Sign in to follow this  
perseveringgolfer

The Scottish Open

Heres the line up (so far) for the Scottish Open at Gullane this week. Pretty decent field for our wee tournament prior to the BIG one next week.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018058/teetimes/index.html

Unfortunately Henrik Stenson has withdrawn due to elbow problems.

Personally I think the Hoff has a good chance and the game to win this (traditionally meaning he wont win the Open next week)

We have had a heatwave here for the last 3 weeks. Its set to cool to around 70* this week but staying dry and a breeze so bodes well for anyone really who's on form.

https://youtu.be/5WUvyahRDcE

Course details if you want a hole by hole and scorecard etchttps://www.gullanegolfclub.co.uk/course_no.1

I love watching this tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings every year, to get ready for The Open the following week.   I'm hoping conditions remain firm fast for this.   i have no idea how that would affect Carnoustie, I think that course presents enough challenges on it's own.  Really looking forward to this Open probably more than any since the 2015 on at St. Andrews when Jordan was going for the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam.

• Like 1

I love watching this tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings every year, to get ready for The Open the following week. I'm hoping conditions remain firm fast for this. i have no idea how that would affect Carnoustie, I think that course presents enough challenges on it's own. Really looking forward to this Open probably more than any since the 2015 on at St. Andrews when Jordan was going for the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam.

This is my favorite time of year for golf. Loving watching early morning European tour
  • Like 2

I fancy Rickie (won the last time at Gullane) with Russell Knox a good bet with his good form.

I fancy Rickie (won the last time at Gullane) with Russell Knox a good bet with his good form.

Those two putts Knox made on 18 and the playoff hole..."My Goodness!"    

• Like 3

lets keep the chat to golf ;) ;)

Seriously though I would love to see Rickie win the Open this year.

I love watching this tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings every year, to get ready for The Open the following week.   I'm hoping conditions remain firm fast for this.   i have no idea how that would affect Carnoustie, I think that course presents enough challenges on it's own.  Really looking forward to this Open probably more than any since the 2015 on at St. Andrews when Jordan was going for the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam.

forecast is dry and its like concrete just now with no rain for nearly 4 weeks. It means some hazards that were out of reach come into play, plus theres potential run off into the many burns (streams) on the course especially 17 and 18  :o

Don't forget the Kiwi, Ryan Fox loves this time of year and has hit great form.

apparently the fairways are like a 10 on the stimp just now for the Scottish Open and Open next week. No rain forecast...yet..and no wind Gad dang it!

• Like 1

Dang, sorry I didn't see this. The last 3 weeks plus next week are favorites. French Open, Irish Open, Scottish Open... then The Open.

I really wish there was a EuropeanTour live app. I'd ditch the pga tour app in a second. I'm sick of watching golf played on Parkland courses all year.

That's why I'm glad the last few US Opens have been on a Hearhland/Links style. Even Oakmont was cool, that's like a perfect mixture.

I'm taking Nacho Elvira -11

• Like 1

Dang, sorry I didn't see this. The last 3 weeks plus next week are favorites. French Open, Irish Open, Scottish Open... then The Open.

I really wish there was a EuropeanTour live app. I'd ditch the pga tour app in a second. I'm sick of watching golf played on Parkland courses all year.

That's why I'm glad the last few US Opens have been on a Hearhland/Links style. Even Oakmont was cool, that's like a perfect mixture.

I'm taking Nacho Elvira -11

not only that but the Seniors Open is at St Andrews Old course the week after the Open......what a Golf fest we have this month

• Like 2

Might change my mind if Nacho doesn't start playing...

• Like 1

Just heard them say the greens are running at 9 - 10ish, I like seeing the longer putting strokes.

Think these guys like slower or faster greens in general?

Just heard them say the greens are running at 9 - 10ish, I like seeing the longer putting strokes.

Think these guys like slower or faster greens in general?

They are used to playing faster greens but if they run true it probably doesn't matter to them.

I really like watching golf in the U.K. It is nice to see the origin and see that some courses really stand the test of time.

• Like 2

They are used to playing faster greens but if they run true it probably doesn't matter to them.

I really like watching golf in the U.K. It is nice to see the origin and see that some courses really stand the test of time.

Me too. I don't like the manufactured set ups. Love me some links golf. Wish I lived in Europe just to play golf there, good weather. Then somewhere else in the winter.

*besides the Masters of course.

• Like 1

Going with Jorge Campillo since Nacho didn't make the cut.

I will take Fox now going into the final round. I would rather be in the clubhouse right now. Fox has been playing great golf lately.

I think Rickie likes Gullane.

I played Gullane 2 and 3 a couple weeks ago, and I'd guess they were running about the same, maybe 9.  The thing is, the fairways run 8 or 9 too.

• Like 1