Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

MYGOLFSPY VIRTUAL TOUR and GOLFSHOT APP

How does it track your shots if you don't have an Apple watch?  I use Android.  It says available for both, but I didn't see any real insight for Android users 😕

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I’m down. Perfect timing for this mornings nine

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

This looks interesting.  I used to use their free version, which was pretty excellent, for yardages.  If weather holds up I should be able to give this a try this week.

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0°, Mitsubishi TENSEI 70

:callaway-small:  Mavrick 3 Wood, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 80 Graphite

:titleist-small: TSi3, 19°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV RAW WHITE S

:titleist-small: T100s 4-G, Project X LZ 6.0

:titleist-small: SM6 52°

:callaway-small: Jaws Forged 56°

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser

Maxfli Tour

Talk about a hole in one.  - Happy Gilmore (1996)

I'm hoping to play tomorrow morning. Sounds like I'll be downloading the app sometime today!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I have been using golfshot for a year or 2 and love the app. You can track shots and it stores that data to then better help suggest clubs based on yardage from previously recorded shots. The layout of the app is great and it does have many other features to help track your progress and info as you play courses. I would highly suggest this app.

My bag consists of

Odyssey Backstryke D.A.R.T. Putter

Calloway Diablo Habanero Driver 9.5

PING eye 2 Irons (4-PW)

Nicklaus ATW 3 HYBRID

King Cobra 3 wood

King Cobra 5 wood

Sand wedge

Lob wedge

3 minutes ago, cojobro77 said:

@golfinnut. I am an android user myself and it tracks the shots based off of your phone's gps location. Obviously, there can be some room for error with that but I have checked the range readings from the app and compared them many times to my buddy's range finder and it always comes within a couple yards so even pulling from a phone's gps it is pretty accurate. To track your shot without a watch can be a little tedious as you have to first select the club you are using for the shot, then select track shot. Once you arrive at your ball wait a few seconds for the app to register your gps location and click "at my ball" it will then save that shot distance for that club. As you repeat this it, it stores the data and you can see what distances you are hitting on average for each club you log shots on. You can also have the app suggest a club to use based of your recorded data. The app also offers an aggressive caddie feature which if selected will suggest longer shots and shortcuts such as cutting corners on doglegs etc.

Yeah this is what my SkyCaddie & Arrcos do, which I hate.  

1 minute ago, golfinnut said:

Yeah this is what my SkyCaddie & Arrcos do, which I hate.  

Unfortunately, it is a PITA to have to tediously track shots that way and I often times find myself feeling as if I'm slowing others down but After a few rounds of tracking your shots, it does help give some insight on what to work on and helping to identify which clubs you are going to play the shot well with. 

My bag consists of

PING eye 2 Irons (4-PW)

Nicklaus ATW 3 HYBRID

King Cobra 3 wood

King Cobra 5 wood

Sand wedge

Lob wedge

7 minutes ago, cojobro77 said:

Unfortunately, it is a PITA to have to tediously track shots that way and I often times find myself feeling as if I'm slowing others down but After a few rounds of tracking your shots, it does help give some insight on what to work on and helping to identify which clubs you are going to play the shot well with. 

I have been using the app for the last few weeks and I think it is very easy to use and accurate.  I really like the ease of seeing distances to various landmarks/trouble/layup spots on my course.  Extremely helpful.  @cojobro77 have you used the Golfscape feature much (have to borrow my wife's apple phone when I do)?  I haven't had a chance to give it a good try yet, but curious about your, or other's experience with that feature?

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

23 minutes ago, cojobro77 said:

Exactly.  I hate having to remember to tag each shot or go back & edit it later.  Editing it because it rarely tracks putts.  & if you want it accurate, you have to move the pin location, etc.  The whole tracking system as a whole IMO is a PITA!  🤬

Great opportunity for our members. Sadly I won't be participating - not because it's not a great idea but rather I just got my X5 Shotscope watch and I'm still trying to learn all of the on course functions. One more digital gadget and my partners will be accusing me of being a slow player I'll be looking forward to all of your comments. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just when I am getting an apple watch, great timing

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I’ve been using Golfshot for about 6 months. It’s a great app, although I don’t use the VR much, largely because I rely on my watch.

For me personally, it’s the convenience of having a scoring app with a smart tracker, and having distances on hand. I tried a number of apps, and this most suited what I wanted. 

Pros

• Mostly accurate with distances
  • Automatic tracking works well
  • Easy to use, watch integration works well.

Cons

• Accuracy is occasionally off so you need to understand which holes are problematic at your regular course or you could find yourself playing the wrong distances. It’s not whole courses, just single holes occasionally. These are likely to be fixed as more people report on them.
  • Can run the watch battery flat pretty quickly

Things I’d like to see added

• Would be nice if they had the option to end the game after 9 holes on the watch. 
  • Would be great if they could add wind impact and direction to give a virtual distance
  • Would be great if you could add course notes without playing a round and store them against the holes so you can use them for future rounds.

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR and MCC +4, 
TSR2 15° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR and MCC +4, 
2 Iron T200 Utility and MCC +4, 
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick

I've also been using golfshot for about a year now and I love the watch integration. Also, the ability to post to your ghin straight from the app with shot tracking stats included is pretty sweet.

31 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

Can run the watch battery flat pretty quickly

I agree with MissionMan that the watch battery tends to be the biggest hinderance at the moment. If you have anything older than a series 6 you will see issues nearing the end of an 18 hole round.

:callaway-small: Rogue MAX LS 9° (set to +1°)

:callaway-small: Rogue Max 3W 15°

:callaway-small:Apex UW 19°

:taylormade-small: p770 w/ Project X 6.5 (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Full-Toe Black 54° & 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"

:taylormade-small: TP5x 

Interesting! I will give it a whirl; wish I had an Apple Watch to make it all come together. Now I need to remind myself to stop the free trial a week from today haha 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Great opportunity for our members. Sadly I won't be participating - not because it's not a great idea but rather I just got my X5 Shotscope watch and I'm still trying to learn all of the on course functions. One more digital gadget and my partners will be accusing me of being a slow player I'll be looking forward to all of your comments. 

Oh no ... something else for you to use to slow down play 😆 

3 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Exactly.  I hate having to remember to tag each shot or go back & edit it later.  Editing it because it rarely tracks putts.  & if you want it accurate, you have to move the pin location, etc.  The whole tracking system as a whole IMO is a PITA!  🤬

Much agreed, overall the app does offer valuable data. I do also like being able to keep score on my phone vs. using scorecards and the undersized/under-sharpened pencils available at most courses lol. I have noticed that my golf partners may wait a few seconds for me if I do decide to track a shot but then again I am usually waiting on them at the next hole while they try to recap their stroked from the previous hole to write on their scorecard and mine is already punched in on my phone, so I guess it kind of breaks even as far as slowing the pace of play down.

My bag consists of

PING eye 2 Irons (4-PW)

Nicklaus ATW 3 HYBRID

King Cobra 3 wood

King Cobra 5 wood

Sand wedge

Lob wedge

went head to head today with shot scope after i finally got it setup for auto tracking. kept erroring out!

I think the data is pretty good but idk if i would still pay a yearly subscription for it.

The swing ID is interesting but some of them don't make sense. One drive in particular, i hit a cut on a drive (unintentional). Swing path 4* in to out and my ball position was my normal aligned with arm pit. I just don't understand how that is possible unless my ball position was moved up. I had a closed face (and likely then closed face to path) since the ball started way left of target and then curved back onto target.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

GolfShot - thats an app I haven't thought about for a while... I have 381 rounds recorded in my GolfShot app between 2012 and 2017 - when I made the switch to Arcoss. Since then I got an AppleWatch, so I could give that a try, but it's a series 4 circa 2018 - so worry about the battery drain and if it is powerful enough.  I see they recommend a Series 6 for the SwingID but I'm not really interested in that. May have to give it a try this spring when I get back on the course (two weeks hopefully).  See what the battery drain is like for myself.  

I'm sure wearing the watch it can tell if I'm making a swing - just curious how well it does in predicting what club I use if my gaps are too close together (whole other problem...)  How it does on putting. 

My real question - and i'll just have to try and find out - can you run GolfShot and Across at the same time.  No reason to do that permanently - just while testing to see if I want to switch back.  I've got 502 rounds in the Arcoss database...

During those 5 years of using GolfShot I really enjoyed it.  I thought the stats were helpful, and they even suggested instructional videos within the app for what were weak areas of my game.  Had a very decent course library.  My only reason for switch was that I was intrigued with the idea of the sensors automatically recording the shot.  Again, I had no smart watch back in that day.  I just entered shots as I walked along. 

I notice that GolfShot doesn't use strokes gained; while Across does.  I've gotten used to measuring myself with that method.  I wonder why they don't as that is now become part of the diehard golfer's vocabulary...

Worth giving it a try again. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

3 hours ago, MissionMan said:

I’ve been using Golfshot for about 6 months. It’s a great app, although I don’t use the VR much, largely because I rely on my watch.

For me personally, it’s the convenience of having a scoring app with a smart tracker, and having distances on hand. I tried a number of apps, and this most suited what I wanted. 

Pros

• Mostly accurate with distances
  • Automatic tracking works well
  • Easy to use, watch integration works well.

Cons

• Accuracy is occasionally off so you need to understand which holes are problematic at your regular course or you could find yourself playing the wrong distances. It’s not whole courses, just single holes occasionally. These are likely to be fixed as more people report on them.
  • Can run the watch battery flat pretty quickly

Things I’d like to see added

• Would be nice if they had the option to end the game after 9 holes on the watch. 
  • Would be great if they could add wind impact and direction to give a virtual distance
  • Would be great if you could add course notes without playing a round and store them against the holes so you can use them for future rounds.

Great Mini Review MM, I appreciate that, as others do as well I would imagine!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

27 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

GolfShot - thats an app I haven't thought about for a while... I have 381 rounds recorded in my GolfShot app between 2012 and 2017 - when I made the switch to Arcoss. Since then I got an AppleWatch, so I could give that a try, but it's a series 4 circa 2018 - so worry about the battery drain and if it is powerful enough.  I see they recommend a Series 6 for the SwingID but I'm not really interested in that. May have to give it a try this spring when I get back on the course (two weeks hopefully).  See what the battery drain is like for myself.  

I'm sure wearing the watch it can tell if I'm making a swing - just curious how well it does in predicting what club I use if my gaps are too close together (whole other problem...)  How it does on putting. 

My real question - and i'll just have to try and find out - can you run GolfShot and Across at the same time.  No reason to do that permanently - just while testing to see if I want to switch back.  I've got 502 rounds in the Arcoss database...

During those 5 years of using GolfShot I really enjoyed it.  I thought the stats were helpful, and they even suggested instructional videos within the app for what were weak areas of my game.  Had a very decent course library.  My only reason for switch was that I was intrigued with the idea of the sensors automatically recording the shot.  Again, I had no smart watch back in that day.  I just entered shots as I walked along. 

I notice that GolfShot doesn't use strokes gained; while Across does.  I've gotten used to measuring myself with that method.  I wonder why they don't as that is now become part of the diehard golfer's vocabulary...

Worth giving it a try again. 

Great comments WHT.  Wow, close to 400 rounds logged in Golfshot.  I am REALLY interested to hear your thoughts on the app and functionality evolution since you used it last (5 or 6 years ago??).  I'm more and more talking myself into an Apple Watch... I wonder if Apple offers a discount code for Golfshot users ??  (haha... yeah... wishful thinking 😉 ). 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Used this app in the past and I remember it being decent. I’m down to give it another go. 

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Taylormade Stealth2+ 3Hy
  • Ping iCrossover 3i
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy - Benched
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

Ok to start, this is a sus. #6 Is not particularly challenging. #3 is the beast. #6 can be tough depending on the pin placement but maybe people have more trouble with the tee shot over water. I know I donated plenty of balls to that pond when I first started. 

I also noticed that if I scroll down, it shows #3’s average score is 7.2. I wonder how they determine “Hardest Hole”?

IMG_0480.png.0ee65ec60305bd7f28e738453873e8b8.png

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Taylormade Stealth2+ 3Hy
  • Ping iCrossover 3i
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy - Benched
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

Great opportunity from MGS. I'm going to keep posting my scores in the tournament but I'm not going to use this app. I'm still on, and sticking with, Arccos. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Crap now I need an apple watch

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I know, right??  For the Golfscape and Swing ID alone!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Can confirm it’s a necessary purchase. Bought one years ago and have never looked back 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I know, right??  For the Golfscape and Swing ID alone!!

Again idk if I trust the swing Id at this moment. Tempo is fine but the path and shallowing is off

My Reviews:

18 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Can confirm it’s a necessary purchase. Bought one years ago and have never looked back 😂

You aren't helping my wallet JN.  😂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1