Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Winter Routine...

Sschaffer24

Hey guys.

Being stuck in good old PA throughout the winter months make it really tough to get out and practice. i'm fortunate to have an instructor that I travel to and take lessons from indoors, but I still don't get the same level of reps that I would like to.

What kind of routine have you guys developed to help when you have to sit around all day? Any certain products to help with a swing? Favorite chipping/putting products? 

I'd love to hear from anyone that's modified something that can help avoid gathering TOO much rust over this winter.

Happy Holidays everyone!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I have a Big Moss putting green...it is 11'x4'....I can practice up to about 9' to 10' putts on it....rolls great

I just bought an orange whip late in the season, and I plan on getting that out at least a couple times a week

Beyond that, I don't have many options

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Visit the local simulator once or twice a month and then putt in the basement.  I have a 4'x14' birdieball green.  Rolls very nice and I use it just to work on alignment and hitting my mark.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Local driving range has individual covered stalls with heaters in the ceiling. Also, gotta keep your stretches and weights up over the cold months.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Man do I badly wish that I had a local range with heated bays...

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Go Raiders!

Don't worry, there's nothing in this world that could remove me from a Raider game. I'm trying to plan around that so I can stop my head from spinning over this season...

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I drink beer, watch football and wait for Spring.

About the same for me with an occasional round in Florida or Vegas.  Have a heated range near me that I rarely get to these days as well as a simulator near me that I can use just about anytime that again I rarely get to.  Also spend way to much time on eBay buying things that I really just do not need.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I drink beer, watch football and wait for Spring.

My kind of routine. Except that I like something stronger and watch basketball :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Heated bays will be nice this year, but I normally putt a lot and one thing that actually helps me a lot is slow motion swinging. I do that a lot when I'm watching tv but it helps me figure out my positioning during the swing.

Otherwise, I keep looking at the 10 day forecast.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I may get 2 or 3 rounds in locally and will spend a couple of weeks with retired snowbird buds, for the most part, I will just consider it to be the off season and relax away from the game.  While I certainly understand the desire to play uninterrupted year round, there is something to be said for the seasonal aspect.   Come spring when the tress start budding and the grass starts growing, there is a certain sense of renewal, a fresh start of sorts.   Likewise, when spring arrives, I have a sense of renewal a fresh start to my golf game.  I would not have that sense of renewal or anticipation or fresh start, if I played year round.  

Do as I say... not as I do.

We all (a lot of us anyway) do way to much sitting around during the winter months. Stretch. And the Stretch some more.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

That is on my to do list actually. I went from a relatively active job on the sales floor to a very sedentary lifestyle in management. I need to incorporate more stretching all year round!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Usually hit the heated stalls near me... Having said that though, I usually put the sticks down and enjoy the cold - Ski, go tubing etc...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Go Raiders!

Don't worry, there's nothing in this world that could remove me from a Raider game. I'm trying to plan around that so I can stop my head from spinning over this season...

It's been a fun season. I've been a Raiders fan for 49 years.... the last 13 years have been painful, to say the least. It seems like they will finally break the curse and be a competitive team for a good while. I was starting to think I would never get to see them be a decent team again.

KC at Arrowhead Thursday. Going to be a tough one!

Do as I say... not as I do.

We all (a lot of us anyway) do way to much sitting around during the winter months. Stretch. And the Stretch some more.

I hear ya, Plaid. I'm getting to the age where I really need to start taking better care of myself. Problem is, I work soooo much during the Winter. It's hard to get motivated to do much more than what's necessary after work.

Last winter I invested in a NetReturn and SkyTrak and set up a hitting bay in my garage.  It gets a TON of usage during the winter months when it's too cold to practice outside.  If I didn't have that then I'd basically be stuck doing various swing drills in the living room at night.

I still do a lot of swing routines while we watch TV at night, though.  I usually have my Orange Whip (iron length) to work on tempo and stretching, Gabe Golf 7-iron to do some slow motion swing drills with a mirror and I've got some hackie sack style practice balls that I use to chip around the house.  Also do a lot of putting, too.

I can generally play all year long, but it's getting cold outside!!  Snow last night, and more snow on the way on Thursday.  However, it should be gone by next week.  So, off and on throughout the year I will spend some time on the course.  I also have a driving range about 1/2 mile away with covered, heated bays and I will head there to hit a few balls.  Not my favorite thing to do, but at least I'm swinging'!!  It's also time to get my BirdieBall green out to spend those cold days and nights trying to get my putting stroke grooved.  I can also use it for chipping practice.  I will still head to the course for most short game work, just to get out of the house!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This winter is gonna be packed with the gym, practice in the indoor range and lessons. I'm hoping to be able to get the handicap down 10-15 strokes so it's gonna take a lot of work in the winter to do so.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

A lot of interesting stuff.

Theoo good on you for putting the effort into the routine. I am hoping to be able to do the same thing and finally get into the single digits for my handicap next year. The issue is the closest indoor range is about 1.5 hours away from me. I try to get there every other week, any more than that just isn't feasible.

The guys with an orange whip... What do you think? I've been thinking about something like that to just swing and keep the body loose. I wonder though, are there any good items that are more condensed that I can swing? My house has pretty low ceilings...

Also, Silver & Black, I've been a Raider fan my entire childhood and adult life. At the age of 26 I can't say I have as much experience as you do, but I've spent basically the entirety of my football watching years with the Raiders being terrible. You're right, Arrowhead is going to be tough. But this is a statement game if I've ever seen one. Carr and Mack need to head out there and show these guys what we can be. Man, this team is just awesome! 

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Now that I'm done traveling for a few weeks, it's time to get started on hitting balls inside my shop, using my GC2 and using my weights and exercise equipment.

Hoping to get in at least 2-3 trips south over the winter/early spring to hit on real turf. 

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Now that I'm done traveling for a few weeks, it's time to get started on hitting balls inside my shop, using my GC2 and using my weights and exercise equipment.

Hoping to get in at least 2-3 trips south over the winter/early spring to hit on real turf. 

Let me know when and where you go!  I'm in Phoenix Jan 31-Feb 11.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I try to work out 3 days a week focusing on stretches. I also have a weighted club I swing and a putting mat with a Sklz perfect putting plane.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9