What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

46 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

What a great find and really good/ honest of you to offer them up at what you've paid!

@rkj427 If the Phantom X7 is still available, I'd love to buy it from you and would never plan to sell it! I've tried a couple at big box stores and love the way they rolled the ball. Really nice feel and I need all the alignment help I can get.lol

@Indy_Oz still available and I will send you a message though the forum messaging system.

Thanks for expressing interest! 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

8 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

Since the MG4TW Raw 56* arrived I've had it in the bag for 72 holes of golf in 12 days. A couple of damp 9s and a rainy 18 today (charity scramble). I thought I'd provide an update with how the raw finish has changed in that time. This is my first all raw club head, so the process has me curious and paying attention. For comparison, the regular MG4 50* pictured with it arrived last week. Both are after a post-round quick clean up. I'm really liking the patina on the back of the club as it develops.

IMG_6069.jpeg.bc733c7a4b36d89d3ae9a2b6ae1149fd.jpegIMG_6071.jpeg.4b083c02dcdabd6e68182c01ac05d951.jpeg

I had the 50* built with a KBS C-Taper Lite X-stiff shaft to match my irons. So much nicer to hit than my old gap wedge!

I love the raw look!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

19 minutes ago, ZackS said:

So not sure if this proves working late at night will get me in trouble spending money or find me good deals 😆. Would normally already be asleep when I notice an alert for the bid about to end for something I had forgot I even followed. Through a bid at it full expecting it to get beat but I guess with how late it was no one was watching so I ended up with these. 

Screenshot2024-07-10at8_26_48AM.png.e1b84cab9b351e2494669365e2498446.png

But I guess $180 after tax and shipping it will be a not to expensive fun experiment. The seller cleaned all the rust off before selling but the groves in the pictures still look good. And since they removed the paint fill maybe I will have some fun with that. 

I spent more money than I had when I pulled midnight shifts with my newborn and my wife preferred me not sleeping while holding him. Might have been cheaper to hire a night nurse

Callaway Maverick driver, Mizuno 3-wood and irons, Cleveland wedges, TaylorMade putter. Primarily play with Oncore golf balls

23 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

...my wife looked up some of the latest terms…and good grief, I felt so old.

..oooooohhh boy then where does that leave me .. waaay out in the cold yikes .. 'cuz to me TJ you're a kid!! 🤣🤣🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08; Tour Edge 1-Out
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

11 hours ago, RoverRick said:

.. and this translated to 14 more yards ... and it was nearly $300 cheaper.

You, Sir, are my used club shopping hero!! Nicely done 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08; Tour Edge 1-Out
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Ok spies, I need answers from a numbers guy..I know the difference in the flexes of shafts but recently a few guys I know got senior shafts for there drivers and are absolutely killing the golf ball.. Monster drives! These guys are my age and swinging 105+.. Am I missing something? 🧐

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

4 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Ok spies, I need answers from a numbers guy..I know the difference in the flexes of shafts but recently a few guys I know got senior shafts for there drivers and are absolutely killing the golf ball.. Monster drives! These guys are my age and swinging 105+.. Am I missing something? 🧐

Most of the long drive guys use super whippy shafts, same reason why the AutoFlex works for some.

I think the whippier shafts provide a little extra kick, but as far as I can tell, you are limiting your accuracy. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

Just now, RaRa Golf said:

Most of the long drive guys use super whippy shafts, same reason why the AutoFlex works for some.

I think the whippier shafts provide a little extra kick, but as far as I can tell, you are limiting your accuracy. 

Makes sense

Hadn’t bought anything recently, but I booked a swing session at the new PXG store in SD when it opens and I’m hopeful that it goes well so I can get fitted for some 0211 irons.

WITB (Upgrades I want):

Taylor Made R7 Driver (Paradym X Driver)

Taylor Made 3 and 5 woods (need to look at what kind but they’re very old.) (Paradym X Woods)

Tommy Armor Imitation Irons (848 Tour Classics) 4-PW (PXG 0211 Irons)

Pinseeker SW

Bombtech Wedges (52, 56, 60) (Taylor Made Miller Grind 4 Wedges)

Tours Edge Putter (Scotty Cameron Blade)

On 7/8/2024 at 8:44 AM, Notjustduffin said:

So we made it to the range and pleasantly surprised I was striping my new irons . Added about 10-15 yards to each club which was an added benefit. Since we hit them well I decided to play a round and we were still really consistent and scored right at what I left off with my old clubs . 87 was my lowest with the strata my wife bought and that's where I started with out the sporadic shot offline . With tye new Callaways . 

Some of the most forgiving irons ever created there with the Fusion Widesole.

1203 On the Malby MPF list sittin at #4 of all time highest number and only surpassed by Maltby Outburst series. 

image.png.4612b4f700414b8a090cc76acc42bef8.png

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Exotics EXS Pro 16.5 With Diamana A'hina 75 stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

Hybrid : Ping Anser 23* w stock Ping shaft stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

54* Wilson Staff w KBS C taper 120 stiff

60* Wilson Staff w KBS C taper 120 Stiff

Putter: Indi Golf Allison with BGT Stablity tour shaft

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

42 minutes ago, KOG said:

1203 On the Malby MPF list sittin at #4 of all time highest number and only surpassed by Maltby Outburst series. 

I did See this I was doing some of my own research and found a ton of info on these clubs and heard nothing but good things so I waited and when I found a decent set I took it.

“It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course.” Hank Aaron

54 minutes ago, KOG said:

Ok.... Consider my interest piqued and my holes filled with rabbits... 

I went through some of the list, and specifically look at all the Adams clubs they had listed.

I'm very, VERY curious how this list was devised. 

There's no way they tested all of these clubs, or at least I have a hard time believing they did, and some of them seem way out of whack imho. 

They have XTD irons listed as "super game improvement", while having a30S hybrid irons as just "game improvement".

There are a bunch of parameters listed on the chart that I'm oblivious to like "C" Dim. and Basic VCOG, but head weight, loft, and M.O.I are also taken into the calculation. 

image.png.c6e596561e24d9e843b2fb147881f780.png 

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

58 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Definitely tread carefully @3Putt4Double because @IndyBonzo got me to go down the Otto-Phlex road and I haven't turned back. All I will say is....

It does take a couple outs to get used to.

Tons of good info in those threads!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

4 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

A reliable source has told me that the guy that started that thread has been threatened divorce many times by his wife.. and yet he continues to ride the line between new $50 shafts and a failed marriage. He's both a legend and a complete idiot. 😜

That's hero type stuff there.. @Michael.Sandoval33 might need a couch to sleep on by the time this otto-phlex experiment is done.. Surely my non golf playing wife will understand when I'm getting 30 more yards though 😁