Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

22 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My barber has been cash since she opened 8 years ago.  She had one chair when she opened now has 7.

So this is not stating that your barber does this, but this is a common thing in cities. It’s something that barbershops in cities do and I’m sure it happens outside of cities but the cash only helps when they are also selling drugs it helps bring in the money “clean.”

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

So this is not stating that your barber does this, but this is a common thing in cities. It’s something that barbershops in cities do and I’m sure it happens outside of cities but the cash only helps when they are also selling drugs it helps bring in the money “clean.”

Sure can see that happening.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

My barber has been cash since she opened 8 years ago.  She had one chair when she opened now has 7.

What is this barber person you guys talk about LOL? I have not set in a barber chair in 3 years now.

LOL my ex boss whom I was working for when I got hurt saw me the other day and he has the little stickler thing about hair. I never liked his attitude on that. One time he asked if I had forgotten the way to the barber shop. I told him no I was turning 2 trips a day and most barber shops here close at 4 PM and not open on Saturday. That is the beach for you. Anyhow he told Ops to only give me one trip the next day where I could get a hair cut. He saw me the other day at the store and asked if I had forgotten the way to the Barber Shop and the Bad Stu and retired Stu that does not give 2 rips took over. I told him frankly I did not give 2 rips what he thought because I did not work for him or anyone else anymore and I answered to only one person and that was to The Lord. I also added and this cut him to the quick between my disability and the generous insurance settlement I did not have to work for him or anyone else. Every one in the store laughed and one of my neighbors yelled "sic em Stuey". Guess I will not get invited to the annual golf tournament he sponsors this year. Do not care I will no longer be pushed around. And yes I will admit I am relishing in my old age retired do not give 2 hoots attitude

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

What is this barber person you guys talk about LOL? I have not set in a barber chair in 3 years now.

LOL my ex boss whom I was working for when I got hurt saw me the other day and he has the little stickler thing about hair. I never liked his attitude on that. One time he asked if I had forgotten the way to the barber shop. I told him no I was turning 2 trips a day and most barber shops here close at 4 PM and not open on Saturday. That is the beach for you. Anyhow he told Ops to only give me one trip the next day where I could get a hair cut. He saw me the other day at the store and asked if I had forgotten the way to the Barber Shop and the Bad Stu and retired Stu that does not give 2 rips took over. I told him frankly I did not give 2 rips what he thought because I did not work for him or anyone else anymore and I answered to only one person and that was to The Lord. I also added and this cut him to the quick between my disability and the generous insurance settlement I did not have to work for him or anyone else. Every one in the store laughed and one of my neighbors yelled "sic em Stuey". Guess I will not get invited to the annual golf tournament he sponsors this year. Do not care I will no longer be pushed around. And yes I will admit I am relishing in my old age retired do not give 2 hoots attitude

Love it!!!

The Barber, well she has a great “ personality” that results in return visits. I know some bald old guys that go every 2weeks. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I have also heard that about the old fashioned "candy stores" in big cities. One of my neighbors that I have know for the 21 years I have been here is a retired NYC cop and he tells some enteraining stories. One of his favorite statements is If someone decides to invade the USA via Myrtle beach we have enough retired NYC cops along with rednecks like me to hold off the invasion

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

I have also heard that about the old fashioned "candy stores" in big cities. One of my neighbors that I have know for the 21 years I have been here is a retired NYC cop and he tells some enteraining stories. One of his favorite statements is If someone decides to invade the USA via Myrtle beach we have enough retired NYC cops along with rednecks like me to hold off the invasion

Wouldn’t invade thru Central Florida either. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

My barber doesn't even take credit cards.  It's all cash and carry which is fine by me.  Hard to find a decent one now a days.

MDGolfHacker

Amen to that, When I started going to barber shops instead of great clips etc I could only find "trendy" barber shops with updated looks and all sorts of options and of course charging for all these extras. I was lucky enough to find a hole in the wall barber run by an older Italian gentleman that charges a $15 cash flat rate for whatever you need. great cut, great conversation, isn't trendy or flashy. Just a simple barber, and Mr. Gucciano has a customer for life. 

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

36 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Love it!!!

The Barber, well she has a great “ personality” that results in return visits. I know some bald old guys that go every 2weeks. 

So not like a Fonzie quote:  "If a chick is said to have a great personality, said chick should have a bag over her head"  ??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

All you guys paying to have your hair cut. Takes me 10 minutes on a Sunday morning with a set of cheap clippers.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

43 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So not like a Fonzie quote:  "If a chick is said to have a great personality, said chick should have a bag over her head"  ??

No not like Fonzie quote at all.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Had to have our Hot Water Heater Expansion Tank replaced today.  No big deal except the Tech asked if we could pay by check, Company prefers staying away from plastic and their charges at this time.  Took me by surprise.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My 1st Haircut in FL was in a freakin Flea  Market and the Clippers she was using were from Tractor Supply…   
Never went back except I had a craving for salads for couple days.

Rick

Left Hand, 

51 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My 1st Haircut in FL was in a freakin Flea  Market and the Clippers she was using were from Tractor Supply…   
Never went back except I had a craving for salads for couple days.

Do you stomp your foot when you count? 😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

14 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Do you stomp your foot when you count? 😂

No…….Hoof, but only lasted a month.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Good for you Stu, I mean there is a song about king haired country boys

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Love it!!!

Gotta love good personality 

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yea NYC is the same way with barber shops as well. If anyone invades it will be through New York, New Jersey or California and we all know why

1 hour ago, MattF said:

All you guys paying to have your hair cut. Takes me 10 minutes on a Sunday morning with a set of cheap clippers.

It saves me so much cutting my own hair

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Does that 10 include taking off and putting on the hat? Just askin 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

No that explains the crappy hat though he has to hide his bad haircut 😂😂😂 sorry @MattF

Good explanation for the hat. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Wouldn’t invade thru Central Florida either. 

Central Florida with the Retired Military, DEA, Homeland Security, Secret Service, CIA (they’re different) and every Police/County Sheriffs Org know to man. 
I’ve had peeks into their gun safes and impressive, very impressive.  
I’m sure MB is the same.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Does that 10 include taking off and putting on the hat? Just askin 😂

Maybe Hat stays on😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Yea NYC is the same way with barber shops as well. If anyone invades it will be through New York, New Jersey or California and we all know why

You can add Maryland to that list...the laws here are just 🤦‍♂️. Like a criminal is going to obey these laws...lol that's why they're called criminals...

As for cutting my own hair...I tried to go stubble short once with the hair without telling my wife.  She was not too pleased when I came home, LOL.  I heard about it for a few weeks until I grew my hair out a bit (good thing my hair grows back quickly in the summer).  Who would of thought that would be an issue, LOL

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 hours ago, MattF said:

It’s not just about a haircut but the environment, experience. 

I miss my old barbershop where is was as much a hangout and socialize place as it was a barbershop. I’ll pay for that atmosphere anyday 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Amen to that, When I started going to barber shops instead of great clips etc I could only find "trendy" barber shops with updated looks and all sorts of options and of course charging for all these extras. I was lucky enough to find a hole in the wall barber run by an older Italian gentleman that charges a $15 cash flat rate for whatever you need. great cut, great conversation, isn't trendy or flashy. Just a simple barber, and Mr. Gucciano has a customer for life. 

I actually found a barber that fits this description around 5-6 years ago. Everything went really well with him until early 2020 when the hair on top of my head was thinning to the point that he was forced into a “comb-over” in order to keep hair up there. He told me that if he were to cut it any shorter, I might as well just start shaving it. We had a great talk that day, I left him a very generous tip, thanked him for the honesty and great talks, and I started shaving my head about two weeks later. 😂

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Pfft. Only takes me 5.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Pfft. Only takes me 5.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that...

The less time the better. If I shave my head every 3-4 days it adds less than five minutes to my shower. I say be happy about it. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

My ticket window for the 2023 PGA Championship opened up today. Checking with my buddy on when we want to attend. 😃

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

I actually found a barber that fits this description around 5-6 years ago. Everything went really well with him until early 2020 when the hair on top of my head was thinning to the point that he was forced into a “comb-over” in order to keep hair up there. He told me that if he were to cut it any shorter, I might as well just start shaving it. We had a great talk that day, I left him a very generous tip, thanked him for the honesty and great talks, and I started shaving my head about two weeks later. 😂

This makes me think ... The less hair I have, should I ask for a discount?haha

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I miss my old barbershop where is was as much a hangout and socialize place as it was a barbershop. I’ll pay for that atmosphere anyday 

There was a very cool barber shop not too far from my house, but when lockdowns started .. I'm in NY .. even though barbers got an "essential service" exemption it killed their biz...

So I got a basic $20 trimmer which worked well for two years then burned out (rechargeable battery) .. then upgraded to a $30 plug-in model (Wahl) .. quick and easy and works great (or so I think - the wife says I should go see a real barber!).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I have another hair tidbit---- I sorta got a 3rd degree on the VFD and part of it had nothing to do with safety. Some of the redneck prudes had something to say even in those days when I wore it in a ponytail. I offered to quit then and there. Oh no they did not want that because at the time I was always around even during the day because I was running my shop at home. In fact I still have the plaque they gave me that year. I ran 198 out of 203 calls that year. I will admit I have singed it more than one time. I did start wearing what is called in racing circles a Baclava which in firefighting terms is now called a flash hood. This was long before OSHA made it mandantory in firefighting circles. I was real fire concious in racing. I felt I had the safest car fire wise on any track. At the time most of the safety stuff I had was straight out of the NASCAR rule book which is unusual for a dirt tracker. Had a full firesuit with Nomex Underwear and a full supression NASCAR approved Halon 121 system. Yeah I spent a lot of money for the time but I never would compromise on safety.

LOL darn near killed myself with the Halon one night--- Blew an engine and in a freak circumstance the oil pump kept pumping and dumped oil on a hot header and whoosh instant oil fire. Yeah I tripped the system. Halon as the firefighters on here knows displaces oxygen and I darn near smothered myself. It was also a case of overkill. I was running a smaller 4 cylinder car (Japanese Dodge Challenger) and my system was designed for a full sized NASCAR bodied car. I still had the tank refilled for the next week. I have not really kept up with racing per say in 20 years but I have heard they went to another gas now for that reason. I know my bud who was on the track safety team and was a professional firefighter gave me hell for a while. Thought it was funny. He was also a paramedic and knew what had happened that night. Used to tell people yeah I smothered the fire and darn near knocked myself out. The other guys on the safety team whom I knew well were all Volunteers and they gave me a ration. Said I had the fire put out before they got there. There was a running joke for about a month if they heard me check 10-8 then 10-23 go back home and go to bed the fire was out. Which was far from the truth. 

G