Is your course open or closed?

Our Sponsors

My course is open but unfortunately the Army kicked us retired folks off post for fear we will spread the virus. Ironically the day after I was told we could no longer access the golf course I received a request from the Army asking me to come out of retirement to help with the healthcare mission. Duty calls even for us old broken Soldiers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still closed.  It's a 1906 Donald Ross course.  In the early 2000s , it closed for two seasons to mitigate drainage issues and for complete historical restoration. Let's hope it's not a

Just heard our course is opening shortly. There are several provisions: No tee box markers, ball washers or pins. Booking only via online system or phone call. No Club carts available, however, m

My course is open but unfortunately the Army kicked us retired folks off post for fear we will spread the virus. Ironically the day after I was told we could no longer access the golf course I recei

Posted Images

The provincial government in Alberta has closed all non essential services as of Friday. The pro shops were open for membership and merchandise sales up until then. We have snow still so we were 4-6 weeks away most likely from golf. Hopefully this lock down will help “flatten the curve” and get life back to some sort of normalcy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Here in Tasmania our courses are all still open to the best of my knowledge. My home course, Seabrook G C, is open with a limit of 2 players per group. You fill in and sign your own card, announcing your score to your playing partner after each hole. Competition payment is card only, no cash. We only have a few carts but as most places a limit of 1 person per cart. Holes still at normal depth but pins removed and holes close to the centre of all greens. 

Happy and safe play to all.

• Like 3

Hi all, a quick update on my post a couple of hours ago, I have just received an email saying that Golf Australia has recommended closing all golf courses for a minimum of 4 weeks so there goes that game i was going to have tomorrow.

Again keep safe everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Mick Close said:

Hi all, a quick update on my post a couple of hours ago, I have just received an email saying that Golf Australia has recommended closing all golf courses for a minimum of 4 weeks so there goes that game i was going to have tomorrow.

Again keep safe everyone. 

Sorry to hear that!  Stay safe!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

Still closed. 

It's a 1906 Donald Ross course. 

In the early 2000s , it closed for two seasons to mitigate drainage issues and for complete historical restoration.

Let's hope it's not as long this time.

I can't play anymore, but I still enjoy the club...you know, lunch or drinks with the guys, playing cards, dinner with my wife and friends, stuff like that.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, silver & black said:

I got an e mail this morning that said my course was reopened and will be doing business starting today. I didn't know they were closed. They were open 5 days ago. I hope they stay open, but I won't hold my breath.

I just posted this email on the Northeast Ohio thread - guess there was some confusion by the State along with the Golf Courses. 

Date:         March 30, 2020

To:             Members of the TDGA Golfing Community

Subject:    COVID-19 Update 

Good Morning from the TDGA,

It's been a turbulent week for the golf industry not only in Ohio, but all over the world. As you probably know, on March 28, 2020 the Ohio Health Department mandated that all golf courses close. This message came to us just a day after Dr. Amy Akton indicated that it was OK to play golf. Then on March 29. 2020, the Health Department reversed itself and now says courses may open.

If you play, please follow social distancing practices as outlined in the Ohio Stay at Home order. Please do not gather around picnic tables or in the parking lot for post round get togethers. Please do your part to contain the spread of this very deadly disease.

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just heard our course is opening shortly. There are several provisions:

No tee box markers, ball washers or pins. Booking only via online system or phone call. No Club carts available, however, members may use their private carts 1 to a cart except for immediate family members where 2 per cart would be allowed. After being self-isolated for 2 weeks, I'll be a very happy camper when it opens - there's just so much chipping in the backyard that you can do. . 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My course is still open (near Atlanta, GA), but everything inside the clubhouse has shut down. You can still order take out food, but locker room, bag storage, etc. is understandably closed. Like most, the course is walking only or 1 person per cart. As of a few days ago, that even includes people that live in the same house as you. I was going to go play nine holes with my sons the other day, and we were told that we couldn't ride in a cart together. While that didn't make a lot of since to me, I am very thankful that our course is staying open. My boys are too young to walk nine holes, but we have a short course that we were still able to play on. 

• Like 1

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

We are closed, but that is not unusual for this time of year here. We were going to open, but the state has ordered all courses to stay closed.

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 16.5 / 10.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TS3H 23°

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T

In Virginia the Governor just announced a stay-at-home order extending into June (unless rescinded).  However, I've read the order, and we are still allowed to leave the house for "exercise", and businesses that were allowed to remain open previously are still allowed to remain open, subject to some restrictions.  Well, the course was allowed to be open after the previous Executive Order, and golf remains exercise, so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to continue playing.  I'll try to update this once I get confirmation from the club.

• Like 3

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 3/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, tony@CIC said:

The counties in Ohio can override that. There are counties in northeast and southwest Ohio that have deemed courses non essential and closed them until further notice.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, have been getting emails today about several courses here in Central Ohio that are opening this week.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

In Virginia the Governor just announced a stay-at-home order extending into June (unless rescinded).  However, I've read the order, and we are still allowed to leave the house for "exercise", and businesses that were allowed to remain open previously are still allowed to remain open, subject to some restrictions.  Well, the course was allowed to be open after the previous Executive Order, and golf remains exercise, so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to continue playing.  I'll try to update this once I get confirmation from the club.

Wow until June!  I'm itching to hit some balls here in Michigan.  Only a few warm days so far and I wish I would have taken advantage of them when I had the chance.

:ping-small:   :taylormade-small:   :srixon-small:   :cleveland-small:   :wilson_staff_small:   :OnCore:
'16 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Srixon F65 4W 17*
Ping G Crossover 18*
Ping G Crossover 24*
Taylormade RSI2 6-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
Cleveland Zipcore 56*
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Oncore Elixr

... I posted this in the Corona 19 thread but it probably applies even more here:

I post this for reference, not politics. For those wondering if you are gonna be forced to follow a Stay At Home order and whether or not your course will be open, take a look at your states Governor. 22 of 24 states with Democrats have issued a SAH. 9 of 26 states with Republicans have issued a SAH. While not all SAH states have declared golf courses non essential, your governor will have the biggest say in whether you can play golf. 

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Emails are coming in from my local courses saying they are open.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Emails are coming in from my local courses saying they are open.  

Same. We’re in the 50’s this week and for the foreseeable future. I’d expect to see a good amount of play.
  • Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Hello again everyone, after Golf Australia recommending all Australian course to close, and therefore my course Seabrook G C closing last night, I have just received another email saying that the Tasmanian Premier (= USA Governor) said that he regarded golf as excellent exercise and therefore as long as people only play in pairs and respect all other social distancing practices golf is fine. This means that my course re opens tomorrow. Unfortunately I go back to work for 7 days as of tomorrow so missed my game this time. I can only hope that the message is the same in a week's time.🤔

Not sure what other courses in Tasmania are doing at this point. Hopefully having a game in a week!

• Like 1

Our course is still open as is the rest in our county. One person per cart except couples who live in the same household. Leave the pin in and if close to the pin pick up and count one stroke. The pro shop is open, but the restaurant is closed. If you are in the sand trap you can take it out and drop no closer to the hole. No rakes in the bunker. That being said my wife and I came out Monday and there was only 3 people on the driving range and no one on the first tee. No more than 3 groups on the course. Never seen that here before. People must be staying at home. 

22 hours ago, mcmarsico said:

My course is still open (near Atlanta, GA), but everything inside the clubhouse has shut down. You can still order take out food, but locker room, bag storage, etc. is understandably closed. Like most, the course is walking only or 1 person per cart. As of a few days ago, that even includes people that live in the same house as you. I was going to go play nine holes with my sons the other day, and we were told that we couldn't ride in a cart together. While that didn't make a lot of since to me, I am very thankful that our course is staying open. My boys are too young to walk nine holes, but we have a short course that we were still able to play on. 

I too am very thankful our course is open.  I don't know what I would do if it wasn't.  My best friend lives in MD (just across the DE/MD line) and he is not allowed to come into the state and play.  His course is closed so I guess it's my time to get better than him!!!

• Haha 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

The public courses in Fort Collins, CO are closed.  I am not sure about some of the private courses.  I believe Fort Collins Country Club is open to walkers or those who own their own carts with facilities closed.  I am not sure about the other private clubs.