Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Used Golf Balls…Thumbs up or down?

I have bought used balls from LostGolfBalls.com for years. I have bought both Mint condition and Refinished. (They guarantee the refinished ball is what it says it is. If it's a Pro V1, it is a Pro V1, not a lesser ball). I had one instance with Mint balls that had 4 or 5 lesser balls, but usually that was not the case. The Refinished balls have been excellent and I can't tell the difference from new other than they are all numbered 1. The price of the refinished balls beat the DTC balls by a mile and the Mint balls are still a better price. 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I did it once and it was okay, but I don't intend on ever doing it again. With so many good DTC brands like Vice and more which have great deals on golf balls that perform really well there is little to no need to buy used golf balls where there is the uncertainty of the true quality or how old/long they have been lost and found for.

What he said ☝️There's so many good and affordable choices of quality balls out there that I don't see the appeal of used golf balls anymore. 

If you loose a lot of golf balls during a round or use them to practice.  Could be the answer.  Go for it.  👍  Where I play most of the guys find theirs's on the course.  Play in a senior men's league.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

1 hour ago, Ramon Rivera said:

I’ve bought used balls and have so far had a good experience. Especially when I purchase balls listed as in “mint” condition. I’ve purchased premium make golf balls at up to $20 dollars less than what these are listed for in the commercial market. I agree that Vice and others make excellent golf balls, but so far I give a thumbs up to purchasing off the used market. 

copuldn't agree more and they seem to go in the woods just as good

Echoing some of what's been said above; I get pro v1s from LostGolfBalls.com for year round general play, also sticking with "Mint" condition. There's obviously some variability to be expected but on my normal weekend rounds I'm ok with that. If I get one that is scuffed up or feels/looks odd, I throw it in the shag bag.

This basically gives me room to stock up on new ProV1s for less than full price whenever available, whether it's the rare deal or if I have a gift card or pro shop cash to use. If I'm playing in any kind of tournament or event where I need to ensure quality, I'll use the brand new ones then.

Best of both worlds in my opinion...

Driver:     Titleist TSi3 - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X

Woods:   Sub70 949x - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X

Irons:       Sub70 639 Black MB 4-P - TT DG X100 ; Sub 70 699 Pro 3i

Wedges: Sub 70 286 52* & 56* ; Sub 70 JB 60*

Putter:     Scotty Cameron Newport

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1

They're not that great of a savings.  I quit buying them years ago.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

The biggest issue I see with used balls even when purchasing the highest grade/same model/same year ball is that they won't come from the same batch or lot. If you care much about your 2nd or 3rd ball performing like the 1st, this matters - even with Titleist. Used golf balls just create another layer of variability in a game with plenty of variables already and, as others have mentioned, there are plenty of affordable options in the tour urethane category to negate such a purchase. If you want some quality balls to practice with that's one thing, but I'd still prefer to just cycle in balls I've retired from my own bag and replenish those with new.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

10 hours ago, skyryder said:

Curious what are the feelings about buying “used” golf balls from someplace like Used Golf Balls website.  My understanding is these are NOT refurbished balls ( a NO-NO) but I am thinking that maybe they are balls used on the range at professional or higher end amateur events or something similar.  Any input is appreciated.

Many here have brought up good points which directly bear on if used, new, cheap, premium, are right for you.    I provide this only as an example to point out why I would not buy used premium balls, and will continue to purchase New Srixon Z-Star  XV balls(which are 4 piece Urethane Balls.

Z-Star XV's start every year at $45 a dozen, I bought 4 dozen in December 2022, they were $40( with $20 off a $100 or more purchase from Dicks, I got them for $35 a dozen).  Now after the first of the year you can simply purchase "2021"  versions for $35.  I looked on Used Golf Balls, the 48 ball bucket (5A) Srixon Z Star XV's are listed at $112, or 28 dollars a dozen.

I played 43 rounds in 2022 at a cost of $1281, and I lose right round 4 dozen a year.  Here is the Math:

Used:  $1281 + $112(4dz lost balls)=$1393/43(rounds)= $32.39 per round.

New : $1281 + $140(4dz lost balls)= $1421/43(rounds)= $33.04 per round.

That is $0.65 a round.  For $28 dollars a year I choose to eliminate some possible negative variables, which come with the used balls.  I am not preaching, and I understand that each individual is different, and their circumstances are different(cost, # of rounds), and how they view the game of golf as a whole is different. Many, many things impact why one golfer chooses to use one ball over another.  I present this just as a point of consideration.  Depending on how many rounds you play in a year, the cost of those rounds, and how many balls you actually lose in a year the savings, of using used, or new middle of the road balls in the $25-$30 range may not save you as much as you think.  

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

33 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

Many here have brought up good points which directly bear on if used, new, cheap, premium, are right for you.    I provide this only as an example to point out why I would not buy used premium balls, and will continue to purchase New Srixon Z-Star  XV balls (which are 4 piece Urethane Balls.

Z-Star XV's start every year at $45 a dozen, I bought 4 dozen in December 2022, they were $40( with $20 off a $100 or more purchase from Dicks, I got them for $35 a dozen).  Now after the first of the year you can simply purchase "2021"  versions for $35.  I looked on Used Golf Balls, the 48 ball bucket (5A) Srixon Z Star XV's are listed at $112, or 28 dollars a dozen.

I played 43 rounds in 2022 at a cost of $1281, and I lose right round 4 dozen a year.  Here is the Math:

Used:  $1281 + $112(4dz lost balls)=$1393/43(rounds)= $32.39 per round.

New : $1281 + $140(4dz lost balls)= $1421/43(rounds)= $33.04 per round.

That is $0.65 a round.  For $28 dollars a year I choose to eliminate some possible negative variables, which come with the used balls.  I am not preaching, and I understand that each individual is different, and their circumstances are different(cost, # of rounds), and how they view the game of golf as a whole is different. Many, many things impact why one golfer chooses to use one ball over another.  I present this just as a point of consideration.  Depending on how many rounds you play in a year, the cost of those rounds, and how many balls you actually lose in a year the savings, of using used, or new middle of the road balls in the $25-$30 range may not save you as much as you think.  

We agree on golf balls.  These are the best balls going for the price.  

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I did it once and it was okay, but I don't intend on ever doing it again. With so many good DTC brands like Vice and more which have great deals on golf balls that perform really well there is little to no need to buy used golf balls where there is the uncertainty of the true quality or how old/long they have been lost and found for.

Really agree here! Two of our local clubs used to have found balls at the counter, usually .25/ea, $1.00/ea for premium balls. Those bins stayed pretty full the entire year. Even the older generations have caught onto the DTC companies, imo. 

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

My wife and I play yellow balls and were using Snell before 2020.  Over the last couple of years yellow has been hard to come by so we looked for alternatives and settled on MaxFli Tours.  We looked for used ProV1 and find those available from golfballsdirect.com to be very good.  We've also ordered other brands and models from there and never had a problem.

If you want to give used balls a shot there is good information in this thread:  Forum Topic 54842: lostgolfballscom-mint-condition-aint-what-it-used-to-be

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5* - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Regular
:ping-small: G425 3Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Hybrid 7 - Regular

:ping-small: G425 5i-PW (bent to old school lofts, similar to Ping's Retro Spec) - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:ping-small: G425 50* wedge - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 56* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Black
:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 7S, Garsen Quad Tour non-tapered grip
Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
Shot Scope X5 watch; Bushnell Pro X2 Range Finder

Really?  I mean, really????  New are so cheap, so many, choices, colors, etc.  How much money is in your clubs, your greens fees, beer or cigar???   But I scoop up found balls when I play, and in the late evenning dusk, with no one behind me, I go to a wide fairway and hit a bunch of tee shots and leave them.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

2 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Really?  I mean, really????  New are so cheap, so many, choices, colors, etc.  How much money is in your clubs, your greens fees, beer or cigar???

Agree 100%.  I've tried to point this out. That new $500 driver is actually adding  $8.33 to the next 60 rounds played.  But I'm going to save $1.49 per round buying used 5A Pro V1's,  or $.65 cents a round for  Srixon Z-Star XV's.  Golf balls are 'Too Expensive"!  It is just one of those things in golf that just won't end!

By the time you calculate as you said, greens fees, equipment, clothing, food and beverages purchased at the course,  All of that when calculated as adding to the cost of a round are all more than the cost of a couple new, EVEN premium golf balls, lost per round.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I have purchased Pro-Vs, Bridgestone B series, TaylorMade mint balls averaging around $2.00 per ball including shipping when the new versions are now a bit over $4  per ball. I  can't tell the difference between a new ball and the mint used ball except sometimes you might get a logo ball and I don't care. I carry around a 8 handicap and my Scotch Irish heritage prevents me from paying more than twice as much for something when it seems like i can get the same thing for less. I do purchase the Maxfli balls when I buy new as they are fantastic even with the recent bump in price - I generally get two dozen for $60.

The only real pain is that to get free shipping you generally have to spend $80 - $90 but I don't mind stocking up for the season.

I like the amount of spin I can get around the green with the premium balls, but I am never going to spend $50 a dozen for balls.

I have ordered from both LostGolfBalls and FoundGolfBalls with success at both.

Edited by Bill Hendry

• Titleist TSR3 Driver - 9.75 degrees
  • Taylor Made Mini-Driver 13.5 degrees
  • Ping G30 5 Wood
  • Ping G30 4 hybrid
  • Mizuno MP20 - MMC irons 4-PW - Nippon Stiff shaft, Z-grip grips
  • Titleist SM7 Wedges 50, 54 
  • Ping Cadence TR B65 Putter
1 hour ago, LebanonOz said:

If you want to give used balls a shot there is good information in this thread:  Forum Topic 54842: lostgolfballscom-mint-condition-aint-what-it-used-to-be

Yup  - I use to be a proponent of lostgolfball.com but then DTC came into the picture. Snell, Vice, etc. and have never been back to lost balls. Brand new Vice Pro Plus for 29/doz. and you know they haven't been in the water or shanked into the woods. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

When I was a higher handicap player and frequently lost balls in the woods or dumped them in the ponds or cut them (balata era), I had no issues buying used golf balls (even getting X-outs).  As I got better, my preferences for golf balls evolved and I became more conscious of what ball I played. Now, I just prefer fresh, new golf balls.  

Last time I bought used golf balls was maybe 5 or 6 years ago when a kid was selling them from just off one of the tee boxes.  He wanted $1 per ball so picked out 5 balls, gave him $5, returned those 5 balls and gave him 5 more used ones from my bag and gat a big "thank you, sir" from his smiling face. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I use LostGolfBalls.com and GolfBallsDirect.com. I normally get the 5A Pro V1's. I got 4 dozen at Christmas from GolfBallsDirect.com for about $23 a dozen. I've never had an issue of playability and losing one in the woods or water is not as painful. I've also tried Bridgestone Tour B RX and at much cheaper prices gives me the opportunity to try new brands. I had an issue once with LostGolfBalls.com order. The balls didn't seem to be the 5A that I paid for. I contacted customer service and they sent me replacements of the ones that were not what they should have been.

Few years back I bought some used/refurbished Z-Stars and ProV1s.   I don't remember hitting any great shots with them or hitting any bad shots either, that I would say, "hey if that wasn't a used ball, it would have been in the hole...." or "damn if that ball wasn't used, I wouldn't have sniped it into that's lady's patio.."

Well I guess I did hit some bad shots with them because they are long gone but since then I got informed by others, maybe even by some on this website, that used golf balls may not perform as well for various reasons and I now will not use them even to the point if there is a bark mark/cart path bruise etc I will not use it anymore.  

Actually I never hit a great shot and say, "good thing that was a new ball..".   I do hit some (maybe more than some) awful shots and the last thing I would think of is that the golf ball is the problem.   

If we use that "Archer/Arrow" analogy, did the archer get away with blaming the miss on the arrow?  Or give the arrow credit for a hit?  Or was he too busy ducking?

I've been buying used balls, mostly Pro V's for a few years now. I have zero complaints. I always buy the mint quality balls and usually when they are having a great sale such as Black Friday. I'll pick up 5 dozen at around $25 or less a dozen and free shipping. Nothing wrong with that. Plus, it's a few less pieces of plastic littering the planet.

22 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

New are so cheap, so many, choices, colors, etc.  How much money is in your clubs, your greens fees, beer or cigar???   But I scoop up found balls when I play, and in the late evenning dusk, with no one behind me, I go to a wide fairway and hit a bunch of tee shots and leave them.

... I never smoked and don't drink alcohol so I have even more money for golf balls. 😇  As you and others have stated, new balls are inexpensive compared to most of golfs expenses. If I were a high index player, I would be using Kirkland balls at $15 a dozen or Maxfli Tours at $30 a dozen or some of the older ball deals like Trispeed and Trispeed Tours for a price somewhere in-between. There are always bargains on new balls if you look for them. 

... If I am a good player, I don't want that one ball that curves into a hazard because that "mint used ball" was defective. Even if that is one ball out of a dozen or two. If I am a high index player I really don't want a ball curving into a hazard when it wasn't my fault. Hard enough to hit good shots with good swings and when you do if the ball doesn't cooperate it could be very confusing instead of rewarding. 

... In the end it is your money and your golf game and while many of us may give our strong opinions as to why used isn't the best idea, if you are happy with used or just want to believe "mint" means it wasn't a new ball that was hit in the water with the first swing and then sat there for a year but looks great to your eye, that is certainly your prerogative. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

22 hours ago, CarlH said:

When I was a higher handicap player and frequently lost balls in the woods or dumped them in the ponds or cut them (balata era), I had no issues buying used golf balls (even getting X-outs).  

Ah, I remember those days, having about 35 balls in the leather bag wondering if you had enough balls to complete the round.  Hilarious looking back...

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

I’ll stay away from refurbished. I will shell out the lineup if needed for pro v1s. If things get tight or I’m loosing balls left and right I didn’t have a huge issue with the vice pro plus. Recently I have the best deal in town with my in laws living on a course, part of the house sits on the last shot of a par 5 and then the other part is in a par 3 with a lake. I never thought I’d find so many premium errant balls. Plus they have an 18 foot ball retriever for the lake!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

On 1/6/2023 at 5:09 AM, EasyPutter said:

I think it has to do with the retailer with the used balls and what their business model is like.  If it is just repackaged balls that were sorted for best quality then those would be no different than those stray, lost, neglected balls that every official and unofficial IGBRC member recovers and puts back into play.  If anything more is done with the balls such as repainting rebranding or some other intentional conditioning then those are to be avoided.  

^^^This^^^.  Some reputable sources are worth the savings and involve low risk on performance.  Generally, so long as balls haven't been submerged for extended time, they're fine... or at least from the standpoint that 99% of the forum wouldn't notice a difference on the course.  So "thumbs up" for me if acquired from well known/trusted sources.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 1/6/2023 at 2:52 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Really?  I mean, really????  New are so cheap, so many, choices, colors, etc.  How much money is in your clubs, your greens fees, beer or cigar???   But I scoop up found balls when I play, and in the late evenning dusk, with no one behind me, I go to a wide fairway and hit a bunch of tee shots and leave them.

I'm guessing you make six figures a year...lol. Some of us don't. Some of us find ourselves having to be financially frugal and creative to get by and still be able to play the game we love. Just sayin'...............................

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

I'm guessing you make six figures a year...lol. Some of us don't. Some of us find ourselves having to be financially frugal and creative to get by and still be able to play the game we love. Just sayin'...............................

Nope.  I am a grocery store checker, in California, in the Food & Comml Workers Union, make $51 thou.  In California.  where everything costs a bit more and  . . .     . . .    . . . At least, I live and work near Callaway, Titleist, Evnroll, Torrey Pines, etc. etc. 

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

My background is in the manufacturing and testing of golf balls. Golf ball initial-velocity does degrade with time (about 1 yard for every feet/second loss). The environment the golf balls are exposed to will have a direct impact on, what I call, "performance loss factor". For instance, a hot and/or wet environment will have the highest "performance loss factor" on golf balls.

Having said that, most high handicappers will not be able to discern performance loss on "refurbished/old golf balls" due to their lack of distance/dispersion control of their shots.