Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yeah, I always wondered about the connection with golf and cigars.  No doubt some history there... perhaps a good topic for Adam, Tony & crew on an upcoming Podcast?  I can handle cigar smoke much better than cigarettes.  What I really hate is when smokers lay their torches down on the tee and greens leaving burn spots... Come on Man! 😕

What I hate is when smokers lay their cigarette down on the dash under the windshield of the rental cart.  Our course replaced the fleet a year ago and every cart had a burn mark in the same place.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

55 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I've never understood the whole "cigar while golfing" thing. When I'm on the course I want to smell the trees and the grass, not disgusting smoke. 

It's allergy season, and the pollen count is very high this year.  Bad for me.  

I don't mind cigars on the course, but I don't play well while smoking one.  When I was traveling to Russia, I would bring back Cubans.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I don't like any kinds of smoke, period (including weed) but I don't begrudge someone their right to partake in any of those. I just stay far, far away from them if someone in the group decides they want to light up. 

Put me in this camp.  I've never smoked anything at all and don't have the desire to do so.  Although, that skunk smell is popping up everywhere, lol.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Both of my parents smoked. I hated having to ride in the car with them. Every single person on both sides of my family smoked. I couldn't wait to get away from all of them at family events.

I have never even tried a cigarette... or weed, because I refuse to take anything into my lungs, other than air, on purpose. I watched my father die for 10 years from COPD (he smoked 3 packs a day). It is the most agonizing way I could ever imagine to die... it's just brutal to have to watch. Everyone else in my life... relatives and in-laws all died from lung cancer due to smoking. My mother finally quit...cold turkey, before my father died. She is now fighting pancreatic cancer that has spread to her lungs. 

I understand how hard it is to quit the habit, but I would urge anyone to take up the fight and do it, no matter how hard it is. You all mean something to someone... and it isn't just you that is paying the price for your habit. Just something to think about from someone that has lost valuable time and relationships due to smoking.

18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

When I was traveling to Russia, I would bring back Cubans

When I traveled to Russia I was just happy to bring myself back and not have things stolen from my luggage (happened twice)... never liked traveling there or the custom of giving toasts and drinking shots of Vodka at business dinners.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Interesting Rick. I never tried smoking, even once as it always seemed like a really bad idea. But when I was 10 years old, my Mom started and I refused to talk to her until she quit. Almost a week because she was not gonna have a 10 year old dictate how she was gonna live her life. She is 93 and still kicking and thanks me all the time for not letting her get started. 

Everyone in my family smoked when I was growing up except my grandmother.  When I was about 7 years old, one of my uncles came to town to visit.  He had to go to the store to get cigarettes and in 1954 a car was a BIG thing!!  We didn't have one.  So I rode with him to the store.  After he got the cigarettes we were sitting in the car, and I asked if I could have one.  He said "Sure!!"  He lit one up and gave it to me.  That one drag ended my desire for cigarettes.  When we got home, I told mom and she was furious!!  

I smoked my first cigar in Russia in 1995... Cuban.  My last trip to Russia was in 2004, and I have had one or two cigars since.

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

When I traveled to Russia I was just happy to bring myself back and not have things stolen from my luggage (happened twice)... never liked traveling there or the custom of giving toasts and drinking shots of Vodka at business dinners.

One of these days I'll have to write -up one of my experiences with a customer in Minsk, Belarus. I promised god the morning after our dinner meeting, if he could get me through that day I'd never drink Vodka again - and never did. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I never had anything stolen, and always had a great time while I was there.  Good company.  I didn't mind the Vodka shots, but I carefully watch my limit I set for myself.

We brought a group of Russians over here for two weeks for training.  We were in Idaho Falls.  One evening after dinner, I got a knock on my hotel room door, and the they had a bottle of Vodka they had brought overseas with them.  Fortunately, the Russian bottles are smaller than bottles in the US.

On 6/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, Rickp said:

Darn, won’t loademoji33.png
Pic I took of a 5’ Gator this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

New shoes!!!

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

Wife said she wants a boat...

emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

Been waiting for this day!

I'm crying for your wallet 😣

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

35 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

One of these days I'll have to write -up one of my experiences with a customer in Minsk, Belarus. I promised god the morning after our dinner meeting, if he could get me through that day I'd never drink Vodka again - and never did. 

I've got a similar story but it took place just outside of Washington DC and involved Long Island Iced Teas LOL! 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

22 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

New shoes!!!

I'm crying for your wallet 😣

Yup - if you think golf stuff is expensive ....... most of you probably know B.O.A.T stands for Break Out Another Thousand. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yeah, I always wondered about the connection with golf and cigars.  No doubt some history there... perhaps a good topic for Adam, Tony & crew on an upcoming Podcast?  I can handle cigar smoke much better than cigarettes.  What I really hate is when smokers lay their torches down on the tee and greens leaving burn spots... Come on Man! 😕

I have always wondered about what all adheres to smokes temporarily resting on the ground. I always remove my golf course shoes before walking in my house to prevent tracking in fertilizers, pesticides, etc. Just imagine what the cigarettes/cigars also pickup from the greens and tees.  Besides the chemicals, people spit on the course and animals leave droppings. Who wants to then put those smokes back in your mouth - Yuck!

In my entire LGA I can think of only one woman who smokes - cigarettes. When playing behind her, we can always tell where she's been.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

16 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I have always wondered about what all adheres to smokes temporarily resting on the ground. I always remove my golf course shoes before walking in my house to prevent tracking in fertilizers, pesticides, etc. Just imagine what the cigarettes/cigars also pickup from the greens and tees.  Besides the chemicals, people spit on the course and animals leave droppings. Who wants to then put those smokes back in your mouth - Yuck!

In my entire LGA I can think of only one woman who smokes - cigarettes. When playing behind her, we can always tell where she's been.

Hansen and Gretel of the golf course!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

30 minutes ago, silver & black said:

A boat is a big hole in the water that you throw money into. I sold mine...lol.

I had one boat.  25' MacGregor sailboat that I bought used.  After a few years I sold it before I started throwing more money into the water.  Fortunately, I didn't lose much in the process.

... When I was a DJ in Columbus Ga around 1976, I bought a 19' ski boat. A friend had a trailer on a backwater damn and let me keep it at his dock. Huge lake and perfect for skiing after work. So made the downpayment and took out a 5 year loan. When I moved to Philly for 1 year a relative let me keep it trailered at his house. Then going to Chicago I had to pay for a slip in the summer and pay for a storage facility in the winter. It was twice as expensive as my boat payments! So after 2 years of using it less than I would have liked, I sold it. You know the saying, the two best days in a boat owners life is the day you buy the boat and the day you sell it. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I've got a similar story but it took place just outside of Washington DC and involved Long Island Iced Teas LOL! 

My specialty working at the bar. 

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've always told my wife there's two things she'll never have to worry about my buying - a boat or a motorcycle.

For those of you in a relationship and working toward your golfing dream:
IMG_1989.PNG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

20 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I've always told my wife there's two things she'll never have to worry about my buying - a boat or a motorcycle.

So when's the motorcycle arriving 😂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

So when's the motorcycle arriving 😂

Never. Buddy of mine got into a bad accident while riding his Honda in our late teens. I have less than zero desire to ever ride one after seeing what that did to him. No thank you.

... When I was a DJ in Columbus Ga around 1976, I bought a 19' ski boat. A friend had a trailer on a backwater damn and let me keep it at his dock. Huge lake and perfect for skiing after work. So made the downpayment and took out a 5 year loan. When I moved to Philly for 1 year a relative let me keep it trailered at his house. Then going to Chicago I had to pay for a slip in the summer and pay for a storage facility in the winter. It was twice as expensive as my boat payments! So after 2 years of using it less than I would have liked, I sold it. You know the saying, the two best days in a boat owners life is the day you buy the boat and the day you sell it. 🤪

Never heard that saying B4 but I will remember it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

For most of us on here:
IMG_2015.PNG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Went and got all sorts of fishing gear for kids and I... went to a local lake, the only local lake that I can find on a map within 75 miles...

The dang state park is closed. Found an alternate entrance, but on a 90° day packing in chairs, fishing stuff, and whatever else the brought just didn’t sound like a good idea.

Bummer.

So we went to another place, and saw a bunch of fish. Didn’t get one bite.

Golf is so much more fun, at least you get to smack the heck out of a little ball.

First rule is.

A jet boat. My expertise, going on 7 total years of Jet experience.

Eyeing up the Yamaha 21’ Center Console.

Scarab has one too, but I’d need some extra capacity. The Yamaha holds 11 people.

Now I just have to find one that isn’t brand new and in my price range.... so I might be looking for a while.

Alright... so Rule 1 was wrong... there are no rules.

The boat search has gone from a center console to a walkaround/Cuddy cabin.

And I’m not the one doing the searching... 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 6/5/2020 at 11:26 AM, russtopherb said:

Never. Buddy of mine got into a bad accident while riding his Honda in our late teens. I have less than zero desire to ever ride one after seeing what that did to him. No thank you.

I bought my first motorcycle 56 years ago. I had it 2 years before I owned a car.  I'm still riding the one I bought in 2003.  My motto has always been... Don't be stupid, and assume everyone else is stupid.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, tony@CIC said:

Yup - if you think golf stuff is expensive ....... most of you probably know B.O.A.T stands for Break Out Another Thousand. 

My family was out on a neighbor's boat.  I noticed the bilge pump was running a bit more than usual (we're out on their boat enough to know that it seemed off).  He looked at it when we got back to the pier on his lift.  He couldn't figure out out.  He was pretty calm about it though and here I'm thinking water getting into the boat isn't a good thing (we weren't out that far from his house and seeing he's an ex-coastie, didn't feel that our safety was in jeopardy).  I run into him a bit later in the week and he said something boat techy about the problem...but it's a true - he spent a little over $1K in repairs.  He know I want a boat but he keeps on saying just keep good friend who have boats and go out with them...cheaper in the long run, LOL.  Did head out with a buddy on his two kayaks to fish and that was pretty fun...although I caught the same amount of fish that I would normally catch bank fishing, LOL..

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Alright... so Rule 1 was wrong... there are no rules.

The boat search has gone from a center console to a walkaround/Cuddy cabin.

And I’m not the one doing the searching... 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm digging those bowriders with cabins...not digging the $$$,$$$ price though....

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder