Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

10 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

One minute you are on top of the world and then boom .....lol

The game of golf truly mirrors our lives!

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

7 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Sorry to hear that , we are starting up out match play event next weekend and I am having to give 10 strokes to start with , if I could fine tune my irons before then I’ll feel very confident in a victory in my first match . The tee ball is fantastic , putter and chipping have really come around with the Bermuda growing in . I’m excited to start out with confidence and a great feeling . 

One of my playing partners won the whole match event last  year and we typically feed off one another .

that is one nice thing about the scratch league, no strokes given

committed to performance excellence

6 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

that is one nice thing about the scratch league, no strokes given

Yes, I'm trying to whittle my cap back down to around +1 to 1 , in order to compete in the same type of league at my home course, as well. The match play that I mentioned earlier is an event sponsored by our course. I made it to the last four men (semi finals) last year and hope to take it all the way this year. we have four different men's leagues ( one being the scratch league), that I'm  trying to navigate too. So that leaves me having to pick and choose which  to play in. Anyway, good luck in the future!

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

3 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Yes, I'm trying to whittle my cap back down to around +1 to 1 , in order to compete in the same type of league at my home course, as well. The match play that I mentioned earlier is an event sponsored by our course. I made it to the last four men (semi finals) last year and hope to take it all the way this year. we have four different men's leagues ( one being the scratch league), that I'm  trying to navigate too. So that leaves me having to pick and choose which  to play in. Anyway, good luck in the future!

those interclub matches, IMO are a real bonus of membership for me, I am happy to see your course and area do similar events as we do. We have 4 different men's leagues as well, Men's scratch (I call this the flat belly league) Senior men's scratch (round bellies) Men's handicap (open to anyone but usually played in the later afternoon so working guys can play) then Senior handicap (usually played anywhere from 11am to 1pm). So lots of options available. Usually an "A" division and a "B" division, highest point team from "B" moves to "A" and vice versa so there is incentive to play well as the "A" division usually gives you better competition. It is cheap and allows us to play 4 or 5 different clubs in the area and we get dinner or lunch after the round, it is just a really good system as far as I am concerned. 

In our case at our club we dont have many "scratch" players so a 2.2 index that you have would probably make the scratch league. One of our clubs in the area have 40 players with scratch or better indexes so yes, they have a strong team lol...

committed to performance excellence

49 minutes ago, birdiesandbags said:

Ended up carding a 45 in my spark league round last night , but made  my first eagle WOOH!!! Had a high risk shot behind a tree . But hey make the best of it . Driver,hybrid,puttimage.png.5060e6e2fc1807a67db461b618e0ba47.png

What app is this? Pretty sweet compile of the hole.

-Todd

Peace and Love! ✌️🤞

Current WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 S Flex

Woods/Irons: Callaway X24 S Flex

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Just now, NorCalCamper said:

What app is this? Pretty sweet compile of the hole.

It’s from Garmin there Golf App , I’m currently using it with my Fenix 6 watch , but that shouldn’t matter 

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse 

7 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

those interclub matches, IMO are a real bonus of membership for me, I am happy to see your course and area do similar events as we do. We have 4 different men's leagues as well, Men's scratch (I call this the flat belly league) Senior men's scratch (round bellies) Men's handicap (open to anyone but usually played in the later afternoon so working guys can play) then Senior handicap (usually played anywhere from 11am to 1pm). So lots of options available. Usually an "A" division and a "B" division, highest point team from "B" moves to "A" and vice versa so there is incentive to play well as the "A" division usually gives you better competition. It is cheap and allows us to play 4 or 5 different clubs in the area and we get dinner or lunch after the round, it is just a really good system as far as I am concerned. 

In our case at our club we dont have many "scratch" players so a 2.2 index that you have would probably make the scratch league. One of our clubs in the area have 40 players with scratch or better indexes so yes, they have a strong team lol...

😂 love the “ Round belly “ league 

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

I haven’t been posting as much lately, because it seems repetitive to come in every day and say basically the same thing, oh, I shot a 77 today and made some great shots, blah blah blah…

so, I did shoot a 77 today, and blah blah, but the point of interest is in how strong my grip has become of late. Just a continuance of the “Hanson Hybrid“ grip development.

lots of new faces and names I'm seeing, so welcome newbies… I’m just an old dog popping in to say hello…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

10 hours ago, birdiesandbags said:

Ended up carding a 45 in my spark league round last night , but made  my first eagle WOOH!!! Had a high risk shot behind a tree . But hey make the best of it . Driver,hybrid,puttimage.png.5060e6e2fc1807a67db461b618e0ba47.png

Congratulations on the eagle, awesome!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 hours ago, birdiesandbags said:

Congrats on the Eagle!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

11 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Wtg on the eagle @birdiesandbags !!!

Today was a first on many levels for me playing golf...

I played a local benefit scramble tournament today and was part of a 4 man team from the PD, just one team of many from work. There were 55 teams total iirc across 8 departments participating. We'll over 200 players. 2 of the guys I work with are newer to golf, and the one is a coworker on my sqaud, they are 25 hcps Avg

We started out with birdie birdie, then 1 team mate hit for an eagle.

i had 2 natural birdies and a natural eagle!!! 465 yd par 5. Caught the downhill side of what should have been a nasty ob hook, and it kicked right and rolled 30 more yards into the middle of the fairway.  165 to pin, hit a low straight shot with the 4hy, and it rolled 4 feet from the pin. They let me putt for the eagle.

We placed 9th overall, but with hcp adjustments took 3rd at the final tally!!!

Got my 1st golf trophy too!

Since it was a charity event, naturally we bought a few mulligans,  and a ton of raffle tickets for bonus things like throw the ball, drop a stroke, etc.

We only ended up using 2 mulligans and 3 throw a ball. We had to declare it to the tee Marshall before we teed off on the par 3s ans par 5s. We forgot about the drop a stroke tickets though!

One of the guys used a throw a ball ticket after coming up short on a par 3 (186yards) he was 20 feet from the pin, and I came up short too off the drive. He underhand tossed it and it rolled into the cup. While not a technical ACE, on the card it was!!!

The DB performed very well, sinking 10 of the 18 holes we played!

Overall it was a great day, I'm slightly over heated as it reached 91⁰ out, even though I stayed plenty hydrated.

20240425_114838.jpg.95ef0772f9d8fbb5ef3ae2815bed513f.jpg20240425_114821.jpg.fea3a81df5bcda5c660a078ada0810c7.jpg20240425_145831.jpg.ea831b600d64394475b81cf39bd2884f.jpgScreenshot_20240425_180116_Studio.jpg.c366d752acd0397c164c67ccbbf676c5.jpgIMG_3004.jpg.b5ee9d2022b77ac705c26e53c1f6360c.jpg

Really didn't have a ton of opportunities for pics. But managed to get a couple in.

20240425_120528.jpg

Looks like a great day @Rob Person and an awesome round!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

@Rob Person Looks like a great day. Congrats on the eagle 🦅 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Good morning to everyone. It’s a beautiful morning in South Carolina. I will  be playing at Fox Creek in Hartsville South Carolina where the fairways are wide open but the greens can be so so at times. Hope everyone who plays hits them well. 

Law enforcement officer that loves to play golf at any course I can. When I travel my clubs are always with me.

Got out with my oldest son yesterday afternoon to play 9 and we had a great time. Save for two holes, I played a very solid round and shot a 47. The reason I say this was a very solid round is because that 47 included two triples, including the 1st hole. Early on I was topping everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, with woods. Thankfully, iron striking was solid throughout the round. I had 2 three putts, both on the triple bogey holes. So I played +5 through the other 7 holes. Some highlights from the round:

• On hole 2, 176 yard 6 iron into the wind to pin high just off the green
  • On hole 3, flushed 8 iron 161 yards but slight overdraw and missed the green right, again pin high
  • On hole 7, 251 yard drive but again over drawn, ended up next to a stump. Punched it forward with a 6 iron and was just off the 14 green but a good look at the green on 7. Arguably best shot execution next with a 3H where I hit a high draw that ended up just off the back of the fringe. 52* chip to 1 foot to save par.
  • On hole 8, 257 yard draw to middle of fairway, 3/4 swing 60* to 15 feet, left birdie putt short 2' for par
  • On hole 9, 253 yard drive, slight over draw that kicked down a bank. 6 iron punch to the fairway, 30 yard 60* to the green, 40' lag putt to 2' bogey

A lot of good to take away from the round, and just continuing to work on ball striking and consistency to avoid the blow up holes. I am feeling confident that by peak season, I can be consistently shooting in the low 40s and am aiming to break 40/80 on 9/18 holes this summer 😈

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Got out with my oldest son yesterday afternoon to play 9 and we had a great time. Save for two holes, I played a very solid round and shot a 47. The reason I say this was a very solid round is because that 47 included two triples, including the 1st hole. Early on I was topping everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, with woods. Thankfully, iron striking was solid throughout the round. I had 2 three putts, both on the triple bogey holes. So I played +5 through the other 7 holes. Some highlights from the round:

• On hole 2, 176 yard 6 iron into the wind to pin high just off the green
  • On hole 3, flushed 8 iron 161 yards but slight overdraw and missed the green right, again pin high
  • On hole 7, 251 yard drive but again over drawn, ended up next to a stump. Punched it forward with a 6 iron and was just off the 14 green but a good look at the green on 7. Arguably best shot execution next with a 3H where I hit a high draw that ended up just off the back of the fringe. 52* chip to 1 foot to save par.
  • On hole 8, 257 yard draw to middle of fairway, 3/4 swing 60* to 15 feet, left birdie putt short 2' for par
  • On hole 9, 253 yard drive, slight over draw that kicked down a bank. 6 iron punch to the fairway, 30 yard 60* to the green, 40' lag putt to 2' bogey

A lot of good to take away from the round, and just continuing to work on ball striking and consistency to avoid the blow up holes. I am feeling confident that by peak season, I can be consistently shooting in the low 40s and am aiming to break 40/80 on 9/18 holes this summer 😈

Love reading these posts!  Keep growing ,keep pushing!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.