Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Pollie017

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged thoughts?

I’m going to test out the JPX 919 Forged this afternoon. A friend of mine owns an indoor Trackman facility and has the Tour, Forged, and Hot Metal. I won’t have to pay full retail.

I’m not a consistent enough ball striker to hit the Tour irons. While I play to a 4.4 index, my iron striking has always been my Achilles heel. It has come a long way and I’m probably striking my irons the best I have ever, but still need forgiveness. I’m coming off of Rogue Pro’s with ModusPro 125 S shafts. I love the forgiveness of the RP, while still being able to get feedback. Im not crazy about the spin. They are already a higher spin club and I’m a higher spin player (steeper angle of attack).

I’m not necessarily in the market for new irons, but my friend is offering me a pretty significant discount, so I figured I’d give them a whirl.

What should I expect? Will these heads promote a lower launch and lower spin? The clubs he has has KBS Tour 120s. I may play around in the fitting cart to hammer down the shaft if I like the look and the feel of the head.

Thanks in advance for any honest feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Lots of thoughts here.

Heads launch pretty high, but it will vary by individual.  Spin is lower, but it is expected with cavity back irons.

I'd say the Rogue Pros are lower spinning than the Forged. I'd expect more spin, less, distance, and less forgiveness from the Forged but the May perform differently for your swing. Good Luck!