MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Struggle city today!

7/14 FiR

4/18 GiR

34 putts

Couldn't hit a green today, and it was mostly my tee game to blame even though I technically hit half of them. Overall pretty poor performance but it was nice to leave work early, eff responsibilities! 

Could it have been your conscious weighing your game down? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I played today at our club.  After driving the ball really well yesterday at the other course in town, I struggled a little bit.  However, the rest of my game showed up.  I shot an EVEN par 37 on the front nine with one birdie and one bogey.  At the turn the wind picked up and the temp dropped; hands got cold.  Still not a bad +5 or 40...  for a nice 77.
HOWEVER, the highlight of the round was NOT mine.  My wife got her first Ace on #12.  She's been playing golf for 55 years and never had one.  It was a one-hopper into the hole.  So much fun to see it go in.  As she was walking off the green, a Navy plane did a flyby.  She said that was her dad looking down on her and saying "What took you so long?"  She shot 86.
Congratulations to your wife for the hole in one! That is a major accomplishment for her and I love how the naval plane flew over afterward. I love how the two of you can share these moments together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Continuing to play well overall!

Driving good, putting good, irons good- wedges poor and chipping appalling!

a 77 in strong winds (storm landed 5 minutes after we finished with driving rain, its now unsafe to be outside) with 4 thinned chips thru the back and 3 fatted chips going nowhere! If I could chip I'd be dangerous!

• Like 3

My wife and I played today at our club.  After driving the ball really well yesterday at the other course in town, I struggled a little bit.  However, the rest of my game showed up.  I shot an EVEN par 37 on the front nine with one birdie and one bogey.  At the turn the wind picked up and the temp dropped; hands got cold.  Still not a bad +5 or 40...  for a nice 77.
HOWEVER, the highlight of the round was NOT mine.  My wife got her first Ace on #12.  She's been playing golf for 55 years and never had one.  It was a one-hopper into the hole.  So much fun to see it go in.  As she was walking off the green, a Navy plane did a flyby.  She said that was her dad looking down on her and saying "What took you so long?"  She shot 86.

Congratulations on the HIO!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

... Congrats!!! That is just awesome, 55 years and never a HIO so well deserved. I am always amazed to hear about a Pro in a tourney getting the first HIO and they play thousands and thousands of holes. I still don't have one and my cousin, that has never broken 100, has 4 of them. I watched him top a 5 wood from 175yds down a hill, hop over a small creek at the bottom and roll on the green and right into the cup. He shot 101 that day LOL!

• Like 7

34 thru 8 holes and laying 4 on the back apron of #9 par 5 green.  That was it... no mas.  My back started having spasms around hole 3 and it got progressively worse.  Decided to pick-up and let my partner drop me at the car on the way to #10 😧.  No idea what I did. Felt fine stretching, chipping and putting ahead of time - pretty much do the same routine each round.  Started the first round of Aleve and have a Dos Equis in the freezer getting ice cold.  Not sure whether to try a heat pad or cold pack.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Got to play in my clubs 9 hole shootout Wednesday afternoon. Shotgun start on #5....Birdie on first hole! Then rest of 9 was not as exciting. The Birdie held for a $27 payout! WooHoo!

• Like 7

43* at 8 AM Shotgun start, warmed up to 70* by noon. Tied for 3rd, Closest to Pin and Skin on Par 3....2’ 6” directly in front of hole....My take home was $80!

Overall not a bad day...41/45:86

• Like 7

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

34 thru 8 holes and laying 4 on the back apron of #9 par 5 green.  That was it... no mas.  My back started having spasms around hole 3 and it got progressively worse.  Decided to pick-up and let my partner drop me at the car on the way to #10 😧.  No idea what I did. Felt fine stretching, chipping and putting ahead of time - pretty much do the same routine each round.  Started the first round of Aleve and have a Dos Equis in the freezer getting ice cold.  Not sure whether to try a heat pad or cold pack.  

Wow!  Sorry to hear that.  Hope it's something that quickly goes away.

I just found out that one of my Monday walking group buddies is wintering near you in El Centro.  He's a 76-year old marine Lt. Col, and he's playing 4 days a week at the Naval Air Station.  I have a hard time keeping up with him.  Good player!

• Like 3

34 thru 8 holes and laying 4 on the back apron of #9 par 5 green.  That was it... no mas.  My back started having spasms around hole 3 and it got progressively worse.  Decided to pick-up and let my partner drop me at the car on the way to #10 .  No idea what I did. Felt fine stretching, chipping and putting ahead of time - pretty much do the same routine each round.  Started the first round of Aleve and have a Dos Equis in the freezer getting ice cold.  Not sure whether to try a heat pad or cold pack.  

Take care Grasshopper. Don’t push it.

• Like 3

34 thru 8 holes and laying 4 on the back apron of #9 par 5 green.  That was it... no mas.  My back started having spasms around hole 3 and it got progressively worse.  Decided to pick-up and let my partner drop me at the car on the way to #10 .  No idea what I did. Felt fine stretching, chipping and putting ahead of time - pretty much do the same routine each round.  Started the first round of Aleve and have a Dos Equis in the freezer getting ice cold.  Not sure whether to try a heat pad or cold pack.  

That sounds painful - get better soon.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

83 (12 over) in very tough conditions. Started well but lost my way a bit. Driver was ok, hit one in the water, irons were inconsistent. Hit wedges well and putted ok. Struggled to read cross wind putts. For an idea of the conditions have a look at the coverage of the LPGA event on at the moment,  ISPS Handa Victorian Open, which is being played about 15 miles from my course.

The wind was particularly tough as it was blowing in the opposite direction to normal.

• Like 5

How you liking DECADE?

I’m liking it a lot now that have the data entry down cold. It definitely helps clearly identify weakly areas!
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not sure whether to try a heat pad or cold pack.  

Heat first, then cold.

Don't know if you're into it or if there is any near you, but accupuncture has been a big help for me.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Heat first, then cold.

Don't know if you're into it or if there is any near you, but accupuncture has been a big help for me.

I tried the heat pad last night but neither it or the Aleve provided much help. I've cancelled my attendance for our game tomorrow and hope to feel good enough to play Thursday.  I've heard others rave about AP but I'd want to be REALLY sure anyone sticking needles in me has a proven track record. 

• Like 3

Played SPCC today after church - walking - I really enjoy doing that.

Birdied 1 and 17. Shot 79 - not bad for a guy who’s fortunate to play more than once a month at this point.

• Like 7

Playing 3 days this week with the “Bacon Boyz”.
Monday, Tuesday & Friday, next stop 600lb life show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As an addendum to that round we got paired with 2 guys. One of them had heard about MGS when I mentioned us on 9. When i told him I was a part of the Ping long game test he flipped out. He had to watch every time I hit the 9 or 7 wood. I blew him away with his well I could hit those little woods. We had winds gusting to as much as 33 mph during the round - I carved those bad boys all over the place with it or against it and end the EVENRoll rolled just as we reviewed it. My speed on tough greens and brutal conditions was spot on. :)

I really did us proud - he’s going to apply for some tests going forward and hop on the forums.

• Like 8
  • Love 1