Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m playing pretty well lately, but I need to solve what is becoming an issue with my bag setup between my driver and 4 hybrid.

My 16.5 3HL has worked as well as any FW has for quite a while, but my swing speed has slowed the past 7 years to a point where I’m getting about 15 less yards than I did when I bought it.

I’ve recently replaced my 5 iron with a 5 hybrid, and it’s been a revelation. I also replaced my 3H with a HW, but it’s giving me the same distance as my 4H (they are both 20*) and I need more than that from a FW.

I want to get a 5W to gap above the 4H, but that would get me very close in yardage to the 16.5* 3HL. If I were to put a 15* 3W in the bag, it would have to be a very forgiving and high launching one as FW’s have never been my strength. I’ve come to a point where I need to get better with them though as my 3H isn’t giving me the carry distance it should. It’s become a “certain type of course” club.

I’ve been looking at reviews, and the Big Bertha 21 3&5 woods seem to fit the bill for a weak FW player such as myself. I can get them at a very good price, but I can’t demo them. (I’ve never even seen one). They seem to be bordering on the extreme, with shallow, offset heads and slightly shorter shafts.

Has anyone here had any experience with them, and am I on the right track thinking of buying them?

Have a serious look at the Callaway Apex UW. They're like a hybrid and fairway had a baby. I bought a 5 and 7 a couple of weeks ago and these things are going to end up being weapons for me.

I got the previous model (not much difference from the just released new one that I can tell) for 35% less than retail through Callaway Pre Owned.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’ve been looking at reviews, and the Big Bertha 21 3&5 woods seem to fit the bill for a weak FW player such as myself. I can get them at a very good price, but I can’t demo them. (I’ve never even seen one). They seem to be bordering on the extreme, with shallow, offset heads and slightly shorter shafts.

Has anyone here had any experience with them, and am I on the right track thinking of buying them?

I bought the new Big Bertha 23 3 wood (which should be pretty similar to the 21 version), and I am really liking it.  I do not use it much from the fairways, but off the tee it is easy to hit and packs a punch.  I also have the Stealth 2 HD fairway for my 5 wood, and that one I love to hit off the fairway.  And I am typically not a strong fairway player.  The only "issue" with the Stealth 2 HD is it's not as far as other 5 woods I've hit.  The Big Bertha though does seem to have plenty of distance.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

1 hour ago, SteveGH7 said:

I bought the new Big Bertha 23 3 wood (which should be pretty similar to the 21 version), and I am really liking it.  I do not use it much from the fairways, but off the tee it is easy to hit and packs a punch.  I also have the Stealth 2 HD fairway for my 5 wood, and that one I love to hit off the fairway.  And I am typically not a strong fairway player.  The only "issue" with the Stealth 2 HD is it's not as far as other 5 woods I've hit.  The Big Bertha though does seem to have plenty of distance.

I was fitted for the Big Bertha 23 Driver and it's a freaking cannon! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 8/18/2023 at 3:13 PM, StrokerAce said:

not sure many people know this but Jack was had his clubs counter weighted

Jack also used to sell counter weighted grips

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m playing pretty well lately, but I need to solve what is becoming an issue with my bag setup between my driver and 4 hybrid.

My 16.5 3HL has worked as well as any FW has for quite a while, but my swing speed has slowed the past 7 years to a point where I’m getting about 15 less yards than I did when I bought it.

I’ve recently replaced my 5 iron with a 5 hybrid, and it’s been a revelation. I also replaced my 3H with a HW, but it’s giving me the same distance as my 4H (they are both 20*) and I need more than that from a FW.

I want to get a 5W to gap above the 4H, but that would get me very close in yardage to the 16.5* 3HL. If I were to put a 15* 3W in the bag, it would have to be a very forgiving and high launching one as FW’s have never been my strength. I’ve come to a point where I need to get better with them though as my 3H isn’t giving me the carry distance it should. It’s become a “certain type of course” club.

... Here is the thing. The modern ball spins less off fairway woods making it harder for the ball to stay in the air. Fairway woods have gotten larger making the more difficult to launch from the fairway. Many of us have lost swing speed as we have aged. Those three combined make a 3 wood and for most a 4 wood (3HL) more difficult to hit from the fairway. Most will hit a 5 wood and even a 7 wood farther than a 3HL. The head is smaller and of course they have more loft making them easier to elevate from the fairway. Many in the fitting profession consider todays 5 wood yesterday's 3 wood. 

... The 2nd part is more difficult and a conundrum for quite a few of us. Playing similar lofts can work with a 21* 7 wood and a 22* 4hy because the 7 wood has a longer shaft. But we each have our own unique style and some produce more or less spin, higher and lower trajectories, prefer hitting a hybrid over a fairway wood or th other way around and a myriad of other differences and preferences so there is no easy answer other than getting fit or going through trial and error. It is one of the few times I prefer the latter as playing a club under pressure trying to reach a par 5 in two with water right or left can have an effect on your play more than standing in one spot and dialing in a hybrid/fairway wood. 

... The "new" category of course  is the "hybrid hybrid" like the UW. I still have my original Super Hybrid but made the mistake of getting the 17* loft and I hit it the same distance as my 5 wood. A 19* would have been perfect and would replace my 7 wood. I would prefer a hybrid and a 5 wood combo as it gives me the best of both worlds but right now the 7 wood is working well so gonna stick with it for awhile. No easy answer to your question but lots of really good options. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

13 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Picked up a new BB23 9W with a Kai'Li Red shaft .. mostly as an experiment, have not used it all that much on the course yet.

I know this isn't the loft you're thinking of, but the head is very forgiving and very easy to hit, the face has some punch to it so yeah this FW can def help you send the ball. It does have a little bit of offset / draw bias so be aware of that.

The shaft imho is awesome, I love it, and .. wish I'd gotten the Red (instead of the Blue) in the Paradym X driver! 

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

Playing similar lofts can work with a 21* 7 wood and a 22* 4hy because the 7 wood has a longer shaft. But we each have our own unique style and some produce more or less spin, higher and lower trajectories, prefer hitting a hybrid over a fairway wood or th other way around and a myriad of other differences and preferences so there is no easy answer other than getting fit or going through trial and error.

Agreed on the 3W for slower swing speed players - e.g. why even carry a club you can't / don't like to hit? So maybe 4W but 5W can be (ie. YMMV) a better choice.

Imo the Apex UW can be a possibility BUT make sure it has a shaft that works for you - the ones I've seen listed are for the "better" players with heavier and/or stiffer flex shafts vs what I like to use.

On a different note I'd picked up a Cleveland Hy-Wood earlier this year - like it, don't totally love it (yet?), but it does do the job of advancing the ball when I have a long .. and open, no real trouble .. shot. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

This is going to sound a bit crazy, because I agree totally with @chisag and @cksurfdude about 3Ws, and players with declining swing speeds. But have you ever just set a club down to the ground and known you will hit it well? I just had that feeling this morning… but here’s the rub. It was a RH model so I wasn’t able to demo  it. 🙄

That’s not the end of the world though, because like Chisag, I’d prefer to test them on the course instead of in a store.
I’m no pro, but I can hit any club fairly well after a few swings off a mat. The real test comes on the course when you’re under pressure. 

Even if they give me comparable distances to the 16.5* 3HL and 3H I have in the bag now, I’d much prefer the higher ball flight and extra carry these will supposedly give me. Any distance gains would be a bonus.

Ah well… Nothing ventured, nothing gained? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

New Titleist T200 irons. Went to a regular shaft and dropped down 25 grams of shaft weight.

verdict is out. Like them and fitting went well but not hitting them as consistently as my old AP3’s.

If your fitting brought different specs as your AP3 irons it will definitely be a process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Found a really good deal on a Ping iCrossover driving iron. I’ve seen the great reviews and research from MGS and have been interested in adding a driving iron to my bag for a while now. Seemed too good to resist! Excited to try it out when it arrives hopefully this week

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Graphite Design Tour AD VR-6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png G425 Crossover 2-iron 18º, Aldila Rogue 95TS Graphite 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

On 8/27/2023 at 6:08 AM, MattF said:

Have a serious look at the Callaway Apex UW. They're like a hybrid and fairway had a baby. I bought a 5 and 7 a couple of weeks ago and these things are going to end up being weapons for me.

I got the previous model (not much difference from the just released new one that I can tell) for 35% less than retail through Callaway Pre Owned.

I drool over those Callaway UW’s, but i don’t think they’re available in LH?

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I love my 21* UW

Driver : Exotics EXS Pro with with Diamana 'ahina 70 stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yonex Ezone with UST Comp stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron: Srizon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

I bought this hoping it works 😀 for me if not I will sell lol... Dallas golf shipping wonder how long I have to wait to play 😞 with it..

Anyone using it and you like ee...?..

IMG_20230829_084355.png

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Rouge white came in today. Hit some whiffles in the park. Liked the feel and didn’t feel like I had to over swing. Will see how its maiden voyage goes. Gonna try for tomorrow 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

They have 19*. I think the new version the 19 and 17 are available in lh

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

36 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I bought this hoping it works 😀 for me if not I will sell lol... Dallas golf shipping wonder how long I have to wait to play 😞 with it..

Anyone using it and you like ee...?..

IMG_20230829_084355.png

You may want to check out the Mizuno Long Game testing currently going on.........................

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

They are. There's a 19° with a Black Smoke 5.5 shaft "like new" (meaning brand new) on CPO right now.

And as @Vegan_Golfer_PNW said, the new version is available for order on the Callaway website in lefty.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Has anyone tried both the UW and the Paradym or Paradym X hybrids, and is there a meaningful difference?  I heard in an online review (I think James Robinson) that they may be essentially the same?  

I love the Paradym X hybrids btw.  Surprised they did not do better in the MGS testing, but that's why we play what works for us.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

4 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Has anyone tried both the UW and the Paradym or Paradym X hybrids, and is there a meaningful difference?  I heard in an online review (I think James Robinson) that they may be essentially the same?  

I love the Paradym X hybrids btw.  Surprised they did not do better in the MGS testing, but that's why we play what works for us.

Yep. No offset for the utility wood which is good if you pull hybrids. If you hit hybrids fine, I dont think you really "need" a UW but for me, half an inch shorter shaft than my 7 wood and just as long and handles low shots under trees so no actual hybrids for me currently in the bag and no need for my 7 wood.

Driver : Exotics EXS Pro with with Diamana 'ahina 70 stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yonex Ezone with UST Comp stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron: Srizon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

hopefully the purple isn't too bright... was all they had left by the time I got there.

image.png.061a7c2f0ac5cf4ac5e2277aaeafa5d9.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Thank goodness for a supportive wife....   

a month or better ago on a whim after the MGS article on the Ping iCrossover, I got one to replace my hybrid which was hot and cold, but mostly cold and a reluctant selection when looking at a shot and my 5 iron had become so good I didn't hesitate and favored it over the hybrid for sure.  I felt perhaps that iCrossover would get me just a little more distance and the "iron shape" was a better fit for me.  It was a better fit and it did all the right things. As the story goes, i started to favor this over my heavenwood and started to see the same 220 yards.  Although the flights were different and I got a draw from the heavenwood and a fade from the Ping, I started to see the gap between my 3Wood and either of these options, particularly since the 3 wood was really starting to be reliable.....  so yeah---went and got a TSr 5 wood to match the 3 wood and replace the heavenwood. I haven't played a round with it, but I am liking what I see at the range. 

I think I may have mapped out the long section pretty well now with the 5 iron at 200, crossover 220, 5 wood at 235, 3 wood 250...  I fortunately don't need to play a ton of long shots but the 5 iron works well on long Par 3's and is put to work on Par 5s or if I don't hit a great driver off the tee.   I think now though on a par 5 where I am a little short with the 5 iron, I have some real options and I am also looking forward to using some of these options off of the tee more where I need to avoid a trap or water.   

I think I am done with my bag  (...for now...)

• Driver- image.png.e24a2409101bd1ac07c78edcf8303773.png G430 Max 10K -9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Couple decent sales yielded a couple new items.

Bought a 12x36 CCE hitting strip to save my wrists from the concrete floor of my garage.  So far so good.  Durable and it does have a nice feel to it.  Wouldn't quite call it a fully real feel like claimed, but you can get a much better read on heavy contact with it.  Definitely no skipping into the ball.

hitting-strips-1-510x625.jpg

To get myself out of my head when playing and not focused on data I also pulled the trigger on a shot scope H4.   No more manual data tracking.  

H4_Handheld_Black_480x441_Desktop_1.jpg

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well pulled the trigger on a G425 Max. Had a round today and the Cobra still just isn't filling me with any confidence. Even with a change to one of my favorite shafts. 

So let's see what happens! Maybe this will provide me the forgiveness I am looking for.

Didn't you have a G430 recently? Any reason going with the G425 over G430?

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:ping-small: - G430 Max

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

:cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2 / :odyssey-small: - Jailbird 380 / Hudson Made Carman Custom

Nick_D's Putter Projects

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

24 minutes ago, Nick_D said:

Didn't you have a G430 recently? Any reason going with the G425 over G430?

I did and loved it. A friend who plays a lot more and competitive wanted to buy it so I sold it to him. Shouldn't have in hindsight, but oh well! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I did and loved it. A friend who plays a lot more and competitive wanted to buy it so I sold it to him. Shouldn't have in hindsight, but oh well! 

APH, the charity and kindness Mod of the Year! 😂🤣😅

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User