Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Your bucket list course with a twist

GolfSpy_BEN

A quick preface: If this topic has been covered recently, then a thousand pardons. I did a quick search but didn't see it posted.

As golfers, we all keep a list of fairly unattainable courses, which given the opportunity to play, we might remark that one is on my bucket list. While there is no doubt that some of you lucky few have played courses like Augusta, or Cypress Point, or Pine Valley, the vast majority of the rest of us, the great unwashed, have not. So we dream. 

For the purposes of this exercise, I acknowledge that these lists are undoubtedly great and as a collective, the master bucket list would probably have a fair amount of commonality. However, I am more interested in your "local" bucket list courses. You know, the private courses in your town or city where even God would need a reference from a standing member and a credit check. 

My contribution to this list lies 2.2 miles from my home. A quick 6 minute car ride would deliver me to what I imagine Heaven might look like. Admittedly, there are a few country clubs in the area that are probably a bit more exclusive and untouchable than my selection, but this course has bedeviled and beguiled for over a decade now. I speak of TPC River's Bend in Maineville, OH. We moved out to this part of southwestern Ohio in 2010 and I have been driving past the entrance to this course with some regularity ever since. In the passing years, I have had no fewer than three times where I thought I had a round lined up only to have it crumble in the lead up to it. These 18 holes of championship caliber golf and the immaculate practice area that fronts the road that runs by it have and continue to haunt my dreams. Over the years, I have built this course up in my mind to a degree that TPC River's Bend is highly unlikely to ever meet these lofty expections, but I will continue to endevour to find out. What's yours?

As an aside, if the local bucket list course for you is Augusta, Cypress Point, or Pine Valley, then aim high you big, beautiful dreamers and please let us know when you catch that golden ring.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I'm also in the Cincinnati area. TPC River's Bend looks great from the road, but it has a lousy reputation. There's a reason the Champions Tour played once and left, and none of the local pro tournaments are held there anymore. I haven't played it, but my instructor has told me to pass on it.

In Cincinnati the course I would most like to play is Camargo. It's on everybody's top 100 in the world lists, and is super exclusive. They keep the fee schedule private, but I understand it's a $500k initiation.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

6 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

I'm also in the Cincinnati area. TPC River's Bend looks great from the road, but it has a lousy reputation. There's a reason the Champions Tour played once and left, and none of the local pro tournaments are held there anymore. I haven't played it, but my instructor has told me to pass on it.

In Cincinnati the course I would most like to play is Camargo. It's on everybody's top 100 in the world lists, and is super exclusive. They keep the fee schedule private, but I understand it's a $500k initiation.

I remain undeterred. At this point, it has become a battle of wills between this course and me. However, your point regarding Camargo is well taken and well made. That is the most exclusive course in our area without a doubt.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Interedting - when I lived in the northeast this would have been easy enough Shinnecock or Pine Hills. 

In Florida it’s not as difficult - most of the name courses are resorts and played for a fee (a big one but you can get on.) I’ve played a few, there’s too many and not enough time to play them all but any of us could play say - Sawgrass or Doral or Bayhill if we wanted - I’ve played Sawgrass twice and would again, anytime.  Fun, fun course that all of us know because we see it on TV every year.

In my county we have a new club that is very exclusive. My pro can get me on any of the other clubs in the area but not this one. Still it has a B and B attached tgat gas stay and play privileges. Plus seeing it on TV in the lpga tournament it hosts there are still a lot of holes remaining from the original Donald Ross layout. 

Seminole on the Eastcoast of Florida would be the closest thing to a bucket list course here I suppose but I was unmoved seeing it on TV last year. It did nothing to really wow me. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Any course next to the ocean would be my pick. We played Barnboogle, a course in Australia which is consistently ranked top 50 in the world. The course is on the Bass straight  and it was a surreal experience. Something about the sound of the ocean in the background, the sea breezes, and the ocean smells that just enhances the golf experience. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Nothing really exclusive in my area that I would consider bucket list worthy.  There are some private courses but you never hear anyone saying it is a must play.  Most courses are semi private so you can make a tee time and play.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think all the Houston area folks would say Bluejack National since it's beautiful and associated with Tiger. I'll also throw in River Oaks Country Club. Buddy used to work for caddy master so I did get lucky to play out at Carlton Woods Niklaus course which just hosted LPGA event 2 weeks ago. But BJ remains the big goal, don't think it's out of the question either

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

I'm in the Washington Dc area.  I get to play all of the private close-in courses in Virginia semi-regularly, as part of an inter-club league, including the Trump course where LIV will be in a few weeks.  I got to play at Congressional in a Member Guest.  The only real bucket-list courses, based on exclusivity, would be Burning Tree (Maryland), Kinloch near Richmond VA, and the RTJ course in Gainesville, VA.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

The Country Club - site of the 2022 US Open

Myopia Hunt

Eastward Ho!

Nantucket GC

Charles River CC

Newport CC - site of the 2024 US Senior Open

Rhode Island CC

...quite a few around me. a lot of rich people around here. 😆

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

There's one country club in town, Kishwaukee CC.  Just like @Ben Joest I drive past it all the time and would like to play it just once, just to say I've played it.  No idea what its like and it may be a goat track for all I know but I just have to try it.

About a half hour away is Rich Harvest Farms, which hosted a LIV event last year, and Black Sheep Golf Club.  Everything says those courses are nice.  Would be cool to play, but I'm sure I couldn't afford to even look at them!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

There's only one near me and I drive past the entrance when I take the back road through Ooltewah and that is The Honors Course. Driving by, you wouldn't know it's there. There's no splashy gate you can see from the road, but I know it's just right there.

A buddy of mine sent me photos from there one day as he works construction and was building a new feel at the clubhouse. 

Add me to @StrokerAce and the country club in Brookline, MA. One of the most exclusive courses around (Tom Brady was on a wait list out it that way)….if only….

I interviewed the Facilties director there years back when I was in school because my long term career goal is to manage an exclusive club somewhere. I was hoping he would invite me for a round but alas wasn’t the case…..had my clubs in the car and everything. My Infiniti G37 looked like a peasant car in that lot.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Add me to @StrokerAce and the country club in Brookline, MA. One of the most exclusive courses around (Tom Brady was on a wait list out it that way)….if only….

I interviewed the Facilties director there years back when I was in school because my long term career goal is to manage an exclusive club somewhere. I was hoping he would invite me for a round but alas wasn’t the case…..had my clubs in the car and everything. My Infiniti G37 looked like a peasant car in that lot.

I agree the Country Club in Brookline, I just found out a former student is the special functions coordinator there, but know I have a better shot at TPC Boston in Norton MA. 

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

I mean... Augusta and Cypress are pretty hard to beat,  but I'll put a public course at the top of my bucket list,  St. Andrews.

Edit, i suck. And missed the "local" aspect of the OP. So let me pretend that i didn't say what i said. 

Local course,  would be Sahalee. It's only local as in its in the same state,  i went in... 97? For the pga championship,  it's beautiful tree lined hell that would no doubt kick my teeth in.  But i want a peeve of it.  The lpga is back there next year,  so I'll go see it again and dream.

SmartSelect_20230510_083033_Firefox.jpg.1a4bf8003e11f79813a32a91afafd066.jpg

Edited by Thin2win

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

If we're talking local, then I'll have to say Pinehurst #2 since it's walking distance from my house. Maybe the new #10 in the next year, since I played the now former Pit back in 1996.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

For Cleveland, I'd lean more towards the more famous courses - Canterbury CC (hosted numerous PGA and Senior events) and Firestone South (former home of the WGC). The Country Club and Lakewood are probably the most exclusive courses, so I would like to play those if possible. I'd also love to get down to Muirfield in Columbus where Jack holds his tournament.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I live 3 miles from Torrey Pines, but for the purposes of this survey, it's gotta be either Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club (only $100k initiation fee and two member recs! And to add insult to injury, they let the public walk the perimeter walkway so they can see what they can never have) or The Farms Golf Club. A local guy I know is a member at The Farms. When I mention taking me there as a guest, he chortles hysterically. 

Mine would defiantly be Pinnacle CC here in NW Arkansas its where they play the LPGA event beautiful course I walked it when the last event came through but besides when there is a big tournament it is a gated and secured community I would love even just playing 9 there  

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Thankfully most all the courses around me are accessible... But for a price point I'm just not willing to pay.

Zurich and Lucerne have some gorgeous high end courses and maybe one day I'll play. However I will admit Tara Iti is first on this list for me.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

For me, the local bucket list courses are Erin Hills and even closer to where I reside, Sand Valley (Mammoth Dunes, Sand Valley and The Lido), which is located in Rome, WI and 5 minutes from my in-laws cabin. I have to drive past the sign all year and want to play so bad, but it’s pricey for a golfer of my skill at $235 plus a caddie fee. Someday I’ll play it, but I want to be better so I can truly enjoy myself. 

For those who have not heard of Sand Valley, their website is worth a look (would be an AMAZING spot for an MGS outing as they have accommodations right on the course). The Lido is an exact copy of the course that was originally located in Long Island, NY, which was purchased and demolished by the Navy during WW2. A ton went into course design and it is said to play exactly as the course in NY would have played, down to wind patterns. 

https://sandvalley.com

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

On 5/9/2023 at 7:30 AM, StrokerAce said:

The Country Club - site of the 2022 US Open

Myopia Hunt

Eastward Ho!

Nantucket GC

Charles River CC

Newport CC - site of the 2024 US Senior Open

Rhode Island CC

...quite a few around me. a lot of rich people around here. 😆

“Old money” out there.

Around my house in Utah, I was lucky enough that a friend of mine was a course rater for golf digest and golf weekly, and so I knocked off most. That said, I still am trying to get Promontory in park city, specifically the Nicklaus course. My wife’s uncle is the lawyer for Promontory, but he has had trouble convincing the pro that I should be allowed on. Hopefully I will get it one day.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

My local bucket list here in VA would be the Cascades and Kinloch. Definitely want to play there, but I need to get improve my game before I step on a course like those. 😂

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli

I’ve got two that are reasonably close. Within 20 minutes of my house in opposite directions are Old Chatham and Raleigh Country Club. 

Taylormade Sim 9.0

Taylormade sim2 13.5

Srixon z irons

SM8 Vijay wedges (54,58)

Odyssey Double Wide putter

Taylormade TP5

I’ve been lucky enough to play a lot of the smaller private clubs in my area through family, friends, and acquaintances. Only one I haven’t played is Onondaga Country Club. I got the chance to play Oak Hill east course about 1.5yrs ago and have tickets to go to the pga championship this year so it will be very cool to say that the first major championship I ever attended I got to play the course

If I had to pick a bucket list of courses near me and they’re not really close, but it’s NY, would be Shinnecock, Winged Foot, and Bethpage black. These courses are still a decent 4.5hrs from me but would be really cool to even step foot on the grounds given the history at each

A closer (35-40min) more attainable option is Atunyote at The Turning Stone where DJ won his first pga tour event. I’m hopping this year I’ll play that course.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

19 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

For me, the local bucket list courses are Erin Hills and even closer to where I reside, Sand Valley (Mammoth Dunes, Sand Valley and The Lido), which is located in Rome, WI and 5 minutes from my in-laws cabin. I have to drive past the sign all year and want to play so bad, but it’s pricey for a golfer of my skill at $235 plus a caddie fee. Someday I’ll play it, but I want to be better so I can truly enjoy myself. 

For those who have not heard of Sand Valley, their website is worth a look (would be an AMAZING spot for an MGS outing as they have accommodations right on the course). The Lido is an exact copy of the course that was originally located in Long Island, NY, which was purchased and demolished by the Navy during WW2. A ton went into course design and it is said to play exactly as the course in NY would have played, down to wind patterns. 

https://sandvalley.com

My great uncle lives about 40 mins from Erin Hills and I’ve been wanting to set up a trip to go out there and play there and Whistling Straits. A lot of high end courses in your area. 

My brother in-law played sand valley and could not say a bad thing about it. Definitely agree that it’s a perfect set up for an outing especially since they have on site lodging similar to pinehurst

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Just now, Swood1994 said:

My great uncle lives about 40 mins from Erin Hills and I’ve been wanting to set up a trip to go out there and play there and Whistling Straits. A lot of high end courses in your area. 

My brother in-law played sand valley and could not say a bad thing about it. Definitely agree that it’s a perfect set up for an outing especially since they have on site lodging similar to pinehurst

I would LOVE to see an MGS outing somewhere in the upper midwest here. Wisconsin is loaded with great courses. Erin Hills & Whistling Straights as you mentioned, Sand Valley is really good, The Golf Courses of Lawsonia are great courses, Sentry World (Home of the 2023 U.S. Senior Open) & Stevens Point CC in Stevens Point, WI (private course but allows limited public tee times). Then just near where I live, there are two great courses in Wisconsin Dells in Trappers Turn (an Andy North design) & Wild Rock GC.

I'll just keep hoping it someday happens and then I can be the group bartender and make everyone old fashioneds (which I make a mean cocktail, if I do say so myself 😜)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

17 hours ago, MuniGolfer said:

“Old money” out there.

Around my house in Utah, I was lucky enough that a friend of mine was a course rater for golf digest and golf weekly, and so I knocked off most. That said, I still am trying to get Promontory in park city, specifically the Nicklaus course. My wife’s uncle is the lawyer for Promontory, but he has had trouble convincing the pro that I should be allowed on. Hopefully I will get it one day.

Very old money

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I would LOVE to see an MGS outing somewhere in the upper midwest here. Wisconsin is loaded with great courses. Erin Hills & Whistling Straights as you mentioned, Sand Valley is really good, The Golf Courses of Lawsonia are great courses, Sentry World (Home of the 2023 U.S. Senior Open) & Stevens Point CC in Stevens Point, WI (private course but allows limited public tee times). Then just near where I live, there are two great courses in Wisconsin Dells in Trappers Turn (an Andy North design) & Wild Rock GC.

I'll just keep hoping it someday happens and then I can be the group bartender and make everyone old fashioneds (which I make a mean cocktail, if I do say so myself 😜)

You let me know when the MGS outing is happening and I will DEFINITELY be there!  

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5