Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

This happened a couple of weeks ago:

Was playing a quick round by myself, ran into a foursome of very well known players at our little club. 4 guys that are aces in about every scramble in this area. Anyways, I see them ahead on the par three(14) they finish out, I let them clear the green. I hit a nice lofted 60* wedge on, two putt for par. I get in the cart and pull down. They are on the tee box and swinging for the next hole a dog leg right par 4 (325). They got in their carts and I asked if they would give me a shout when they clear so I don't hit in on them. They told me to go ahead and hit and I could just finish out and go ahead since it was just me. I hit an excellent shot, fly the corner over the trees(It's about 295 if you cut the corner), I know it's going to be close. We drive up, there's one ball on the green (6ft out) and 4 surrounding it. I start looking around and they are all like, umm...I'm pretty sure that's yours. I sheepishly smiled and said, I'll just pick it up for birdie and get out of your all's way. :lol: :lol: I had hit a great drive in front of some great players, I wasn't about to 4 putt for a bogey and make myself look stupid. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Great story. I'm sure they were more sheepish than you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It was 45* at 5:30 this morning here in SoCal, yes it was chilly. Cold and dry, I didn't have a good time til the back nine when it was much warmer. Shot 41-36. I play with a a couple of my new wedges and intentionally put a few shots in the bunkers and not thinking or more importantly, caring much about the score, somehow I manage to save par and on the par 5 18th make a birdie. It's a funny game.

I had a great time this morning playing. I was sick as a puppy but after missing in action for a few weeks I miss my normal routine to I went.

Scoring wise it was nothing to write home about 3 strokes a side on my Home course usually feels like 10 over to me but I didn't really care. I went into the autopilot mode and step aside. I enjoy the feeling a lot. One extraordinarily average shots after another plotting my way thru the front then the back nine. No extra focus or laser guided shots just fairways then greens and 2 putts or a chip or two.

If I can recall this ability all the time I'll be ok with the score. It's quite peaceful.

Had a small crew this morning for the “old fart Bacon Boys “. Light rain but 66* don't know what anyone shot we don't keep score on Friday's, it's all about the BACON!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Catching up!

Played 18 Wednesday beautiful FL morning, sunny, light breeze 65* at tee time. Somehow shot 40-41-81. Guy in my cart old neighbor, good guy and I do mean old, mid 80's. Every shot was bad and he cannot see anymore so I was the bird dog. Other 2 also can't see so it was an unpleasant morning but can't complain because they are good guys. OK, I'll complain a little. Still real happy with the 81. Only 1 really bad hole #11 lost ball then hit a bunker for a swell 3 jack. That kinda sucks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Catching up!

Played 18 Wednesday beautiful FL morning, sunny, light breeze 65* at tee time. Somehow shot 40-41-81. Guy in my cart old neighbor, good guy and I do mean old, mid 80's. Every shot was bad and he cannot see anymore so I was the bird dog. Other 2 also can't see so it was an unpleasant morning but can't complain because they are good guys. OK, I'll complain a little. Still real happy with the 81. Only 1 really bad hole #11 lost ball then hit a bunker for a swell 3 jack. That kinda sucks.

I know the feeling. There's a certain group of co-workers I play with that can't see squat. I'm always spending as much time finding their balls for them as I am planning my own shot.

Still better than filling TPS reports

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I know the feeling. There's a certain group of co-workers I play with that can't see squat. I'm always spending as much time finding their balls for them as I am planning my own shot.

Still better than filling TPS reports

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Very true indeed

Rick

Left Hand, 

Strange round today. Very soft bogey to start, 90 yards from the pin in the middle of the fairway. Next hole, in the deep rough after slightly blocking my drive, another bogey. Finished the 9 1 over after playing solid golf. Had 2 putts slide past by 1/2 inch after hitting them exactly how I wanted.

Started the 2nd 9 with a birdie, then took 3 wood for position on the next. Buried it in the deep rough for another bogey. Leaked soft bogeys on a few more holes, lipped out 4 times in 5 holes. Holed a couple of good putts on the last 2 holes to finish 5 over, which included a soft double.

Only hit 6 fairways, some misses hurt me, others I got lucky. Putted well but reading was. A little off.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I played a nine today getting ready for a big round tomorrow. I'm playing with 3 old friends 2 I haven't played with in 14 years.

I spent a bucket hour hitting 105 yards today using 3 wedges 45* W, 51* AW, and 54* SW. I had a good streak going and if I can bring half of today's results to tomorrow's round I'd have a round of my life.

Played 18 this morning. We were held up 1/2 hour due to heavy fog. Driver was MIA just wasn't working, irons not much help. Putter was awesome! For some reason I threw the MLA TourXdream in the bag. It was just working great. 43-42- 85 with 2 birds. Would have been a 100 if it wasn't for the MLA putter.

Oh yea, 58* at tee time and once the fog burned off was sunny and warm. Yea Florida!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Killer day, mid 70,s in the afternoon.

Was three over on the front, but kinda hacked up the back. I've been sick for a week with that darn flu, and I guess I'm nit fully back to 100%.

At least that's what I'm going with... haha

Check out the 18th approach...

D795713E-40BF-4CBC-A478-B6C2E14A1C84.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Killer day, mid 70,s in the afternoon.

Was three over on the front, but kinda hacked up the back. I've been sick for a week with that darn flu, and I guess I'm nit fully back to 100%.

At least that's what I'm going with... haha

Check out the 18th approach...

What water, what rocks!! Looks like a piece of cake

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played like crap - shot 81 that felt like 100. My 7 iron and I had issues and of course I needed it often - including a couple of times when I hit 6 instead. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It was a chilly day at Dormie Club, never got above 40, no sun and a little breezy, I hit 13/14 fairways, and I hit 7 greens, I had 13 bogeys. I 3 putted 3 times on the front nine, I hit the green 2 times on the back nine and 2 putted every hole on the back. I just couldn't hit the greens. Whether I miss clubbed or just mishit the ball. The greens were fast I mean really fast, if you were to putt on a cement floor, it would have been slower. I also had forgotten how undulated the greens at Dormie are, and if you were on the wrong part of the green, you could just put down the 3 putt. We had a good time so there always that. I ended up shooting 84. I got up and down after missing the green 1 time, and that was a 15 foot putt on the very first hole.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It was a chilly day at Dormie Club, never got above 40, no sun and a little breezy, I hit 13/14 fairways, and I hit 7 greens, I had 13 bogeys. I 3 putted 3 times on the front nine, I hit the green 2 times on the back nine and 2 putted every hole on the back. I just couldn't hit the greens. Whether I miss clubbed or just mishit the ball. The greens were fast I mean really fast, if you were to putt on a cement floor, it would have been slower. I also had forgotten how undulated the greens at Dormie are, and if you were on the wrong part of the green, you could just put down the 3 putt. We had a good time so there always that. I ended up shooting 84. I got up and down after missing the green 1 time, and that was a 15 foot putt on the very first hole.

Always next time

Rick

Left Hand, 

Always next time

I've got the 2 way miss with the irons, short irons that is. I think it has to do with setup. I usually hit a draw, with the miss being a pull hook, but I have been having a slight push/straight shot, if I aim middle of the green I pull it right, if I aim left a little it gooses straight or has a little fade. So my setup is slightly off I think. It's nit much just a little.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played the “Friday Bacon Open 9” this morning. 49* with 10 mph wind and cloudy, bad combo. We all finished 9 and got to breakfast ASAP!!

Words to live by!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played the “Friday Bacon Open 9” this morning. 49* with 10 mph wind and cloudy, bad combo. We all finished 9 and got to breakfast ASAP!!attachicon.gifIMG_2780.JPG

Words to live by!!

Love the Friday Bacon Open 9!!

I'll trade you your 49* with 10 mph wind for 31* with a 10 mph wind and 1/4" of freezing rain!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We left on hole #14 today so no total score to post however,  I almost had my 3rd HIO today! Our #12 hole was playing 165 today from the white tees into the wind.  I hit my 5 iron flush and it rolled to 1/2 inch to the right side of the hole!  My heart was pounding like a mule in a wagon pulling contest.... :D  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'll trade you your 49* with 10 mph wind for 31* with a 10 mph wind and 1/4" of freezing rain!!

Ummm, no thank you

Rick

Left Hand, 

We left on hole #14 today so no total score to post however,  I almost had my 3rd HIO today! Our #12 hole was playing 165 today from the white tees into the wind.  I hit my 5 iron flush and it rolled to 1/2 inch to the right side of the hole!  My heart was pounding like a mule in a wagon pulling contest.... :D  

It's a nice feeling, isn't it?   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's a nice feeling, isn't it?   ;)

It dang sure was!  It was a laser shot dead at the pin and it was as good as I can possibly hit a golf shot. Yea it felt good!  :wub: 

Cleveland

It dang sure was! It was a laser shot dead at the pin and it was as good as I can possibly hit a golf shot. Yea it felt good! :wub:

I hit a 7i to a back pin 145 on the third hole thru the fog. Never saw the shot after the first 50 yards. Got to the green ball was a foot away.

Did make the bird

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'll take either the 49 and wind OR the 31 with wind/rain and give you 6 deg F with 12 wind and a strong chance of snow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'll take either the 49 and wind OR the 31 with wind/rain and give you 6 deg F with 12 wind and a strong chance of snow.

The 6* with 12mph wind and snow sounds like where I lived in CT for 65 years. Don't miss it for a minute.

Rick

Left Hand, 

You boys ain't right

Cleveland

You boys ain't right

OG, when you live in the north for an extended amount of time your brain has “freeze burn”. The effects can be reversed by moving south.

Rick

Left Hand, 

OG, when you live in the north for an extended amount of time your brain has “freeze burn”. The effects can be reversed by moving south.

Now ya cooking with Crisco  :D 

Cleveland

It was around 0° in Chicago this week while I was there. But if I could have found an open course I would have put some Wilson DUO's in play and had a heck of a time! But the PGA Super Store held me over for the time being. Applying for a new job (training billet) in Florida, should know if I get selected in February !!! Get out of this dang tundrafied wasteland they call the UP.

It was around 0° in Chicago this week while I was there. But if I could have found an open course I would have put some Wilson DUO's in play and had a heck of a time! But the PGA Super Store held me over for the time being. Applying for a new job (training billet) in Florida, should know if I get selected in February !!! Get out of this dang tundrafied wasteland they call the UP.

Good luck with the new job application. You'll love Florida

Rick

Left Hand,