Why did you join MGS?

ole gray

Stumbled on the site after seeing the KSig vs ProV1 article on social media. After spending a couple hours reading old articles and forums I figured it was the site for my golf talk "fix."

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

2W: PXG 0341X Regular flex

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-SW: Callaway Steelhead XR

LW: Callaway MD

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

I just joined because I thought it might be fun. That's really it.

Certainly wasn't for free stuff. I didn't even know MGS gave things away back when I joined.

I got a very pleasant surprise when I found out I got to keep the MLA putter I got chosen to review. I'd assumed I would send it back after finishing my review.

By the way, it still works great.

• Like 5

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I like the honest and respectful discussion here. Best equipment reviews around without a doubt. Data and science backs up everything. Member reviews are awesome here as well. Mainly because not everyone here carries driver 350 and a cut 7 iron goes 195.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

To become a tester lol

Well you've taken the first step by making more than one post! :D   Hang in there QZ and you will get your opportunity by staying busy in the threads and showing you really care.

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

I joined after reading a forum members independent review- shoutout to rover rick wherever he maybe- his review of the c tapers was thorough and inspired me to join and contribute.

I've done some MGS reviews and some I did with things I bought on my own.

Have always liked the most wanted series. Looking forward to this years glove review- though the foot joy pure touch has yet to be beat for ne

• Like 5

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I liked the concept. Cut the BS and let's see what really performs. Plus no one else in my house will listen when I talk golf.

• Like 8

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I joined because I had read reviews for a little while and I liked the material I was seeing. I liked that it is honest testing and not driven by golf company dollars. I joined because the group seems fairly knowledgeable about golf and does get into the hype. I liked that the group is involved in the reviews and testing and has an ownership in the group

• Like 4

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

All of the above.

And golf is the only thing that I will never be able to master and is a game of honor, and will remain so for us. Those who would rather skirt around the rules can and are called on them. And the rare true cheater soon finds the sport is not for him...

• Like 3

To become a tester lol

Credit for an honest post  :D

But there is so much more greatness to this site than just being selected as a tester.  The Blog pieces are not among the best, but usually the best pieces of golf journalism I read anywhere!!   The fantastic forum members provide a welcoming, friendly atmosphere without any hidden agendas.    

All that said, take the time to set up a profile, engage in conversation in different threads, and most likely a testing opportunity will probably come your way at some point!!

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

At first I joined to get pointers on how to improve my game!

I stay because I just love chatting about Golf with like minded people!!

• Like 5

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Because I'm addicted to the game and what better way to share my addiction than with other fellow golfers. I was always a lurker and came here for reviews, so I figured I may as well be part of the community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Reason? Because golf is fun...I love everything about golf.  Playing the game an meeting new people, reading the latest reviews by the MGS staff and fellow spies, and learning about the game through my knowledged senior peers.  

• Like 6

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

As noted by my buds in another thread, Carolina, MDgolfhacker and I have been great friends and golfing buddies for, I'm guessing, at least 15 years or so.   We met as a result of local outings arranged on the old TGC discussion board.   Ever since, we have been able to find each other on multiple golf sites.  So the best way to answer is that I'm here because my buds are here.   That said, I, never the less, I am extremely grateful to have found and joined this site.  Of all the sites to which I have been exposed, this is the friendliest, the most honest, less hypocritical of any.  It is a genuine pleasure to be here.  As it was in other sites, my main desire is to make new friends and hopefully find a way to play golf with them.   I don't know if golf makes good people or if good people are attracted to golf, but my observation remains that on the course you will find and meet good people.

• Like 9

It started for me during a search for reviews of things like "the best clubs!".... I always ended up at GolfWRX.... as some of you might have as well.

There are a lot of people there that have a lot of opinions.  Some are very strong.  However, one thing I FOUND at wrx is that most everyone seems like an expert....and opinions are pretty biased.  That led me on a search to find more unbiased opinions... and then I found MGS.  

I'm a huge fan of Consumer Reports and their mission to provide unbiased, uninfluenced, truly independent test results.  Take that mission, add in all things golf and I was SOLD!

I do have to say however, that the blog and the forum are separate entities.  It would be nice if they were a bit more tightly coupled to encourage more people to join the forums.  I realize there is a link at the top of the page "FORUMS" but other than that, you don't realize there is a whole community of people out there ready for your questions/comments/concerns.

• Like 6

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Based on post counts from some of the people in the Cobra F7 sign-up thread, my guess is a lot of people's answer is

"to get free stuff"

• Like 8

CC5 sig.png

Came here after reading a review on the driver I was considering (still in my bag- review here: https://www.mygolfspy.com/cobra-fly-z-fly-z-plus-fly-z-xl-drivers/) Browsed the forum and enjoyed the friendly folks who frequent the site and have stayed because being a golf noob, it's nice to soak up as much info as possible. Like everyone else, I saw the reviews and figured what the hech, seems like a pretty cool place. 

Almost to my year anniversary of joining, which was the time I determined I was taking up golf seriously.

• Like 4

Based on the Cobra F7 sign-up thread, my guess is a lot of people's answer is

"to get free stuff"

Nothing like a Testing opportunity to bring out the first time posters.   Hopefully some will stick around and join the great conversation and other things that take place here.   I know most won't but if a few do, then that's pretty good!!

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12