Bushnell warranty is fraudulent

Our Sponsors

I’ve had a Bushnell tour v4 slope edition for about one year.  I believe I paid about $400 for it.  It began to be very slow in returning a distance and the slope feature would not work.  I sent it back to Bushnell under their warranty policy.  They returned the laser along with some codes indicating that they found water damage and the warranty was void.  This is troubling because this laser has never been exposed to rain or water in any form.  Further the letter indicated the product was obsolete and their were no parts available.  

The popular golf sites can give reviews of a product brand new out of the box but they do not reflect how the product will hold up and how the company will honor its warranty.  It this case Bushnell has failed completely!!

• Sad 7

Maybe give Nikon a try. I've had good experience with them. Bought a rangefinder from them about 6 years ago. After a little more than a year (past the warranty date) the eyepiece broke off and they sent me a brand new model to replace it. 

• Like 2

I know several people who have had similar experiences. For a company of that stature their customer service is very poor. I was looking at a GPS watch and the customer service reviews made me do further evaluations. I wound up going with a TecTecTec laser and the same brand gps watch. The cost is about a quarter of the Bushnells and they have very good customer service and just as accurate. I had an issue with the yardage read out image disapearing on the laser after about two years. They told me how to fix it within 15 minutes of sending an email. I followed the email instructions and it was corrected. Then they followed up with a call a day later to make sure everything was ok.

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

If I ever have to shop for another rangefinder I will only buy from Precision Pro. Their service can NOT be beaten, and their lasers are as good as anything else out there.

• Like 8

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

On 8/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mtnoneputt said:

I’ve had a Bushnell tour v4 slope edition for about one year.  I believe I paid about $400 for it.  It began to be very slow in returning a distance and the slope feature would not work.  I sent it back to Bushnell under their warranty policy.  They returned the laser along with some codes indicating that they found water damage and the warranty was void.  This is troubling because this laser has never been exposed to rain or water in any form.  Further the letter indicated the product was obsolete and their were no parts available.  

The popular golf sites can give reviews of a product brand new out of the box but they do not reflect how the product will hold up and how the company will honor its warranty.  It this case Bushnell has failed completely!!

Terrible.    And despicable.  They should have done something to help.   Credit towards another product would have worked,  if they cared about taking care of their customers.

Maybe their damn diagnostic codes don't work right.   As a programmer, I can tell you for certain that we never put our hearts and souls into diagnostics codes, it is necessary evil that never gets the attention it requires.

I will support you and vow never to buy a Bushnell product. 

Maybe more people will join us.   They willfully made the decision that they were going to lose one customer,  they need to lose more.

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

If I ever have to shop for another rangefinder I will only buy from Precision Pro. Their service can NOT be beaten, and their lasers are as good as anything else out there.

I haven't had to use use their customer service *knocks on wood*, but the product is still working flawlessly and much cheaper than Bushnell.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

20 hours ago, PMookie said:

+2. I bought Precision Pro NX-7 Pro Slope this year and I’ve been very pleased*. I considered paying the premium for a Bushnell, glad I didn’t after reading this thread.

* I didn’t know what I was missing on approach shots relying on GPS, big difference. I still use GPS from way out, but not inside 150 yards or so if the round counts for something.

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)
6 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I haven't had to use use their customer service *knocks on wood*, but the product is still working flawlessly and much cheaper than Bushnell.

That’s great! The best part of their services is that they allow for the trade-up to another new model and giving the value of the model one has toward the new one. Unreal. No other company does this!

• Like 3

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

I actually just went through a very similar headache with my Leupold rangefinder where the display stopped working. Replaced it with a precision pro as well precisely because of their customer service. I'm having a harder time picking up the flag (seem to be getting the trees behind the green a disproportionate amount of the time), but for the price point I think it'll stick with it...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

IFor any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

This is interesting to know, thanks.  But I have to admit the process fo "unfogging" it seems rather scary...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is interesting to know, thanks.  But I have to admit the process fo "unfogging" it seems rather scary...LOL

I know exactly what you mean. But I had nothing to loose because they said if it didn't work they would replace it. Seems like the cold temperatures and pressure changes can cause this. I forgot to take it out of my bag on another trip and actually did it a second time and it worked out fine again. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

19 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses.

Great advice Tom and something a good many never think about.👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had TWO Bushnells die from RAIN... 

TWO...

RAIN!!!

im in the Precision Pro camp now. For the money I’m happy with the PPro

• Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I got the Bushnell Tour V3 as a present in 2015.  It has been flawless, but then I live in the desert and don't play much in rain.  It has gotten wet a little, but not drenched.  My wife uses it mostly, as I like the GPS.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Reading this thread makes me feel even better than I have been about my choice to buy a Precision Pro NX7...

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or TM TP5

I want to support Precision Pro but my MG Golf Rangefinder won’t die....the first one I had developed some display issues within a year and they offered to replace it. So for $25 I upgraded to their newer version with jolt and display. Still working 3 years later....btw on my 3rd battery.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

On 8/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I know several people who have had similar experiences. For a company of that stature their customer service is very poor. I was looking at a GPS watch and the customer service reviews made me do further evaluations. I wound up going with a TecTecTec laser and the same brand gps watch. The cost is about a quarter of the Bushnells and they have very good customer service and just as accurate. I had an issue with the yardage read out image disapearing on the laser after about two years. They told me how to fix it within 15 minutes of sending an email. I followed the email instructions and it was corrected. Then they followed up with a call a day later to make sure everything was ok.

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

I second TecTecTec. Bought their DLXS slope laser rangefinder about 3 years ago. I actually dropped mine from the cart on a bumpy cart path. Although it was completely my fault, the guys at TTT were interested in seeing what happened internally i guess to try and beef up their next model so they asked me to return my damaged unit and sent me a new one. The replacement actually wasn't working so they sent me another replacement and i returned the replacement. Really good customer service from these guys and the product is just as accurate as my friend's Bushnell. 

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

I guess I'm a cynic. I understand airing grievances online (any of you who follow me on Twitter saw my continued rants against Southwest for refusing to refund $8k to our band kids, which eventually helped us get the kids' money back) however I take them a lot less seriously when it's someone with no background, no posts, no followup, etc. Sometimes I wonder if it's spite just to get the thread to show up in search engines, if it's marketing tactics by a competitor, if there's info that's been left out, etc. I'm certainly not discounting the claims made by the OP, however it should be noted that it's a lot easier to push a certain narrative when it's anonymous. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

I was thinking about adding a laser to my bag, but stories like this make Bushnell take a backseat of products I’m interested in. I don’t know how in 2020 companies haven’t learned that customer service is probably the most important thing your business can offer.

• Like 3

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

On 8/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, zrumble said:

I was thinking about adding a laser to my bag, but stories like this make Bushnell take a backseat of products I’m interested in. I don’t know how in 2020 companies haven’t learned that customer service is probably the most important thing your business can offer.

For sure. Customer service makes or breaks companies these days especially with social media being word of mouth on steroids. Definitely look at TecTecTec or PrecisionPro. Both are excellent products with great customer service.

• Like 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester