The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 minute ago, Cfhandyman said:

Back from my fitting at TXG (Tour Experience Golf – Club Champion Canada) with the man himself, Ian Fraser.  All I can say is what an awesome and thoroughly fun experience.  He really knows his stuff.  Incredibly knowledgeable.  I learned so much.  Best fitting experience I've had so far.  It didn't just meet expectations, it far exceeded them.

IMG_3095.jpg.4fc5fc2f1f919ecab2c9f056dfde7dc9.jpg

A few observations, in Canada, Tour Experience Golf (TXG), is now rebranded as Club Champion Canada. While the name on the door has changed, everything else from the staff, Foresight launch monitors, Quintic putting monitor, shaft matrix, build shop all remain the same.  Ian Fraser is the GM of the Canadian operations.  Mike Martysiewicz is the Director of Club building and fitting.  Ian and the quality and excellence of his staff remain consistently superb. I know exactly what to expect and what I’m getting when I come to them.  A very very happy customer.

Gonna need to see the selfie with you and Ian @Cfhandyman!  Such a cool experience!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Good morning fellow spies and happy post Masters Monday. What a performance Scottie put on yesterday to run away with the championship. Truly in the midst of witnessing greatness in the game of golf. He has been on an absolute tear and if it continues I could realistically see him challenging for a handful more victories this year. Absolutely incredible.

Had another article post to the main site today with some different strength exercises to add to your routine to boost your performance on the golf course! Would appreciate if you gave it a read and comment!

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/golf-performance-training-strongerfasterlonger/

Have a great day!

Nice read Jason! This is an area of my game that needs some serious attention, and these exercises appear to be an easy transition into a good routine.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Kenny, I tend to suffer from white coat syndrome whenever I get my pressure taken, I was sitting in the waiting room at the clinic for at least 20 minutes and I'm the room for another 10 and it still came back as high. It's currently sitting at 131/85 as I'm sitting here with the dogs on my lap. 

I'm glad to hear it doesn't go up much for you when you're exercising, I was told it would raise it quite a bit and I'm really wanting to get out and start walking or something to get some exercise. I mean, we have a pretty big golf trip coming up and it's bad enough y'all are going to see my limping around after getting off my feet for a while. I want to be in decent enough shape to not be breathing to heavily walking up hills. 

I think that white coat syndrome is what I have.  I’ve never really had much of a problem before my heart attack; my primary care visits were always around 130/80.  It was high while I was in the hospital, and it never really came down to pre-hospital levels.  My heart doc is still trying to find a suitable cocktail.  My BP is 120/75 in the morning when I get up and when I go to bed.  Mid-morning it goes up to a high of 140/90.  

Getting out and walking after meals is the best time for BP and blood sugar.  I hear you about getting in shape; well, better shape… round is a shape, but not the one I prefer.  Lost a bunch of weight a couple of years ago, but I have plateaued and can’t seem to get the rest off me!  Don’t wait!!  It gets harder the longer you put it off and older you get.  I need to change up a few things before our trip to Kingsmill.  Not sure if I’ll survive hot and humid; I like hot and dry!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”