the slightly lower flight than what I am used to hitting. So because I got plenty of height and stopping power on the greens (one hop and stop, but no back-ups), I would grade the trajectory high. Score: 9/10

The In-Between: 

Distance: I was surprised that despite the weaker lofts, I got similar distance numbers with the Takomos. The exception was with the short irons- since I could not work the ball with the Takomos like I can with the Callaways, if I needed to hit a draw with the short irons, I couldn’t with the Takomos. With the long irons that wasn’t a problem as I was able to hit quite a few nice stingers with the 4 and 5. 

The Bad:

Workability: This was my only disappointment with the Takomo 101T’s. Again, it was only with the mid and short irons that I saw difficulty working the ball in both directions consistently; it was especially pronounced with the short irons. The slightly wider soles in the short iron compared to my Callaway Apex Pro’s accounted for the workability issues. I especially had problems closing the face enough to get a draw with the short irons. This is the classic opportunity-cost of having a wider for forgiving sole, which costs workability. I didn’t see this problem with the long irons. With the 4 and 5 I could hit my usual fade, but if I needed to the stinger was a very reliable shot shape for me as well. The good, the bad, the in-between Score: 17/20

Play it or Trade It: My plan is to play the Takomo 101T’s, but replace the 9 and PW with the Apex Pro’s. If its soggy out, I will use the Takomo 9 and PW as the wider sole won’t dig into the wet ground as much- something I really liked about the Takomos. Overall, I think the Takomo 101T’s are exactly what they claim to be and could work for a lot of golfers like me (single digit diggers).  Overall Score: 17/20

Conclusion: The Takomo 101T’s are exactly as advertised… “Premium golf Equipment at an Affordable Price” and “speed meets forgiveness.” Their greatest strength is the distance you can get from a weaker lofted iron combines beautifully with the forgiveness achieved in the hidden tech of the hollow body and tungsten screw. I have to give a final score of a B+ because of the short irons and my inability to work them both ways. If I could instead play a combo set from Takomo the grade would have been a solid A (94/100)  Final Score: 88/100

Thank you Takomo and My Golf Spy for this opportunity!

Edited by DukeStKing

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

Congrats all! Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Congratulations to all the testers! Can't wait to read about your experience with these gorgeous clubs!

WITB:

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS Driver 10.5* (1* strong) with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Takkomo.png.2fd3ccfadfdb71195da27b04616ac6c5.png Takomo IGNIS 5 Wood with HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 5.5 shaft

Untitled2.png.80d892461ed08eaa7fe955b28995d7e9.png Ping G430 22* Hybrid with HZRDUS Smoke Red 80g 6.0 shaft

Untitled.png.5ecdabcbb4b233d7651619da934c3a6a.png Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-PW with KBS Tour Light R shafts

Edison.png.1b14460d57753ae667327c0f7d3399a9.png Edison 2.0 Wedges 51° 55° 59° with KBS Tour 110 R shafts

image.png.a072db0e36674771c57e6581a9a7be30.png L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX with LAB x Accra shaft

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

We are very excited to announce our 4 testers for the Takomo Iron series! With over 4000 applicants this was not an easy one to narrow down and we are happy to introduce the following testers!

Testing the 101t Series
@KC Golf
@ZackS

Testing the 301 CB Series
@TylorJudd

Testing the 301 MB Series
@Jim Shaw

Special Tester for this group we have our own @GolfSpy_BNG to test the 101t series as well!

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

Congrats testers, I think you guys are really going to enjoy this one.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Congrats to the testers! Looking forward to seeing the reviews

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Just now, Fongle said:

Congrats to the testers! Looking forward to seeing the reviews

Thanks for reposting. Was about to send you a note that you were too quick while I was getting the thread ready!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congrats @KC Golf @ZackS @TylorJudd @Jim Shaw and @GolfSpy_BNG

Can't wait to see what you guys think. From all the photo's I've seen they look stunning

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Was about to send you a note that you were too quick while I was getting the thread ready!

Haha, I had been refreshing to see if I was lucky enough to be one of the testers, so I saw the thread pretty early

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Amazing. Interested to hear the reviews.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Congrats testers. Looking forward to how you all get along with them and ready for all those glamor shots.

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Congrats all. Looking forward to hearing about these. 

• LTDx 9* TOUR AD-VR 6x
  • CLEVELAND LAUNCHER XL 15*
  • COBRA SPEEDZONE 19* HYBRID
  • CALLAWAY XR WITH ELEVATE 95S 4-AW
  • CBX2 54* TM BIG FOOT 58*
  • ODYSSEY VERSA 3 TS
  • CHROME SOFT X LS YELLOW

Congrats testers! Couldn't bring myself to sign up because they didn't have what I'd need available, but as always I'm very excited for y'all to get these in hand and get started on this!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Congratulations testers! These irons have shown up quite a bit in the hands of numerous YouTubers. It will be great to see more in-depth testing.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

What a great group of testers! Congrats @KC Golf, @ZackS, @TylorJudd, @Jim Shaw & @GolfSpy_BNG!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

We are very excited to announce our 4 testers for the Takomo Iron series! With over 4000 applicants this was not an easy one to narrow down and we are happy to introduce the following testers!

Testing the 101t Series
@KC Golf
@ZackS

Testing the 301 CB Series
@TylorJudd

Testing the 301 MB Series
@Jim Shaw

Special Tester for this group we have our own @GolfSpy_BNG to test the 101t series as well!

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

Congrats! Hit them well in Bermuda, Bahamas, in front of pretty mommas, Because they are Takomo,s you’ll hit them well and walk up slow, the ball will be where you want to go, when you hit Takomo!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Congrats to the group, another great test and looking forward to seeing how they perform for you

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Congrats on the winners for being selected! A lot of interest in these Takomo clubs, looking forward to hearing your results.

WITB:

Driver: PING G400

3W: Ping G400

3 Utility Iron: Ping G410

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

Wedges: 52,56,60 (mixed)

P: Cleveland Frontline 8.0 Wide blade

HCP: 11