Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2019 Maxfli Tour and Tour X Golf Balls

GolfSpy MPR

I recently purchased a dozen each of the Tour and Tour-X. I started at the top of this subject and started reading about the balls. To save time I honed in on Rev's comments as we're similar age and playing ability. After getting through about 6 pages where I read Rev's comments I skipped the rest as I am probably already convinced that the Tour will be a better choice for me also. This weekend I'll be playing at least 2 rounds so I may play the Tour one round and the X another and just see. Anyway... they sound like good balls.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

8 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I recently purchased a dozen each of the Tour and Tour-X. I started at the top of this subject and started reading about the balls. To save time I honed in on Rev's comments as we're similar age and playing ability. After getting through about 6 pages where I read Rev's comments I skipped the rest as I am probably already convinced that the Tour will be a better choice for me also. This weekend I'll be playing at least 2 rounds so I may play the Tour one round and the X another and just see. Anyway... they sound like good balls.

+1 ... I did the exact same... but didn't buy the X.  Beyond Rev there were also a number of other guys that preferred the Tour vs the X.  Seemed to be the most popular anyway.  Even though it's supposed to be mid to low 40's I'm hoping to be able to get out on Monday and give them a try.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

With the Matte Green on for 17.98 yesterday I thought about giving 3 dozen a try... But with just buying a bunch of last year's Bridgestone Tour BX I couldn't justify it

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

The tour is a good ball -from what I saw the x only performs for guys with very high SS. The tour is a great value IMO

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 months later...

I've been playing the Maxfli Tour ball for awhile now...well, since last year's MSG Ball Testing.  I have a bit of nostalgia for the brand since I played the Maxfli Blue Max back when I started playing golf.  Tells you about how old I am (76) haha.  I have to say this is one of the most underrated balls on the market, especially when you consider you can pick them up for as low as $17.50/doz. if you're patient and wait for Dick's BOGO sales.  I mean where can you find a urethane golf ball for that price, and the ball's performance is as good as any I've played

• 1 month later...

Interesting video from the guys at TXG dropped today. Numbers look great with the Maxfli, I was just not a fan of the overall feel during our ball test. Solid ball though!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

4 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Interesting video from the guys at TXG dropped today. Numbers look great with the Maxfli, I was just not a fan of the overall feel during our ball test. Solid ball though!

I saw that as well. I am still playing this ball since the testing and am playing some of my best golf ever. I'm hoping this video doesn't drive up demand since they are so easy to get on the cheap! 

My bag is a revolving door!

I saw that as well. I am still playing this ball since the testing and am playing some of my best golf ever. I'm hoping this video doesn't drive up demand since they are so easy to get on the cheap! 

That was my concern!! They perform very very well given the price!!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I agree that the Tour is a great ball at a tremendous price point.

My swing prefers the Pro VIx though and I was significantly longer with that ball than the Tour.

The Maxfli Tour x only seemed to work for our fastest swingers.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I agree that the Tour is a great ball at a tremendous price point.

My swing prefers the Pro VIx though and I was significantly longer with that ball than the Tour.

The Maxfli Tour x only seemed to work for our fastest swingers.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

36 minutes ago, revkev said:

My swing prefers the Pro VIx

... I don't know what my swing prefers Rev. Probably some rest. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

On 6/19/2020 at 12:51 PM, jddaigneault said:

Dicks had some even better sale prices on the Maxfli Tour & Tour X but haven't seen those offered recently ... maybe the word is getting out and moving price up?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

... I don't know what my swing prefers Rev. Probably some rest. LOL

:)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing some Maxfli Tours recently and I reeeally like it. I've never been very stingy about playing a single model, so I've hit quite a few. Bit of a jack of all trades and expert in none when it comes to familiarity to any specific ball, but the Tour actually kinda reminds me of a Bridgestone. When I'm in need for another dozen I think I'm gonna give the Tour-X a go. But I think the Tour might be my new gamer!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I've been playing some Maxfli Tours recently and I reeeally like it. I've never been very stingy about playing a single model, so I've hit quite a few. Bit of a jack of all trades and expert in none when it comes to familiarity to any specific ball, but the Tour actually kinda reminds me of a Bridgestone. When I'm in need for another dozen I think I'm gonna give the Tour-X a go. But I think the Tour might be my new gamer!

Unless you have a very high driver swing speed I would avoid the x and by an extra box of the regular Tour. Only the guys with tour like swing speeds did well with the x.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I found a Maxfli Tour CG the other day and thought I would give it a try. I've been playing ProV 1 for the last few months, but after playing 2 rounds with the Maxfli Tour CG I think I'm hooked. I gain 10 to 15 yards off the Tee and they have a great feel off my irons and hybrids. I would recommend this ball to anyone in the 12-20 handicap with a average swing speed.

Thanks

MikeB21

Edited by MikeB21
name

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, fozcycle said:

I lived there from 1980 though 1986. I was the CFO of the Humana Hospital. And yes, the Hole in One was on #6......when were you a member of Pine Ridge CC?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Hey Fozcycle - Sorry it took so long to respond:  I lived there in the 60's and 70"s. Played it off an on for several years after that. I am a Smith related to alot of the Smiths there including car dealer and my uncle lives right beside  #2 tee box.  I am sure if you were there in the 80's were we on the course at the same time  what a small world. Winnfield, La , Wow!

:ping-small:  PING G-400 LST 8.5 degree driver/ TOUR 65 Stiff

default_titelist-small.jpg   Titleist TS 2 15 degree Fairway Wood w/ Tensei Blue 65 stiff shaft

default_titelist-small.jpg   Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid 19 & 23 degree w/ Tensei Blue 80 Hy stiff shafts

:mizuno-small:    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro irons with Dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts

:cleveland-small:       Cleveland Zip Core  54 degree Sand wedge  

:cleveland-small:        Cleveland Zip Core  58 degree Sand Wedge

:mizuno-small:    Mizuno M Craft IV Blue 36" putter, :scotty-cameron-1: Squareback 1.5

918457628_PrecisionPro.png       Precision Pro NX7 range finder/  Blue Tees Max 3 Rangefinder/  Bushnell Ion2 watch

Member of US Am Tour, Amateur Players Tour, & Houston Amateur Golf Association

On 10/11/2021 at 6:16 PM, golfbum72 said:

Hey Fozcycle - Sorry it took so long to respond:  I lived there in the 60's and 70"s. Played it off an on for several years after that. I am a Smith related to alot of the Smiths there including car dealer and my uncle lives right beside  #2 tee box.  I am sure if you were there in the 80's were we on the course at the same time  what a small world. Winnfield, La , Wow!

I played with a great bunch of guys.  Bought a house just down the street from the Park where the Longs(Huey & Earl) grew up.  Several of us played in some traveling tournaments such as the Bonnie & Clyde(course is close to where they met their demise).  You know Winnfield was featured in the Paul Newman movie "Blaze".  3 of my golfing buds were in the opening scene....ha ha.

Have not been back there since 1988.  I am sure it has changed.  Miss that slow small town lifestyle.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

One of those buddies wouldn't have been Randy Turner? I have not seen the movie in years but I remember Randy being in open scene of the movie and maybe Paul Harlan?? My uncle who is in the movie lives about two or three houses down from where Randy's parents lived on the course. Small world for sure.  I played in the Bonnie and Clyde years ago as well. 

:ping-small:  PING G-400 LST 8.5 degree driver/ TOUR 65 Stiff

default_titelist-small.jpg   Titleist TS 2 15 degree Fairway Wood w/ Tensei Blue 65 stiff shaft

default_titelist-small.jpg   Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid 19 & 23 degree w/ Tensei Blue 80 Hy stiff shafts

:mizuno-small:    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro irons with Dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts

:cleveland-small:       Cleveland Zip Core  54 degree Sand wedge  

:cleveland-small:        Cleveland Zip Core  58 degree Sand Wedge

:mizuno-small:    Mizuno M Craft IV Blue 36" putter, :scotty-cameron-1: Squareback 1.5

918457628_PrecisionPro.png       Precision Pro NX7 range finder/  Blue Tees Max 3 Rangefinder/  Bushnell Ion2 watch

Member of US Am Tour, Amateur Players Tour, & Houston Amateur Golf Association