Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

So... I went ahead and bought the new Putt-Out putting trainer, and I have to say I'm in love. I love the fact that you get great feedback in terms of the distance the ball would've gone by the hole had you missed, and trying to hit it so perfect that the ball settles in the extra hole (only done it a couple of times). I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried it and your thoughts.20170426_154859.jpeg20170426_155738.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've been meaning to pick one of these up for a while now. I actually placed an order an Amazon for $18, but it got cancelled. I'm assuming the pricing was wrong or they were out of stock. They look like they can be fun and frustrating at the same time.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Interesting. I've never seen this practice tool before.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• SPY VIP

I've been leary of this since it first hit the market. I'd worry it's repetitive nature could cause stroke issues as some users may start adjusting and forcing/manipulating their path to steer the ball to the target without even knowing. I'm not a fan of target golf indoors do to inability to predict break at times. I tend to not focus on targets and practice stroke/path/feel at home and work on break on real greens.

Look forward to your feedback though, keep us updated.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I've been leary of this since it first hit the market. I'd worry it's repetitive nature could cause stroke issues as some users may start adjusting and forcing/manipulating their path to steer the ball to the target without even knowing. I'm not a fan of target golf indoors do to inability to predict break at times. I tend to not focus on targets and practice stroke/path/feel at home and work on break on real greens.

Look forward to your feedback though, keep us updated.

I have the same opinion.  Seems like you basically practice the same putt,  speed on carpet really doesn't seem to transfer to the course so what value does seeing how far the ball would go past the hole provide.   If I am at the course,  I don't setup for a single putt and can simply lay something on the putting green to see how far past the ball would go.

My home putting is strictly about starting the ball on line and i never worry about distance or read.  

Just my thoughts...

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm going on month 3 with my Puttout and love it.  I try not to overthink the "perfect putt" and just use it as a gravity-return practice cup.  We'll see what it actually does to my average # of putts this year.

Sean K.

Driver: :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha, 10.5o, -1"
Wood: :srixon-small: Z-F85, 3W, 15o
Hybrids: :titelist-small: 818 H1, 19o
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2.0 55o, 60o
Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Tour Impact No. 3
Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star

2017 Vice Pro Forum Review
2019 Tommy Armour Tour Impact No.3 Forum Review

• 1 month later...

Well... I've taken all of the feedback into account. That being said, I'd have to say I love the Putt-out personally. I understand and agree it may not be for everyone. However, the room I use it in is VERY un-level (if that's a word). Here are several breaks and the more I move it around the room, the more it changes. With that in mind, it makes reading the breaks and perfecting the speed to get the ball in the perfect putt hole has helped me tremendously. All of my friends have really noticed how my number of putts has dropped each round. My last 18 I had one 3 putt at Bethpage Red, which is not nearly as hard as Black, but NOT an easy track either... especially for a high handicapper such as myself. So all in all, I love it! I'll keep everyone posted as the season progresses!!

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a putt-out and used it for a few months.  I do not get out to the course as often as I like, so this is perfect for me.  I try to vary up the locations I use it.  Then I can work on different speeds, breaks, etc.  I use this in combination with my swingbyte.  I am then able to have numbers of club face, path, take-away, and tempo with the putt-out.  This combination gives me all the feedback I need and I really enjoy it.

Looks interesting but 30.00 seems a bit much.  I'm waiting for it to go on sale...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Can someone explain how it supposedly works?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I think it can be a solid tool on the right surface, every putt starts straight (in my opinion) it's the greens breaks that moves the ball left and right.

WITB: 

TM 2017 M1 440 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M1 15* 3 Wood w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M2 4 Rescue Hybrid w/ Aldila Rogue Black S

TM PSi Tours P - 3i (One too many clubs :D ) w/ DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM6 60,56,52 w/ DG Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

TM Spider Tour Red

Titleist 14 way bag  :)  :)

Can someone explain how it supposedly works?

Videos on the site explain the basics.  You roll the ball and if you roll it up the ramp,  it would go in the hole.  How far it rolls back indicates how far the ball would roll past the hole.  There is an extra hole that can be opened that requires perfect speed to have the ball stick in the hole.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but I recently just won a puttout and had a few questions.

I watched pretty much all the videos on the interwebs but was confused a bit. If the return emulates how far the ball would have rolled past on a miss, then why would you want it to return at all?

I was watching one video and the guy was putting say 3ft, the ball was returning right to where let putt from. Doesn't that mean he would have rolled it by 3 feet?

Shouldnt all the videos have the ball stopping in the little hole, simulating a perfect putt, rather than rolling back at all?

8hhf0J5.png

The device is trying to teach 2 skills. The first is line which is accomplished by rolling the ball over the white area simulating the hole. The smaller target is simply a smaller target. The second skill is speed related. If you miss the hole. You want to make sure the ball doesn't roll 8 feet past

• SPY VIP

The device is trying to teach 2 skills. The first is line which is accomplished by rolling the ball over the white area simulating the hole. The smaller target is simply a smaller target. The second skill is speed related. If you miss the hole. You want to make sure the ball doesn't roll 8 feet past

IMHO people shouldn't be putting towards a line indoors, there's no 100% guarantee of line/break read and a greater chance of manipulating stroke to target.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

IMHO people shouldn't be putting towards a line indoors, there's no 100% guarantee of line/break read and a greater chance of manipulating stroke to target.

I agree anything over about 18" is a waste indoors. The great thing is that distance is perfect for practicing the ability to start the ball on intended line. The drill is more of a mechanics drill to ensure consistent stroke and setup. Also never more than 5 balls so you are forced to get out of your setup position. I have a barrier setup just past the 18" mark to stop the balls

I am not a fan of practicing x length putts indoors since you will seldom see that putt on the golf course. Even outdoors I don't like hitting the exact same putt over and over.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to order one soon, I am planning on taking this to the golf course closest to my house and using it on the green, as their pin placements are usually really dumb and there are never enough for how many people are trying to practice. I have an Odyssey putt target now, but I am curious about the Putt-Out. 

In my Callaway Hyperlight 5 bag

Driver:    :callaway-small:  Epic GBB 

Fairway Wood:    :callaway-small:  Epic GBB

Hybrid:   :cobra-small:  King F7 2 & 3 H

Irons:   Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Mid (4-PW)

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  MD3 50/56

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne

Ball: Vice Pro + or :callaway-small: Chromesoft

I completely agree, I'm a feel putter and the last thing I need to commit to muscle memory is a faulty putting stroke

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 1 month later...

I've had the putt-out for about 2 months now. I personally love it.  

A lot of good points have been made in this thread but I'm just not putting that much thought into the training aid. 

All i want to know is can i roll it up the ramp.

For me it helps me test if where I'm aiming is where I think I'm aiming and if i'm starting the ball on line. 

If the ball rolls off to one side or the other of the ramp i know i hit a poor putt.  I have only been able to get the "perfect speed" once. So i stopped caring about that.  I just want to know that if i'm on the green and i have a putt that appears straight-ish can i start the ball on my intended line and get it to the hole. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

Archived