Random Thread

ole gray

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Currently heading to Tully NY to help teach a dog training clinic. This should be a fun weekend.

That should be a fun weekend for you!  Enjoy it Tommy!!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

looked out the window and there were 2 things 5’ from the window couldn’t tell what it was. I thought fisher cat but wasn’t what I’ve heard before it just looked long and lanky and then what looked like a house car. I would have thought the fisher cat would have made wuick work of a house cat.

I absolutely hate fishers. First time I heard one at night I told my wife we needed to call the cops because I thought someone was being murdered. 

• Haha 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Interesting... The foxes i have come across have been pretty playful even with our dogs or really shy. Bet getting back to sleep was fun!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

I absolutely hate fishers. First time I heard one at night I told my wife we needed to call the cops because I thought someone was being murdered. 

We have them and I just couldn’t think of anything else it could be. Didn’t sound like one but I had no idea a fox sounded like this lol. On top of it sounding like a damn car alarm in the house it was so loud 

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Just now, Apolloshowl said:

Interesting... The foxes i have come across have been pretty playful even with our dogs or really shy. Bet getting back to sleep was fun!

I’m an easy sleeper. Can sleep through a lot after the navy and quickly. Wife struggled though lol. I’m ready to golf!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Got woken up last night at 1. Our windows we’re open because it’s been 70s during the day and cool at night so it’s been pretty awesome. Well this what I said sounded like a “kaw” kind of like a crow but more high pitched.

looked out the window and there were 2 things 5’ from the window couldn’t tell what it was. I thought fisher cat but wasn’t what I’ve heard before it just looked long and lanky and then what looked like a house car. I would have thought the fisher cat would have made wuick work of a house cat.

looked up a few different animals this morning. Ended up being a fox. I guess it was kind of like a play bark because the cat was trying to get away, didn’t think foxes attacked house cats.

sounded just like this, scared the crap out of us

Well that’s creepy as hell at 1 in the morning. I would have never thought that sound would come out of a fox. 

• Like 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

We have a lot of fox around and get a lot of those calls around us.  They'll give an even higher pitched one that sounds like a little kids scream....creepy!  

It has been wildlife week around here....a 4' black snake that needed to be relocated and a snapping turtle I found in the shade under the car that was taken down the hill to the stream.  Two nights ago an owl was in the backyard making calls for about an hour.  They are surprisingly loud when they are that close!  

And a sad and gross one to top it off.... Last weekend we started smelling the dead critter smell around the pole barn.  It wasn't too bad and I started looking for the dead opossum behind the buildings or snake that got tangled in the landscape netting kind of thing.  I was away on long day trips most of the week but my wife commented a couple nights that it seemed to be getting worse especially with the 95* heat.  I was home yesterday, looked around again and found the source in the back corner of the pole barn on top of my coal pile.  A horribly decomposed, surprisingly flat, bad smelling fawn.  I could only tell that's what it was from the small patch of brown fur with white spots.  I can't figure out if the doe had it stillborn in there or if it wandered in there itself and couldn't find its way out or was sick but either way its very strange to me for a wild deer to wander into a building like that.  All I do know is it's going to be tremendously gross to remove it from the coal pile.  🤢  There is a lot less smell this morning, I am in no hurry to tackle that job.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Got woken up last night at 1. Our windows we’re open because it’s been 70s during the day and cool at night so it’s been pretty awesome. Well this what I said sounded like a “kaw” kind of like a crow but more high pitched.

looked up a few different animals this morning. Ended up being a fox. I guess it was kind of like a play bark because the cat was trying to get away, didn’t think foxes attacked house cats.

It's comedy...I can't look at that little guy and think this is his real voice.

• Haha 4
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

We had a den pretty close to our previous house. The kits were especially fun to watch in the springtime. One big advantage of having them around  is that they kept the mice, etc at bay. In the winter time they're a bit easier to spot - here's a pic I took of one just sitting on Lake Erie ice (from several years ago). 

image.png.284885e15a6d7224c4acd932635401fd.png

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

54 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I couldn’t believe it. Seen a million never heard them. Just wish it wasn’t at 1 am.

like @Shapotomouswe have had a lot of wild life lately, more than usual.

tons of snappers laying eggs in the mulch, had a tree frog on the window the other night. Peepers are out in full force (love those guys at night) several hawks and snakes and of course the rarely seen gunner

81EDB502-51C7-43BC-AEE1-EA097030D76F.jpeg

51F76951-4ABD-478F-8981-AAC7E8AF6D3B.jpeg

0A220A76-E4DB-480C-A331-FDC45D22BDA0.jpeg

Got to love the domesticated yard hippos. Basking in the sun with zero worries in the world 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I’ve never seen any aggression from Fox either here in FL or CT.  They are very curious though.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

A friendly reminder not to mess with lightening:

thumbnail_IMG_5355.jpg.9b25a7e3f9afe92dc77f99c39e199193.jpg

We had a small thunderstorm blow through yesterday.  This tree took a direct hit.  Some of the bark was blown into the middle of the fairway, about 30 yards from the tree.  Glad I was safely inside when the storm came through.  

• Like 5

I’m super tempted to trade in my car right now and get a cheap driver for a while until things calm down with car buying. 
I can’t look away from how much more trade in is valued right now…….

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I’m super tempted to trade in my car right now and get a cheap driver for a while until things calm down with car buying. 
I can’t look away from how much more trade in is valued right now…….

It's probably just me who is easily entertained and right now by "trading in a car for a cheap driver", if you did do that "what would they have to drive?" 🤣

Seriously though, hoping your trade in has enough value for you to spring for a really good driver on discount or great used condition.  A family member had her lease pulled ahead with more than a year left on the lease and went into a better equipped new same model vehicle at lower payments, nothing down and that suggests an unmet demand in the used vehicle market. 

• Like 5

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27 graphite, Ginty Trouble Club steel

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1       

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] "playing the best found balls" -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member 2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png  "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

6 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

It's probably just me who is easily entertained and right now by "trading in a car for a cheap driver", if you did do that "what would they have to drive?" 🤣

Seriously though, hoping your trade in has enough value for you to spring for a really good driver on discount or great used condition.  A family member had her lease pulled ahead with more than a year left on the lease and went into a better equipped new same model vehicle at lower payments, nothing down and that suggests an unmet demand in the used vehicle market. 

The trade in. Market is insane. I have an offer on the table for substantially over what I paid for it 1 1/2 years ago. I’m ok with driving A to B right now if it means large profit and I can use that to upgrade when the chip debacle settles down.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

My MotoCaddy M7 review is up for those interested in electric carts. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 6 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Evnroll 
 ER2 Putter

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

The trade in. Market is insane. I have an offer on the table for substantially over what I paid for it 1 1/2 years ago. I’m ok with driving A to B right now if it means large profit and I can use that to upgrade when the chip debacle settles down.

As someone who just had to buy a van,thank you third baby on the way. Our trade value went up 3000 in the past month or was crazy. If it was not so hard to find a van I would have waited even a bit longer things are insane right now.

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed