MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

81 (39/42), finished the last four holes bogey, double, birdie, double. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great that your out playing!
We have a 7:30 Tee Time Monday and rumors are swirling about closing. I believe as long as everyone follows the rules we should be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

22 minutes ago, PMookie said:

81 (39/42), finished the last four holes bogey, double, birdie, double. Ugh!

I that with the borrowed shaft in your Honma driver?

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I that with the borrowed shaft in your Honma driver?

Yep. Same specs, though.

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

36 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yep. Same specs, though.

Tell the rep you are going to keep that shaft and he can have the new one he ordered

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

We had 31 players today for our Saturday points game. I shot a 38/46:84 , yeah I really screwed the pooch on the back nine today....but finished with a 10’ uphill putt for bogie on last hole. Had 2 birdies on the front with one holding for a Skin. Payouts are made the following week during registration.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

We had 31 players today for our Saturday points game. I shot a 38/46:84 , yeah I really screwed the pooch on the back nine today....but finished with a 10’ uphill putt for bogie on last hole. Had 2 birdies on the front with one holding for a Skin. Payouts are made the following week during registration.

That’s a lot of guys showing up. We’re getting a fraction of the guys.
One of our players is an older semi retired Doctor who sent out a “you’re going to get sick” email and scared the c$$$ out of a lot of guys, even rattled me a bit.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Played today, started out as 5 but one dropped after nine....

Shot 42/43:85 with back-to-back birdies on Par 4 #7 and Par 5 #8.

Wow! That’s 4 birdies in two days!....Smokin!

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Played today, started out as 5 but one dropped after nine....

Shot 42/43:85 with back-to-back birdies on Par 4 #7 and Par 5 #8.

Wow! That’s 4 birdies in two days!....Smokin!

Ready for Senior Tour when it starts again

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Ready for Senior Tour when it starts again

Nope, just trying to figure out what works best in the bag so I can break 80 again!

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 4

Nope, just trying to figure out what works best in the bag so I can break 80 again!

Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Happy to see you playing well. I’ve got a 7:30 Tee Time tomorrow on a tough track. Very narrow for FL and LOTS of water.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Lousy round yesterday, 42/46.  We were irritated after hearing about/seeing the folks from CA driving over to play and that dominated our discussion 😡.  Also, watching the course crew using bottles of clorox/water solution to spray and wipe down the carts is not a great start to ones round.  Of course, hitting two cart paths on two approach shots, one going OB and the other into an Oleander shrub didn't help the scoring 😒.  The three of us were in seperate carts and the whole feel of the round just felt wonky.  If word gets out that the AZ courses are drawing folks in from other states, to scratch their golf itch, I fully expect they may close them down. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Lousy round yesterday, 42/46.  We were irritated after hearing about/seeing the folks from CA driving over to play and that dominated our discussion .  Also, watching the course crew using bottles of clorox/water solution to spray and wipe down the carts is not a great start to ones round.  Of course, hitting two cart paths on two approach shots, one going OB and the other into an Oleander shrub didn't help the scoring .  The three of us were in seperate carts and the whole feel of the round just felt wonky.  If word gets out that the AZ courses are drawing folks in from other states, to scratch their golf itch, I fully expect they may close them down. 

The separate cart thing is a bit weird and sometimes awkward but if it keeps this crud from spreading I’m good w it.
42 on front not bad

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Got in my last round at my club for about a week or so due to the greens getting punched starting tomorrow. Played the front in -2 and the back in even for a -2 69. Swing feels pretty good and making some putts is certainly welcome and helping the score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

A pretty ordinary front 9 45 with 16 putts. It was cold, for me, at 51° with gusting breezes. I only played 9 because I waited on every single shot due to the two jokers in front of me. Hit it 100 off the tee and then wait for the green to clear before they hit their second shot, then their 3rd, 4th and even 5th to get to the green. It was like the Bataan death march and it gave me the 💩 so I left after I walked off 9.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

A pretty ordinary front 9 45 with 16 putts. It was cold, for me, at 51° with gusting breezes. I only played 9 because I waited on every single shot due to the two jokers in front of me. Hit it 100 off the tee and then wait for the green to clear before they hit their second shot, then their 3rd, 4th and even 5th to get to the green. It was like the Bataan death march and it gave me the 💩 so I left after I walked off 9.

That's frustrating. It not only throws off your momentum and  (at least for me) ticks me off so I don;t play as well. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

@MattF that's unfortunate, you would've thought they would've let you play thru.  I'm with @tony@CIC it's very frustrating to have to wait on every hole...especially during these times when courses that are open aren't allowing any more than 2 per hole...at least that's what I've read.

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

1 minute ago, M. Parsons said:

@MattF that's unfortunate, you would've thought they would've let you play thru.  I'm with @tony@CIC it's very frustrating to have to wait on every hole...especially during these times when courses that are open aren't allowing any more than 2 per hole...at least that's what I've read.

On our course, which is private, we can have foursomes - but if you're using a personal cart (the only ones allowed) only one person per cart unless it's a family member. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

3 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

I would've run into the foursome in front of them that they were waiting for, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, MattF said:

In those situations, when I'm not getting pushed from behind, I will start playing two balls in attempt to even up the pace.  Sometimes from the tee and sometimes a second ball from wherever the drive went. I actually do this alot back home in MT and it works great.  

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter