Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

College Football

fozcycle

Only Oune? I'm confused. Is that French?

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

nah just some good old OU DNA

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

attachicon.gifHuskies.jpg

You Georgia guys kill me.. these are the True Dawgs..  wearing Purple and Gold.. 

Sorry, but I don't even know who the purple dogs are.   :D

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Yes the Hokies. My adopted home state. I just love it in Virginia.

- Alan

Got to have you down in SC for a Clemson game/round of golf, and put some pressure on Virginia

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Common practice these days for Wahoo's everywhere!   :lol:

Well, that happens when you require your athletes to actually be students. Hopefully, at some point, we will have a baseball or lacrosse thread.   Well, for lacrosse its good that Virginia borders Maryland.

To the best of my recollection, we have only won the ACC football championship once, and then we had to share the title with Florida State.   And some wondered why we drank so much.

Well, that happens when you require your athletes to actually be students. Hopefully, at some point, we will have a baseball or lacrosse thread.   Well, for lacrosse its good that Virginia borders Maryland.

To the best of my recollection, we have only won the ACC football championship once, and then we had to share the title with Florida State.   And some wondered why we drank so much.

I do have to point out something I witnessed two decades ago.  I grew up in the same county of Virginia as Oak Hill Academy.  Many of the basketball players would come to the county high school football games given Oak Hill doesn't have a football team.  One particular night at a football game, a legit rodeo guy decked out in his preferred dress was being heckled by Melvin Whitaker, who was the star at Oak Hill at the time.  Whitaker began taunting the rodeo guy to "sing us a song Garth Brooks".  The rodeo guy began singing "Much too Young to Feel This Dam Old" thus turning the joke around on Whitaker and attempting to diffuse the situation.  Whitaker took a swing at the rodeo guy who did the most amazing calf-roping take down I have ever seen on Whitaker completed by standing up and throwing his hands in the air like calf-ropers do. 

It was amazing.  For those who don't know Whitaker, I urge you to Google him.  He signed to play basketball at UVA but never saw the court after cutting a UVA football players face up with a boxcutter during a campus pick-up game. 

All in good humor!  

sixcat:

Trust me, I understand the humor.   Hokies and Wahoos are like siblings, we jab each other but are joined by and proud of our mutual Virginia heritage.    Oak Hill apparently failed in its mission with Whitaker.   It may have had some academic success but failed to change him as an individual.  He slipped through the cracks.  But again, whether one is a Hokie, a Wahoo or a member of the Tribe, we had the good fortune to attend excellent universities combined with the historical significance of Virginia in forming our nation.   UVA is and will always be Mr. Jefferson's university.

sixcat:

Trust me, I understand the humor.   Hokies and Wahoos are like siblings, we jab each other but are joined by and proud of our mutual Virginia heritage.    Oak Hill apparently failed in its mission with Whitaker.   It may have had some academic success but failed to change him as an individual.  He slipped through the cracks.  But again, whether one is a Hokie, a Wahoo or a member of the Tribe, we had the good fortune to attend excellent universities combined with the historical significance of Virginia in forming our nation.   UVA is and will always be Mr. Jefferson's university.

Whitaker would have been an issue for whatever university he chose.  That was never on UVA and I didn't mean to imply that it somehow may have been.  It did signal the end of the Jeff Jones era, however.  He was somewhat scapegoated in that situation although he was a very young coach at the time and wasn't equipped to handle a young man as troubled as Whitaker.

Oak Hill does a good job of changing public perception of all it's students, especially basketball players.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1996/05/21/for-troubled-teens-a-basketball-court-of-last-resort/ea67af0b-9a42-4975-a966-3fe80a861815/?utm_term=.8bcdc2844651

As for the state of Virginia, athletics are better across the board when UVA and VT are good.  A rising tide lifts all boats!  

Hopefully, the new football staff at UVA and baseball staff at VT can improve upon what they were left with.

As a Wahoo, let me express my thanks to Clemson for representing the ACC extremely well.  

Never in my life thought we would ever have a legitimately good football team.  Glad we could be of service. 

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

Never in my life thought we would ever have a legitimately good football team.  Glad we could be of service. 

On any given weekend, my two favorite teams are Virginia and whoever is playing Duke.   Being a realist, I know Virginia ain't gonna be champions, so Clemson keep it up.   Finally shut those SEC folks up.

I think we could fast become friends during football season.  South Carolina fans are some of the worst offenders of becoming the infamous "SEC fan" during football season. 

Gameday

Classic Bag

On any given weekend, my two favorite teams are Virginia and whoever is playing Duke.   Being a realist, I know Virginia ain't gonna be champions, so Clemson keep it up.   Finally shut those SEC folks up.

Meant to tag you on the last post.

Gameday

Classic Bag

McLaneOpeningDay_140831_4760.jpg

Here's where I spend my Saturdays...on a boat...sailgating on the Brazos. 

My school might be lead by some of the most selfish, daft, good-ol boys this side of the Mississippi but dangit it's hard not to like Matt Rhule. I'll be happy to be bowl eligible this year but we're getting some decent transfers to help out in 2018.  

Big 12...where they say we don't play defense...yet we held 5 of 6 bowl opponents below their season scoring average...hmmm...

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Go Georgia Bulldogs!

georgiabulldogs.png

Sic em Dawgs! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm excited to see if Penn State can play half as well as they did last year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Your lucky you do not run into the Fighting Illini this year. Ha joking of course.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I think we could fast become friends during football season.  South Carolina fans are some of the worst offenders of becoming the infamous "SEC fan" during football season. 

I have been to many rivalry games in my lifetime.  Georgia/Florida, Duke/UNC, UVA/VT, UNC/NC State, Kentucky/Tennessee, Nebraska/Oklahoma and Pitt/WVU just to name a few.

I have never experienced the level of vitriol I experienced in Columbia, South Carolina in 1993.  Clemson and South Carolina legitimately hate one another.  It was vicious!

I have been to many rivalry games in my lifetime. Georgia/Florida, Duke/UNC, UVA/VT, UNC/NC State, Kentucky/Tennessee, Nebraska/Oklahoma and Pitt/WVU just to name a few.

I have never experienced the level of vitriol I experienced in Columbia, South Carolina in 1993. Clemson and South Carolina legitimately hate one another. It was vicious!

Georgia vs Georgia Tech is known as good old fashion hate

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have been to many rivalry games in my lifetime.  Georgia/Florida, Duke/UNC, UVA/VT, UNC/NC State, Kentucky/Tennessee, Nebraska/Oklahoma and Pitt/WVU just to name a few.

I have never experienced the level of vitriol I experienced in Columbia, South Carolina in 1993.  Clemson and South Carolina legitimately hate one another.  It was vicious!

Any viciousness between UVA and VT would be after my tenure at Mr. Jefferson's university.  At the time, there was no VTech, it was VPI.  Plus knowing our football team, we would be too drunk to be vicious toward anybody.  

Now if one wants to discuss rivalries, I have a couple of golf buds one of whom went to Alabama the other to Michigan.  It was wise to avoid discussing Auburn and Ohio State in their presence.   

Any viciousness between UVA and VT would be after my tenure at Mr. Jefferson's university.  At the time, there was no VTech, it was VPI.  Plus knowing our football team, we would be too drunk to be vicious toward anybody.  

Now if one wants to discuss rivalries, I have a couple of golf buds one of whom went to Alabama the other to Michigan.  It was wise to avoid discussing Auburn and Ohio State in their presence.   

The UVA and VT rivalry is a far cry from any others on my makeshift list.  I've never experienced Ohio State Michigan or Auburn Alabama but can only imagine what it must be like.

Most VT and/or UVA graduates i know, interact with personally and professionally have a healthy respect for one another.  We talk a little smack but both are outstanding centers for higher education.  I think that's part and parcel with the Commonwealth raising you mentioned a few pages back.

To return the grace exhibited from every Wahoo in 2007..............#HoosTogether

Hope the city and surrounding communities heal!