Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: SQAIRZ Golf Shoes

Golfspy_CG2

41 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

I will say, I have a relatively narrow foot for a medium width. The 'buckling' as you call it at the bottom of the laces happened when I cinched the laces down to feel snug against my mid-foot and fore-foot areas. I see that with a lot of my golf shoes, but medium width is as narrow as I can ever go. The FJ Freestyles (see upcoming post) in my comparison group have the snuggest fit through the mid-foot for me and need less lace cinching to feel a good fit.

Yea, I'm in the same fit category.  Some shoes just seem to have a bit too much material in the toe end resulting in the buckling.  Plus, I like a snug feel and that requires pulling up those forward lace points - likely exacerbating the issue.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Today's test is a 4-way head-to-head for weight, sole surface, lateral twist, and a wholly unscientific turf mat slippage test.

The contenders - Sqairz Arrow size 11, Johnston & Murphy XC4 size 11 (yes they make golf shoes), Footjoy Freestyle size 10, and Addidas Adiboost Boa size 11. These were all in my current shoe stable, along with an older pair of Addidas Tech Responses. SWMBO thinks I might have a problem.

4shoes.jpg.a7ec78be4ff4a4c2031530c49b775490.jpg

Any good head-to-head matchup requires a weigh-in right? Before revealing the scale results, I'll give my 'how do they feel on my foot' weight comparisons. With that standard of measure, the ranking of lightest to heaviest would have been - J&M, FJ, Adi, Sqz. Let's see the tale of the tape -

In order of lightest to heaviest: Adidas Adiboost Boa: 14 1/2 oz.; FJ Freestyle: 15 3/8 oz.; J&M XC4: 1 lb 1/4 oz.; Sqairz Arrow: 1 lb. 3 1/2 oz.

sqzscale.jpg.c25645eee831419aff844231f3bba37f.jpg

I was very surprised at the difference if feel weight to actual weight of the J&Ms. They are my current go-to for play on the course.

The sole surface comparison was on my list to give a go, but further inspired by @Golfspyedingc 's question below.

6 hours ago, edingc said:

How does the "footprint" (no pun intended...) of the Sqairz compare to another golf shoe? I've read the marketing about the stability, is that accomplished just through the wider toe box or is the mid foot and heel wider also?

Granted, I'm not enough of a mathematician and lack the precise measuring equipment it would take to precisely measure the surface area of each shoe's sole, so in true MGS tester fashion I went with the good ole' eyeball comparison method. The photo below shows them from left to right in my best estimate of increasing surface area - FJ, JM, Adi, Sqz

4xsfc.jpg.8ebb1510fac4549ac0c02abee6567a05.jpg

Compared to the Sqairz, the other three all seem pretty close. The Adi's look to have a bit more width across the mid-foot. To me the thing that really stood out was how much more of the sole structure there is on the Sqairz beyond the structure of the upper itself. The sole extends visibly beyond the toe and heel, as well as on either side. My best response to edingc's question is it is probably most due to the footprint of the sole, and then the shoe structure. Taking full swings it felt really stable at setup, and now analyzing it, felt like there was room for my foot to move naturally inside the shoe while the base stayed stable. 

On to the shoe-twist test. In my pre-test discussion with Bob, he mentioned briefly that any amount of twisting in the shoe is an energy leak with regard to the swing. Most of us would agree that the golf swing is a combination of about 11 to 15 different physics experiments all occurring in the same time and space (the physicists see what I did there). All of them affecting the efficiencies of energy and motion in the golf swing and how much of the power generated gets transferred to the ball at impact, and for the few milliseconds after to appease the Brysons in the crowd. In simple man's language with regard to the shoes: Most of the golf swing power is a result of the interaction between your swinging motion and the ground, and your shoes are the contact point. Thus, any slipping, sliding, twisting or any other motion on the (mostly left) shoe means less energy applied to the ball. So I gave all the shoes the good old fashioned grab and twist. The results from most to least twist: FJ, more or less a tie between Adi and J&M, and as expected Sqairz showed the least. Apologies to the real physicists reading this.

fjtwistbad.jpg.68be208a5a4d9bcdbde72d6f5283475d.jpgsqtwistgd.jpg.4a17c687756eff91590f7f2cf492e0c5.jpg

The last test I attempted was to put on each left shoe in turn, and apply my best simulation of the left foot motion of the swing with my foot on a turf mat. Wholly unscientific, and didn't really produce anything noticeably different. None of the shoes visibly slipped from position. I could see though a little more lateral motion of my foot in the FJ and J&Ms. And, since more pictures are always better, here they are.

sqmat.jpg.213203854b66f0032bc09712842ebb6e.jpgadmat.jpg.e27c09d08f2eab44d251bf6e39e6b06d.jpg

Coming up this week I'm scheduled for a lesson with my coach and I have a scramble tournament on the weekend. The Sqairz will be in play for both so I'll have some performance to go by from those. The next 'testing' session will be to take each of the shoes and the swing speed radar to the range and see if changing shoes has an effect on average swing speed.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

3 minutes ago, GregB135 said:

SWMBO thinks I might have a problem.

Unless your wife falls appreciably outside the standard "Imelda Marcos" curve, I think you win the day on this topic.  My wife is by no means excessive in the shoes department yet I still counted 9 pairs when packing for Yuma.  I brought 4, including my 2 pair of golf shoes; which should not count since they fall squarely into the functional need category 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

That was a great post @GregB135   Taking testing to the next level with the angle measurements! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Got the shoes in. Much better now with the size 10’s. I would post pictures, but it wouldn’t add anything new since I got the black and grey ones that have already been shown. Looking forward to using them at the range this week, and on course this weekend .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

So far I've been really impressed with the shoes.  And really enjoyed speaking with Bob before he sent the shoes to me.  I've got to agree with above postings that these are the most stable shoes on the golf course I've ever felt.  I've played them in dry conditions and thought they were good but yesterday played in the mist on some fairly wet areas of the course and never felt any slippage or concern with footing.   And for me comfort is king.  These felt amazing right out of the box and their socks rock.   So more testing ongoing over the next weeks.  I'm using these exclusively for the next few weeks.  And what's cool, you can get a new set of spikes for the shoes for $5.95 which is just shipping and handling, no charge for the spikes.  I don't know if you've priced soft spikes recently, but they aren't cheap so this is a great extra.  Also the square toes do help with alignment, I even noticed it on the putting green.  So far, 2 thumbs up!    

As a side note, got some ribbing from my golf buddies on several putts that I hit during our Saturday group.  I sometimes have a tendency to leave putts a little short but on Saturday there weren't any short ones, several a couple feet past.  Guys said it must be the shoes, you know the extra distance!!     🤣

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

2 minutes ago, Larryd3 said:

So far I've been really impressed with the shoes.  And really enjoyed speaking with Bob before he sent the shoes to me.  I've got to agree with above postings that these are the most stable shoes on the golf course I've ever felt.  I've played them in dry conditions and thought they were good but yesterday played in the mist on some fairly wet areas of the course and never felt any slippage or concern with footing.   And for me comfort is king.  These felt amazing right out of the box and their socks rock.   So more testing ongoing over the next weeks.  I'm using these exclusively for the next few weeks.  And what's cool, you can get a new set of spikes for the shoes for $5.95 which is just shipping and handling, no charge for the spikes.  I don't know if you've priced soft spikes recently, but they aren't cheap so this is a great extra.  Also the square toes do help with alignment, I even noticed it on the putting green.  So far, 2 thumbs up!    

As a side note, got some ribbing from my golf buddies on several putts that I hit during our Saturday group.  I sometimes have a tendency to leave putts a little short but on Saturday there weren't any short ones, several a couple feet past.  Guys said it must be the shoes, you know the extra distance!!     🤣

Good stuff, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the laces yet.  I plan to as soon as I get a good picture to go along with it. 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good stuff, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the laces yet.  I plan to as soon as I get a good picture to go along with it. 

I forgot about the laces.  They just don't come undone or get loose.  The rubber implants in the laces (I don't remember what they call them) really do work.  The guys at Sqairz really thought all of this through.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Today's session was testing the claim that Sqairz shoes can or will increase swing speed. 

My method. Wearing each shoe in turn, take 10 swings with swing speed measured by the radar device that was included with another training aid I've used. (initials SS). To be fair to the first pair of shoes, I followed up with another 6 swings at the end allowing for warmup and increased confidence etc. The good news was I was having a really good ball striking day so I think I got some good data and hit a bunch of really good shots. Also, the range was mats only today so that should have been providing max grip for each shoe and eliminated deteriorating turf condition as a variable. The bad news, mats only meant these are 8 iron swings. I'll try to repeat a version of this test later with drivers to see if the results hold.

Same contenders as tested for measurements. Johnston & Murphy XC4, FJ Freestyle, Addidas Adiboost Boa, and Sqairz Arrow. The radar reading in the photos is the last swing recorded for each shoe. Reported data is the average of 10 recorded swings for each shoe. Discarded outliers were for exceptionally poor contact or radar recording ball speed rather than club.

Johnston & Murphy XC4: Avg Swing Speed 77, max 86 min 73

radarJm.jpg.2b214fb425181a6c1dbe873e832136fc.jpg

Footjoy Freestyle: Avg swing speed 78.4, Max: 88 Min 73

radarfj.jpg.e9efc0b1d6b383f6e7a2a4c1efea3612.jpg

Addidas Adiboost Boa: Avg swing speed: 79.2; Max: 85 Min 73

radaradi.jpg.09aa0e70dff33b827e9131ae825dffdd.jpg

Sqairz Arrow: Avg swing speed: 80.78; Max 88 Min 76

radarsqz.jpg.fd6a32f151bc5bfdf53f00fcceac8877.jpg

I'll admit, going into this testing opportunity I was a bit skeptical of the added swing speed claim. I'll admit also to being a bit surprised at these results. Throughout the test I was doing my best to maintain consistency of effort and the results bear out the claim as "Plausible" in Mythbusters terminology. The average swing speed for the Sqairz was 3mph better than the lowest average and 1.5 mph better than the next fastest, along with having the most consistent speed range.

There were a few swings scattered throughout the test that I discarded because the radar picked up the ball speed rather than the club. On a couple of those the ball speed readout was 108 mph. On those few balls I could visibly detect an increase in distance. Same with the swings that measured 85 plus on the radar. Otherwise, the distances were all pretty close. 

Then I went to the putting green, and OH..MY..GOSH! But I'll write that part up separately and later.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

4 hours ago, Larryd3 said:

Also the square toes do help with alignment, I even noticed it on the putting green. 

I'll make a separate write up later, but my putting practice with these shoes on was an eye-opener for sure.

@GregB135 You are killing this testing! 

4 hours ago, GregB135 said:

Today's session was testing the claim that Sqairz shoes can or will increase swing speed. 

My method. Wearing each shoe in turn, take 10 swings with swing speed measured by the radar device that was included with another training aid I've used. (initials SS). To be fair to the first pair of shoes, I followed up with another 6 swings at the end allowing for warmup and increased confidence etc. The good news was I was having a really good ball striking day so I think I got some good data and hit a bunch of really good shots. Also, the range was mats only today so that should have been providing max grip for each shoe and eliminated deteriorating turf condition as a variable. The bad news, mats only meant these are 8 iron swings. I'll try to repeat a version of this test later with drivers to see if the results hold.

Same contenders as tested for measurements. Johnston & Murphy XC4, FJ Freestyle, Addidas Adiboost Boa, and Sqairz Arrow. The radar reading in the photos is the last swing recorded for each shoe. Reported data is the average of 10 recorded swings for each shoe. Discarded outliers were for exceptionally poor contact or radar recording ball speed rather than club.

I'll admit, going into this testing opportunity I was a bit skeptical of the added swing speed claim. I'll admit also to being a bit surprised at these results. Throughout the test I was doing my best to maintain consistency of effort and the results bear out the claim as "Plausible" in Mythbusters terminology. The average swing speed for the Sqairz was 3mph better than the lowest average and 1.5 mph better than the next fastest, along with having the most consistent speed range.

There were a few swings scattered throughout the test that I discarded because the radar picked up the ball speed rather than the club. On a couple of those the ball speed readout was 108 mph. On those few balls I could visibly detect an increase in distance. Same with the swings that measured 85 plus on the radar. Otherwise, the distances were all pretty close. 

Then I went to the putting green, and OH..MY..GOSH! But I'll write that part up separately and later.

I may have missed this. But did you wear the shoes in the order that you posted. JM, FJ, Adidas, and Squarz last? 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

11 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I may have missed this. But did you wear the shoes in the order that you posted. JM, FJ, Adidas, and Squarz last? 

Yes, that was the order I worked through. Then went back at the end and did 6 more swings in the JMs to allow for getting warmed up.

Okay, so.. after my last test session, I wore the Sqairz over to the putting green and went through some putting practice and drills. 

Here's a breakdown of my usual routine. Start with a gate drill at 3 feet. Next is a ladder drill putting from 3/6/9 feet on the same line (I added 12 feet a couple of times this time). Next is lag putting from 25 feet (10 balls along the arc for changing line/break), then same at 30 feet. I'll describe my wrap up game in a bit. Let me just say, the Sqairz shoes provided some surprising results, and I tried another drill in the middle that wasn't very productive in a good way.

With the gate drill, I usually go through 30 or 40 putts for that one. In 30 putts this time, I missed... ONCE. (typically I'll miss 2 or 3). That made me happy so I moved on to the ladder drill.

3/6/9 ladder - I'm typically 90+% at 3 feet, around 50% at 6, and 25% at 9. I got a little better at 6 feet and saw 66%, and 33% at 9 feet. Let me tell you I'm all for anything that can extend my confident make range out beyond 6 feet.

25 foot arc lag putting. I did this drill twice (20 putts). I made 3 and with the exception of 2 putts all the misses were within 2 feet. This is a little better than usual, but it seemed like I got really dialed in on the speed really quickly.

I hit 10 putts from 30 feet. Zero makes on the arc drill, but again all 10 were within 3 feet and at least 2 burned the edge.

I attempted to do another ladder drill, putting tees in the ground at 10, 20 and 30 feet and planning to go up and back putting to the distance. I had to stop because too many balls were impacting previous putted balls and I couldn't get a good measure. So line was pretty consistent.

My last drill I've decided to call Cricket. I place a ball on a tee and then put 10 balls down on the green. Then I choose a random spot starting at a distance of about 15 feet and, using my normal on course routine, putt to knock the ball off the tee. If I do so in 2 putts or less that ball is 'out' and goes in my pocket, and I continue gradually increasing distance until I 'side out' all 10 balls. This is where it gets interesting. I only had 2 balls that took more than one round to putt out (one of those cases was being too nonchalant about putting to a target no wider than a tee). Funny story.. I hit a putt from about 30 feet that nestled up against the tee, but didn't knock the ball off. Another gentleman out there putting, laughed and said 'I bet you can't make that happen again'. We chuckled a bit, and I moved to another spot about 35 feet away, and rolled the very next putt up against the tee without dropping the ball 😂.

Again, the only difference between performing these drills with my old shoes on is utilizing the square toe on the Sqairz. That difference being, once I had my putter aligned to my desired target line, all I did was line up the toes square to the putter alignment aid. Initially it felt a little bit off but I trusted it, and WOW. It appears to have actually made a difference.

Trust me, I'm gonna do this again.

16 hours ago, GregB135 said:

The only issue I see with testing this way is that it wasn’t blinded. You knew you had just put-on the Scares, and that they “should make you swing faster”. Possible placebo effect here. Plus, statistical analysis is needed to truly tell of any gains are “statistically significant”.

Yep, I’m a doubting Thomas. But, at minimum, the tests need to be blind.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, GregB135 said:

Okay, so.. after my last test session, I wore the Sqairz over to the putting green and went through some putting practice and drills. 

Here's a breakdown of my usual routine. Start with a gate drill at 3 feet. Next is a ladder drill putting from 3/6/9 feet on the same line (I added 12 feet a couple of times this time). Next is lag putting from 25 feet (10 balls along the arc for changing line/break), then same at 30 feet. I'll describe my wrap up game in a bit. Let me just say, the Sqairz shoes provided some surprising results, and I tried another drill in the middle that wasn't very productive in a good way.

With the gate drill, I usually go through 30 or 40 putts for that one. In 30 putts this time, I missed... ONCE. (typically I'll miss 2 or 3). That made me happy so I moved on to the ladder drill.

3/6/9 ladder - I'm typically 90+% at 3 feet, around 50% at 6, and 25% at 9. I got a little better at 6 feet and saw 66%, and 33% at 9 feet. Let me tell you I'm all for anything that can extend my confident make range out beyond 6 feet.

25 foot arc lag putting. I did this drill twice (20 putts). I made 3 and with the exception of 2 putts all the misses were within 2 feet. This is a little better than usual, but it seemed like I got really dialed in on the speed really quickly.

I hit 10 putts from 30 feet. Zero makes on the arc drill, but again all 10 were within 3 feet and at least 2 burned the edge.

I attempted to do another ladder drill, putting tees in the ground at 10, 20 and 30 feet and planning to go up and back putting to the distance. I had to stop because too many balls were impacting previous putted balls and I couldn't get a good measure. So line was pretty consistent.

My last drill I've decided to call Cricket. I place a ball on a tee and then put 10 balls down on the green. Then I choose a random spot starting at a distance of about 15 feet and, using my normal on course routine, putt to knock the ball off the tee. If I do so in 2 putts or less that ball is 'out' and goes in my pocket, and I continue gradually increasing distance until I 'side out' all 10 balls. This is where it gets interesting. I only had 2 balls that took more than one round to putt out (one of those cases was being too nonchalant about putting to a target no wider than a tee). Funny story.. I hit a putt from about 30 feet that nestled up against the tee, but didn't knock the ball off. Another gentleman out there putting, laughed and said 'I bet you can't make that happen again'. We chuckled a bit, and I moved to another spot about 35 feet away, and rolled the very next putt up against the tee without dropping the ball 😂.

Again, the only difference between performing these drills with my old shoes on is utilizing the square toe on the Sqairz. That difference being, once I had my putter aligned to my desired target line, all I did was line up the toes square to the putter alignment aid. Initially it felt a little bit off but I trusted it, and WOW. It appears to have actually made a difference.

Trust me, I'm gonna do this again.

That is great stuff Greg, sounds like a ton of putts, a   couple hundred all told?   My back would be killing me with that much putting practice!   Some fun drills though to keep it interesting.   

Great results as well.

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

The only issue I see with testing this way is that it wasn’t blinded. You knew you had just put-on the Scares, and that they “should make you swing faster”. Possible placebo effect here. Plus, statistical analysis is needed to truly tell of any gains are “statistically significant”.

Yep, I’m a doubting Thomas. But, at minimum, the tests need to be blind.

I guess the best way to do this would be not see the radar and have someone else log the speeds? 

5 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I guess the best way to do this would be not see the radar and have someone else log the speeds? 

Not sure how is best, but it has to be blinded. Technically, the shoes would have to be covered. There’s a feel difference that would give it away, probably.

That’s why Scares claims to me don’t hold water....

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Not sure how is best, but it has to be blinded. Technically, the shoes would have to be covered. There’s a feel difference that would give it away, probably.

That would be interesting I'd be game for that

So I eluded to an earlier post that we hadn't mentioned the laces yet.  SQAIRZ calls them the Sta-Put Laces.  That keeps the shoes comfortable without having to retire them.   I do know I have a couple pair of shoe, golf and casual that do come loose after a bit. 

So the technology in the Sta-Put is rather simple, but very effective.  In layman's terms, I'll just say they have little nubs of rubber or some material spaced up and down the laces, that when they come into contact with other parts  of the lace...they well Stay Put 🙂    You get a really secure feel from the laces once they are tied, and unlike other shoes I've had, I haven't had to tighten them once during play. 

In a shoe that is designed to provide stability and transfer of energy, Bob and his team definitely looked at al aspects.

SQAIRZ Laces 1.jpg

SQAIRZ Laces 2.jpg

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

Yep. There are lots of holes in this analysis, anecdotal at best. Data is misused all the time...I’m surprised the MGS staff accepts this, they definitely know better.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 minutes ago, Middler said:

Yep. There are lots of holes in this analysis, anecdotal at best. Data is misused all the time...I’m surprised the MGS staff accepts this, they definitely know better.

Come on, if you don't understand the difference between Most Wanted Testing on the main site and forum testing, then I don't even know if anything I can say will make a difference to you.

I think most will take the information that is provided here---just like they do in every other forum test--and decide if the shoes are worth trying for themselves.   

That's really all there is to it. 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I eluded to an earlier post that we hadn't mentioned the laces yet.  SQAIRZ calls them the Sta-Put Laces.  That keeps the shoes comfortable without having to retire them.   I do know I have a couple pair of shoe, golf and casual that do come loose after a bit. 

So the technology in the Sta-Put is rather simple, but very effective.  In layman's terms, I'll just say they have little nubs of rubber or some material spaced up and down the laces, that when they come into contact with other parts  of the lace...they well Stay Put 🙂    You get a really secure feel from the laces once they are tied, and unlike other shoes I've had, I haven't had to tighten them once during play. 

In a shoe that is designed to provide stability and transfer of energy, Bob and his team definitely looked at al aspects.

SQAIRZ Laces 1.jpg

SQAIRZ Laces 2.jpg

reminds me of a lot of swim trunks that have the silicone beading along the tie as well, they really did think about everything on these huh? 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

34 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

reminds me of a lot of swim trunks that have the silicone beading along the tie as well, they really did think about everything on these huh? 

I believe so, and I will in the next week get some actual LM data, between these and my FJ Pro SL, even though it'll be received by some as insignificant 🙂 

45 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I believe so, and I will in the next week get some actual LM data, between these and my FJ Pro SL, even though it'll be received by some as insignificant 🙂 

I guess you need to put your feet through dark plastic trash bags and close your eyes, have somebody else put whatever shoes on you under the bags,  then swish on over to the practice tee and take some swing speed readings.     🤔     😊  Maybe mix it up a little and have them put a different brand on each foot!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

48 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I guess you need to put your feet through dark plastic trash bags and close your eyes, have somebody else put whatever shoes on you under the bags,  then swish on over to the practice tee and take some swing speed readings.     🤔     😊  Maybe mix it up a little and have them put a different brand on each foot!  

Don't forget turning yourself into a swing robot to eliminate all the other variable parts of the swing that affect efficiencies of motion etc., so the only possible variable is the invisible shoes....

Took them to the range today. I was a little concerned about the comfort after trying them on at home and walking around a bit, but they were more comfortable than expected. Of course they're going to look a bit odd at first with the square toe, but I forgot about it pretty fast and just went amongst my business. I brought my usual shoes to compare a but. The Sqairz definitely have great stability, and I felt more comfortable with the traction. I am going to walk 18 with them this weekend, and will report back on how my feet and legs hold up with the Sqairz.

That is great stuff Greg, sounds like a ton of putts, a   couple hundred all told?   My back would be killing me with that much putting practice!   Some fun drills though to keep it interesting.   
Great results as well.

My back hurt just reading it! :)

Great review so far Greg - I love your approach. I hadn’t imagined the difference a show might make for putting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/10/2020 at 10:22 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just a curious question, knowing now that you also have FJ Pro SL's...................  

sizing of the two brands, similar or do the Squairz run slightly large to size due to the design...............

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour