Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, Bang60 said:

Did you have a cover on your putter?

I’m passing on playing in snow lol 😂 

I do, but when it is this cold I just want to play and not fool around with it!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

Made it thru 9 in the rain this morning, too cold and too wet… why am I so stupid sometimes…?

Your not the Lone Ranger lol, I wish I could play more in bad weather lol…

been there done that…

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I do, but when it is this cold I just want to play and not fool around with it!

So that’s a no then 😂 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So that was interesting... 

I had a great round. No doubles, no birdies just a par and bogey fest today. However it was bloody cold! 32 degrees winds around 15 mph or more and well after the 6th hole it started to snow. 

I think I told myself at least twice a hole, what are you doing? Why are you out here?

However I was putting the PXG 0211 in play for the first time and ... well more on that in another thread. I was also striking my irons great. So pure... which gave me another thought. Maybe the key to my toe strikes is playing in miserable conditions, where the weather is so cold that a missed strike will cause so much pain I would want to quit... but in all seriousness I think I misstruck 2 irons the whole time. I found a swing and rhythm that just worked. In part because of being I was playing alone and could just play and not have to wait for groups or anything. 

It all just clicked... except for putting. The putter went ice cold... and I actually mean ice cold. 
PXL_20230227_134720495.jpg

Ice actually froze onto the putter. 

It was actually a lot of fun and such a nice change from the awful toe strikes I had been struggling with. Thanks to a bit of a side suggestion from @GolfSub70 about length. I simply really went to the tip tip to of the grip and it seemed to click. Also because I was wearing about 8 layers I couldn't go on a huge back swing and think this also helped. 

Either way a fun cold round in the snow... silly Jamie. 

Sounds like you had a good round and made the best of some extreme conditions. I don't think I've ever played a round where ice formed on any club and have to tip my cap to you for braving those conditions. 

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Kind of like me yesterday.   Wasn't raining and I didn't think it was that cold before I started but it was in the mid 40s, no sun, and 15 MPH winds.  By the third hole my fingers were numb and the course was playing slow.  3 hours to play 9 and I was miserable so I went home.  

Woulda done the same thing

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Either way a fun cold round in the snow... silly Jamie. 

I actually used to practice in the snow when I lived in Connecticut. It is the easiest way to see your club path. After the swing just look down at the path left in the snow. Its best with about an inch of snow. Take a swing look down. Kick some more snow on or move. Rinse and repeat.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yup!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Either way a fun cold round in the snow... silly Jamie. 

I actually used to practice in the snow when I lived in Connecticut. It is the easiest way to see your club path. After the swing just look down at the path left in the snow. Its best with about an inch of snow. Take a swing look down. Kick some more snow on or move. Rinse and repeat.

Used to do the same thing when we lived in PA. We turned the golf course into a snowmobile park during the winter and make a few dozen snowballs and practiced. Played a lot of snow golf too

Edited by Merlin1313

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So that was interesting... 

I had a great round. No doubles, no birdies just a par and bogey fest today. However it was bloody cold! 32 degrees winds around 15 mph or more and well after the 6th hole it started to snow. 

I think I told myself at least twice a hole, what are you doing? Why are you out here?

However I was putting the PXG 0211 in play for the first time and ... well more on that in another thread. I was also striking my irons great. So pure... which gave me another thought. Maybe the key to my toe strikes is playing in miserable conditions, where the weather is so cold that a missed strike will cause so much pain I would want to quit... but in all seriousness I think I misstruck 2 irons the whole time. I found a swing and rhythm that just worked. In part because of being I was playing alone and could just play and not have to wait for groups or anything. 

It all just clicked... except for putting. The putter went ice cold... and I actually mean ice cold. 
PXL_20230227_134720495.jpg

Ice actually froze onto the putter. 

It was actually a lot of fun and such a nice change from the awful toe strikes I had been struggling with. Thanks to a bit of a side suggestion from @GolfSub70 about length. I simply really went to the tip tip to of the grip and it seemed to click. Also because I was wearing about 8 layers I couldn't go on a huge back swing and think this also helped. 

Either way a fun cold round in the snow... silly Jamie. 

Fun under those conditions has a much different meaning for you and me... probably attributed to our age difference.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tuesday Exec 65* partly cloudy.  Greens were actually pretty good, last time at this course they were bumpy and sparse.   
Bogied 1st hole hole then settled down until 9th where I blew up and hit a ball into the pond so a double.  Ended up +3 so no horrible.  Lajosi putter has been really working it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Fun under those conditions has a much different meaning for you and me... probably attributed to our age difference.  😂

... Amen. Tomorrow is March 1st and normally in the upper 70's to mid 80's. But the forecast is 57*, rainy and 17mph winds. Thursday our tee time is 2pm and forecast is 54* with 7 mph winds. This is the Valley of the SUN?!?!  🙄

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Twenty more days until spring equinox, getting close, so close the gear is slowly but surely escaping the basement finding freedom closer to the garage door. 

Edited by MacTourney

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

Kind of like me yesterday.   Wasn't raining and I didn't think it was that cold before I started but it was in the mid 40s, no sun, and 15 MPH winds.  By the third hole my fingers were numb and the course was playing slow.  3 hours to play 9 and I was miserable so I went home.  

17 hours ago, Lacassem said:

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yup!

I do the same thing when it's 80º and sunny, and I have left after 6 holes and 2 hours because the 7th green is near the clubhouse.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Amen. Tomorrow is March 1st and normally in the upper 70's to mid 80's. But the forecast is 57*, rainy and 17mph winds. Thursday our tee time is 2pm and forecast is 54* with 7 mph winds. This is the Valley of the SUN?!?!  🙄

So... hasn't changed much since I was there a month ago.  Sad.

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So... hasn't changed much since I was there a month ago.  Sad.

... We have had quite a few mid 60's and a couple low 70's which is still well below the average February temps but a couple upper 50's too. These next 3 days are just off the charts unusual. Funny it was 77* for the Super Bowl and everyone thought Phoenix is always just so nice in the winter. It was the last 3 winters but this one has been brutal. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I do the same thing when it's 80º and sunny, and I have left after 6 holes and 2 hours because the 7th green is near the clubhouse.

I used to not care to much but time is important lol. I finished 18 the other day and it was cold/windy and it was about 4:45, too long for me. I dont mind sitting in the clubhouse or something after a round but I want the round done in 4. I can walk 18 easily in 2:30 by myself, I love that.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

50 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

image.png

Was a little brisk!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I got two pars, blobbed 4 holes and got a stableford of 29 (still early days playing 😁). Was really happy as the pars were on a 5 and a 3. 

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

35 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Was a little brisk!

It even looks cold 🥶 

Rick

Left Hand, 

I finally got to play today for the first time in a while. I was very happy with how I played overall, No birds, but a bunch of pars. I shot 43-43-86 with a triple on the front and the back. 
Both were from the middle of the fairway, one on a par 5 when what I thought was a perfect PW came up 15yds short into the wind plugged in a bunker from where hilarity ensued, and a shank on a par 4🥹 that ended up in jail at the base of a bush. I tried to hit it out right handed with my 8, and ended up in just as bad a spot about 5 yards away. Took a unplayable and… ugh.

All in all though I hit the ball pretty well and made a few bucks in shop credit. It was also great to see my buds for the first time in over a month. I’m not much of a drinker, but today I stayed a little later than usual afterwards, and had a couple of scotches (maybe one too many) but what the heck!

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

Have been working the past 2 weeks with an altered setup process to ingrain better and more consistent ball contact (irons and hybrid) and better spine tilt.  Last couple of range sessions were very good.  Played 9 today under sunny 79* skies.  End result finished feeling a combination of disappointment and some disgust.  More to do with putting. I have to describe each hole as therapy to get this out of my system.  The mishits I describe are just part of the improvement process as I had some very good shots and do feel some progress.

Hole 1 - Excellent drive.  Second shot, 7i, uphill. Very slight mishit/thin and short.  Good pitch 6’ from hole and putt lipped out. #1 hdcp hole, and a bogey isn’t a bad score for me.  Bogey.

Hole 2 - Good high drive down right side with slight fade. Only drive not in the fairway and 6’ in rough.  Hit PW, exactly where I aimed with very good contact and landed 10’ left of hole.  Good putt leaving a tap in.  Par.

Hole 3 - 114 yd Par 3.  Hit PW 6’ past hole.  Touchy downhill birdie putt a few inches to the right.  Par and feeling good.

Hole 4 - Good long drive.  140 yd uphill second shot.  I used to carry that with an 8i, but accepting that I now carry my 7i about 143.  Hit the 7 slightly thin, but straight but hit through right side of green.  Ended up 10’ to the right of green in the rough on side of a hill.  This hole cpo.  When I am near the green, I always grab 3 clubs -set SW, 58* low bounce and putter.  Got to my ball and from previous experience, not the lie or turf conditions for the 58. Dropped my 58 and putter, started to take my stance and realized I had my wife’s 60* MD/regular bounce.  Oh well - how did it get in my bag? I had to clear 10’ rough, then 3’ fringe, then the green slopes down and 8’ to hole.  Decent first ever hit with her 60* but landed on the fringe, 1’ from the green and stopped.  My normal 54* SW probably feeds close to the hole, but ok.  Bogey.

Hole 5 - Par 5.  Very good drive.  Hit my 4h with good contact for the second.  125 yds to the pin.  Good contact with the 9i, 20’ left of hole.  Exact same putt as a couple weeks ago, slight left to right, slight uphill.  Hit a nice line….but…didn’t walk 360* and forgot that it then feeds downhill just after the hole.  Left with an 8’ putt past the hole.  Total mental mistake for bogey.

Hole 6 - Great drive.  Another slight mishit approach with 7i, but straight.  Seemed to hit something (branch/twig?) and deflect and made a left hand turn into green side bunker. Bunker shot went slightly right onto fringe below the hole.  Chip from fringe looked like it was in, but lipped out.  Putt for Bogey.

Hole 7 - Par 5. Very good drive.  Very good second shot with 4h.  Approach shot with 7i.  Good contact but just left of green.  Not really sure what happened as I thought I was on the green.  I was aiming toward left edge as it feeds down to pin, then water on the right. Chip then tap in. Par.

Hole 8 - Par 3 115 yds.  A 9i on this hole is often too much. Tee shot went about 107 yds leaving 25’ uphill. Maybe need to work on choking down on the 9.  Have had this putt before and struggle to get to the hole.  Again, 6’ short ( I hit it hard).  Then Another lip out. Bogey.

Hole 9 - Par 5 - front 9 is par 37.  Very good drive.  Very good 4h.  8i approach.  Another slightly thin that hit the front of the green, rolled, then rolled over a ridge to the back.  Pin as near where I carried.  40’ putt up hill, then slide slope down.  Didn’t putt high enough up the ridge, ball ended 8’ below the hole.  2 more putts, bogey. 

I used to be unhappy with a 46 and happy with 43. Disgusted with this 43.  But playing it again tomorrow. I’ve been working on the putting but #5, #8 and 9 just left me burning. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

I played today for the first time in four months, and I've only had one range session in that time. Shot 38-45=83. To be honest, going in I would have accepted 45-45, but that 38 set my expectations high. If my wedges were anywhere near my normal game I would have broken 80. I'm taking this as a positive indicator for the coming season.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

7:45 Tee Time with the Wednesday group.  This is the serious group I play with weekly and it’s a lot of fun, we’ve been playing together for 5years +.  I’ll keep it simple it’s BT, FM1, FM2 and me.  BT is the long hitter, FM1& FM2 are the steady decent 70+ year old players, just kids.
Nice morning, 75* little breeze doesn’t get better than this on March 1st.  BT had tough morning FM1 was inconsistent on the green where FM2 was hanging in there and me I had a good morning.  I shot a front  9 +2, 38.  Could have been lower but putting could have been better. 

Rick

Left Hand,