Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Me too, but I got the white because I have a ton of black t-shirts.

Heh...for me, black is...er..."slimming" and helps hide those unfortunate stains I invariably create that always seem to be caught by my...well...front porch...😝. White shirts for me just show off how sloppy I can be when I'm not careful...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My Odyssey Stroke Lab arrived today. Went with a 35” V Line CS. The results on the SAM putt lab were just too good compared to the blade I had been playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The local Academy Sports is having a big clearance sale. Chrome Softs were only $15/dozen, so I picked up a couple dozen. Tempted to go back and buy the rest.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, djahubes said:

Ok,I am an addict. I need to stop reading this forum and watching YouTube, although I love the content over at TXG. So there I was, content with my TS3 setup. Hit the F9 at a top 100 fitter, was impressed, but not enough to buy. Fast forward to all the hype around the Ventus shaft. Figured what the hell, I have a bunch of stuff to sell/trade in, should be no out of pocket expense. Well looking around the interwebs, I happen across JDs custom clubs. What do you know, cobra F9, Fujikura Ventus 6s, $549........so I caved. WTF.

As an aside. Called Fujikura, and they couldn’t recommend JDs more. He’s based in Minnesota and so far the communication and experience has been off the charts. If you are in the market for new stuff,check it out. His prices are crazy competitive.

https://www.jdsclubs.com

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've been holding off on pulling the TS2 trigger.  I dont even want to go hit the F9. 

New to me 3 wood arrived today! New shaft for my driver is scheduled for tomorrow. IMG_4560.thumb.JPG.538ead09fc12a8648d3df5e72b9b1d3f.JPGIMG_4559.thumb.JPG.508df17631717d2911069a4ffbff0eb8.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Classic set up. That thing is a cannon and the only TM club I have actually had in my bag in years.

I was planning on showing pics of my new driver shaft I ordered last week. Now I'm not sure if to post here or "got problems" thread. Purchased a new driver shaft from one of the more reputable shops. It arrived today looking like this. FYI the grip end of the shaft was well cushioned with bubble wrap unfortunately the other end wasn't.

We'll see how the shop responds.

IMG_4561.JPGIMG_4563.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I've been holding off on pulling the TS2 trigger.  I dont even want to go hit the F9. 

Don’t I may decide to part ways with my TS3 head, we’ll see!

I'm going to call this the find of the decade.. well at least for me it is. 2017 Cobra King LTD Black driver. This is the driver with the funny looking Glass piece on the bottom but the newer 2017 murdered out version. Cobra claims it was designed by aliens.. well at least people who know people why may know about aliens. This beast is virtually brand new without so much as a ball mark or even a finger print. It has a UST elements chrome shaft and came with all of the goodies except for the Cobra connect grip (big whoop). Bought it from a guy in a back alley for $100. This thing just defines sexy! inCollage_20190209_150901728.jpeginCollage_20190209_150729011.jpeg0209191456b.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6

"Bought it from a guy in a back alley for $100." So it fell off the back of a truck?

• Like 1

My Odyssey Stroke Lab arrived today. Went with a 35” V Line CS. The results on the SAM putt lab were just too good compared to the blade I had been playing.

I actually tried this exact putter out earlier today at PGA SS and was VERY impressed.
Not sure if I’m a fan of the texture of the grip but beyond that, I loved everything about this putter.
If I didn’t just buy a new putter last year...

Not golf related but we just upgraded out phones to the new Pixel 3's. Normal for the Minister of War and Finance and Connor and an XL for me...so far I'm digging them.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I'm going to call this the find of the decade.. well at least for me it is. 2017 Cobra King LTD Black driver. This is the driver with the funny looking Glass piece on the bottom but the newer 2017 murdered out version. Cobra claims it was designed by aliens.. well at least people who know people why may know about aliens. This beast is virtually brand new without so much as a ball mark or even a finger print. It has a UST elements chrome shaft and came with all of the goodies except for the Cobra connect grip (big whoop). Bought it from a guy in a back alley for $100. This thing just defines sexy! inCollage_20190209_150901728.jpeginCollage_20190209_150729011.jpeg0209191456b.jpeg

That is completely badass! 

"Bought it from a guy in a back alley for $100." So it fell off the back of a truck?

Well it was actually the parking lot of a circle K.. but I definitely felt like I was doing some back alley business.. the only tiny negative is that it was cut to 43".. but that's an easy fix. I've got it being extended to 44" and flex checked as we speak. Got a chance to hit it at 43" yesterday. Feel and sound is unreal! Spin was Uber low at 1600 RPM. Probably from being shorter. Hopefully the extra length will do the trick.

• Like 3

That is completely badass! 
The coolest feature is the flat black crown with a very subtle diamond pattern. You can barely see it in the pic. Most of the time you can't see it at all unless the light hits it just right. Super dope!

• Like 1

Saw a Callaway Rogue Driver w/Aldila Quantura shaft in 10.5* for $250. The shaft is Senior flex. Is it worth it?