The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Good Morning everyone!  Today was my physical therapy day and the therapist changed up my exercise routines.  I had just gotten used to the exercise order, # of reps and # of sets.  Some exercises are the same, but the reps and sets changed; some new exercises thrown in the middle.  Ugh!

Knee feels a little better with help from pain relieving ointment and staying off it for a couple of days.  I'm going to give it a try tomorrow; Thanksgiving Day shotgun start but not a tournament.  

Hope everyone traveling today and tomorrow has clear skies and roads... stay safe!!  If you get delayed, just be patient... remember that as golfers we have learned that trait very well.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, BLD7 said:

Good morning Spies! For the first time in awhile there is actually no agenda for today. Hoping that hanging with the family will keep me from pre-ordering a Bettinardi BB1W lefty. Ha! The sound slot has piqued my interest. May have to do some meal prep today to keep me occupied, thought about organizing the golf workshop but that will likely only make me want to order a putter. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyway - may you all have a great day today.

I saw this post and it is now a couple of hours old so….. did you order the putter yet? Your wife called and told me it was OK if you did. Just so you know. Besides, we all would love to hear about that sound slot thing and how it performs for you 😉

Cheers ⛳

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

43 minutes ago, ZoonORama said:

I saw this post and it is now a couple of hours old so….. did you order the putter yet? Your wife called and told me it was OK if you did. Just so you know. Besides, we all would love to hear about that sound slot thing and how it performs for you 😉

Cheers ⛳

Well... I have self control issues when it comes to golf gear. Hahaha. So I'm happy to hear that the boss called and gave permission because the 34" lefty BB1W should be here mid-December. 😀 Have to admit, as a long time Scotty Cameron fan, I'll be interested to see how the Bettinardi compares to the NP2.5+ that has been in the bag. The all black setup with black shaft and the bright shade of blue accents & grip was just too sweet for me to pass up.

Edited by BLD7

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

1 minute ago, BLD7 said:

Well... I have self control issues when it comes to golf gear. Hahaha. So I'm happy to hear that the boss called and gave permission because the 34" lefty BB1W should be here mid-December. 😀 Have to admit, as a long time Scotty Cameron fan, I'll be interested to see how the Bettinardi compares to the NP2.5+ that has been in the bag. The all black setup with black shaft and the bright shade of blue accents & grip was just top sweet for me to pass up.

Excellent! I too have been told I have control issues…..not sure why. 🙄

Hope you get it soon and would love to hear your thoughts once you get some time with it on the practice green.

Cheers ⛳

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

9 minutes ago, ZoonORama said:

Excellent! I too have been told I have control issues…..not sure why. 🙄

Hope you get it soon and would love to hear your thoughts once you get some time with it on the practice green.

Cheers ⛳

Between the stash of clubs in the garage, the workshop in the basement, and the pile of clubs in the corner of the #golffice we talked about last week on the forum call - I dont see it as an issue of control, rather I see it as evidence of my passion for this game we love and the variety of gear we get to play with as we try to conquer this awesome game! (That is what I call a positive spin - hehe) Will definitely share when it arrives and first impressions! Thanks for the continued support!!

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

1 hour ago, ZoonORama said:

Cheers ⛳

Good job in helping with facilitating the purchase of another spy. So much good happening from one fellow MGS to another. In my case I am still quite grateful to  @Josh Parker for being willing to throw himself under the bus and being a foil for my wife’s ire at my purchase of the set of Edison customized wedges. He is a kind and extremely brave man. Hopefully Texas is large enough for both of us to avert the scourge of my royal ruler’s revenge. 

Edited by Dead Solid Bogey

10 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Good job in helping with facilitating the purchase of another spy. So much good happening from one fellow MGS to another. In my case I am still quite grateful to  @Josh Parker for being willing to throw himself under the bus and being a foil for my wife’s ire at my purchase of the set of Edison customized wedges. He is a kind and extremely brave man. Hopefully Texas is large enough for both of us to avert the scourge of my royal ruler’s revenge. 

I am here for the people. I am helping to create a healthier environment by lightening the amount of cash @BLD7 has to lug around in his wallet. Further, with a thinner wallet in his back pocket, he won’t have back issues now. 😁

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

3 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Happy to help a fellow spy!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

4 minutes ago, Fongle said:

Having an absolute blast at the Aus PGA Championship. Min Woo approved of my shirt, got his game ball signed by him afterwards too 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz-K77zvCn7/?igshid=YTI4YzE2YTYwMA==

That is awesome and nice shirt!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

7 minutes ago, Fongle said:

Having an absolute blast at the Aus PGA Championship. Min Woo approved of my shirt, got his game ball signed by him afterwards too 

That's awesome!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 hours ago, Fongle said:

Awesome!  Drag show, huh!?!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

32 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

Not much going on here so far, my wife will be waking up soon to put her sinfully delicious ham in the Crock-Pot for us to consume later. She buys a spiral cut maple brown sugar ham then packs each crevice with more brown sugar. She then coats it with maple syrup and pineapple juice. 

@Coachbutt, I didn't get to welcome you to the forum yesterday so I wanted to say it's good to have you here. This is the most friendly forum in the Internet, so hop in and talk golf and life. 

@Fongle, I don't know what to say except that's freaking awesome! Thanks for sharing that 

I hope you all have a wonderful day full of family, food, and friends. 

Thanks appreciate it. I'm drooling at the ham.

Started with 100$ set out of PX in White Sands NM 1970..53yrs later Miz 923hm. 1.9 hncp.

27 minutes ago, Coachbutt said:

Agree wholeheartedly. Family followed by golf and the folks we've met playing the game has become a source of fond memories as I age. In 94 a young man was at a local mini at 7am looking to play,he joined us and 29yrs later we're still together as Golfing buddies ever though we are separated by 20yrs. No longer able to walk the course I have fond recollections of those sticks clinking on my back as we walked. You can't buy these things.

These are the things I love about the game the most! I’ve met some amazing people and learned so much! Most of which are quite a bit older than me! I love getting to meet new people that are willing to share life experiences over the game of golf and a couple drinks after, and I keep in touch with quite a few of them! 

Samuel Hanvey