Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Breaking: CUSTOM LASER ENGRAVING part of the 3 BIG Things coming to BestGrips

BestGrips.com

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a carbon fiber weave (or CF style) grip, look at the file name. The white CF weave would look siiiiiiiick on a UST Frequency filter.

Props to Rookie for his sleuth skills and finalist for his attention to detail!

Also, a big thanks to Dan Mann, international designer and clothier, for the photo filter.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Please tell me you're gonna have multiple colors available. And an additional please to tell me Tiffany/robin egg blue will be one of them.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Please tell me you're gonna have multiple colors available. And an additional please to tell me Tiffany/robin egg blue will be one of them.

Not going to get any other info out of me about it. You'll have to wait until next week! 

I will say that there is one feature that this grip(s) will have that blows similar grips out of the water.

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

You're a true spy Rookie! I'd never have thought if that.

Don't let his username fool you! He's a pro!

I actually ran the pic through some photoshop color level controls and saw the fiber pattern. I can even read the Genuine Leather text on the last when I blow out the color contrast, but carbon patterns are obvious in bottom of the pic.

How's feel and what colors are available? It looks nice and thin!

I spy with my little eye something...

That grip looks Sick !!!!  Interesting to see if there is any texture to that grip.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Carbon weave sure looks interesting, and has got my attention. It's all about the feel and tackiness. How long have these been under testing and what results have you found for durability?  Not sure about a set of irons or woods in White as it would look good for the first round but then from there it would never look White again, but NEW I'm sure they're a thing of beauty. Now to see what colors will be offered and how they perform will be next on the agenda. just from that small obscure pic the material sure looks intriguing, can't wait for more reveal....

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

it would look good for the first round but then from there it would never look White again

This is the problem with white leather and rubber grips and leather and vinyl headcovers!

How long have these been under testing and what results have you found for durability? 

I tried it out on his putter in Canada in June.  But honestly, 67*, sunny, low humidity, perfect conditions, they look nice and feel nice BUT???  Come on, they are expensive.

Add heat, humidity, sweat, rain, dirt, wind or as I found out this morning cold, or any combination and these grips begin to show their worth.  

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I tried it out on his putter in Canada in June.  But honestly, 67*, sunny, low humidity, perfect conditions, they look nice and feel nice BUT???  Come on, they are expensive.

Add heat, humidity, sweat, rain, dirt, wind or as I found out this morning cold, or any combination and these grips begin to show their worth.  

The important thing to remember is that tack and color are at two ends of the spectrum. To have 100% color (bright colors) you have to have 0% tack. But considering I've never felt a rubber grip that didn't get as slippery as a used car dealer, I think the slippage issue is a non issue with putter grips. 

I think the slippage issue is a non issue with putter grips. 

If you are swinging your putter hard enough to where grip is an issue.  You may have other issues with you game. :lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

If you are swinging your putter hard enough to where grip is an issue.  You may have other issues with you game. :lol:

I'm thinking of that old gorilla joke where the gorilla hits everything, including the putter, 300 yards. Good times!  :lol:

Nope, he hits his putter 300. Video with Garu McCord is out there

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What's a "sadlowski?"

What's a "sadlowski?"

An male of average height and weight that possesses incredible club head speed lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

An male of average height and weight that possesses incredible club head speed lol

Ok. He's gotta be one of those freak of nature long drive guys. Those guys have a lot of talent.

Ok. He's gotta be one of those freak of nature long drive guys. Those guys have a lot of talent.

5'9" and 165 lbs and 2 time champ and busting it over 400 this year in the contest. Through 16 balls he'd averaged. 375+.

In The Bag

5'9" and 165 lbs and 2 time champ and busting it over 400 this year in the contest. Through 16 balls he'd averaged. 375+.

Wow. That's a lot of swing speed!

Are you making fun of me?

Absolutely not! If I remember correctly, your pace was right on and you even left a few putts short! haha

This is the week! Be on the look out! I just got word that the really big news may be coming this week, as well!

This is the week! Be on the look out! I just got word that the really big news may be coming this week, as well!

I cant contain my excitement!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I played golf with Zach 2 weeks ago and then was shown all these new things while receiving excellent customer service in replacing a grip with a warranty issue. (I was even offered a couple of possible replacements that were far more expensive and exotic than my original putter grip. By the way, my first 9 holes with my new grip resulted in a total of 12 putts.) they are sweet and the best part of the new grip he posted a picture of can't even be seen. Also, one of the new things he's got going is way cooler. However, as a good spy I will not be exposing the secrets that have been entrusted to me. Just know you are in for some treats!

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I played golf with Zach 2 weeks ago and then was shown all these new things while receiving excellent customer service in replacing a grip with a warranty issue. (I was even offered a couple of possible replacements that were far more expensive and exotic than my original putter grip. By the way, my first 9 holes with my new grip resulted in a total of 12 putts.) they are sweet and the best part of the new grip he posted a picture of can't even be seen. Also, one of the new things he's got going is way cooler. However, as a good spy I will not be exposing the secrets that have been entrusted to me. Just know you are in for some treats!

These are things I like to hear rickles!

Don't quote me, but you may see something tomorrow (this is secondhand info).

I cant contain my excitement!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I am excited that you are excited!

Thanks for the post Rickles. Customer service/satisfaction is my number one priority. It separates the men and women from the girls and boys in any business. 

Guess I know where I am getting my grip from when the putter from RP comes in.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Archived