Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Callaway Epic Flash Drivers

Hell that's why I bought it!   I heard these Cally's were juiced so I hauled arse to Dick's and picked me one of before they sold out! 
Between the Epic Flash and the Atomic irons, you're going to be the king of distance at your course.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sirchunksalot said:

Between the Epic Flash and the Atomic irons, you're going to be the king of distance at your course.

I'll be tossing 💣 all over the course!  lol 

• Like 2

Thought I'd post this as I'm on the course and stuck behind a group of slow players. Screenshot_20190727-122029-01.jpeg
I haven't hit to many good shots today as my score reflects on the 8th hole. But I did set a personal best drive today. That's the positive so far out of this round. 276 is a bomb for me!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I DID IT! 💣

image.png.40ab0ae31d1b1b9697cfc2df026ecb77.png

First round with the new HZRDUS Yellow (thanks, Callaway Pre-Owned!), and I smashed my personal best drive twice! On the opening hole I nearly drove the green, smashing it 280 yards (landed exactly where I wanted it to and got a great bounce.

Hole No. 3 is a long par 5, and I let her rip! Couldn't believe how far I had to walk to get to my ball!

View from my where my drive ended up on the first hole:

IMG_27072019_215258_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg.d0bd39d0616686754b0b61c59e1f1308.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I need to get my irons where my driver game is:

image.thumb.png.f99cfc3cfc40d1a05c21f3f49c1c7fd0.png

No doubt the Flash helped me shoot a new PB and my first sub-80 round.

• Like 4

I DID IT! 
First round with the new HZRDUS Yellow (thanks, Callaway Pre-Owned!), and I smashed my personal best drive twice! On the opening hole I nearly drove the green, smashing it 280 yards (landed exactly where I wanted it to and got a great bounce.
Hole No. 3 is a long par 5, and I let her rip! Couldn't believe how far I had to walk to get to my ball!

Duddddeeee. That’s a bomb!! Awesome!
My friend has a HZRDUS yellow in a cobra F8. I constantly tell him I’m going to steal it. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ve only played two rounds with my Flash however I can already tell this dog will hunt! It’s a rocket launcher

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I DID IT! 
That's an absolute bomb! Congrats on the new PB.

• Like 1

Have any of you guys shorten the shaft length on your driver?

44 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I have not. I considered it for a while, but recently I've made a few more changes to my setup and swing that have resulted in more consistent contact near the center of the face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ole gray said:

I haven't touched it out on the course since it arrived. I played with the neck/perimeter weight a little bit for my stage 2, but otherwise it's completely standard with the weight in the toe. I've dabbled with the idea of putting an Accra TZ6 in it, but it's hard to imagine that it'll get much better for me personally:

image.png.044620ef7a3ad2d3043a5a0c3c49f870.png

I got 99 problems Flash ain't one

• Like 4

Went out this evening and walked a quick nine.   Dayuuuummmmmm I LOVE this driver !  😍   I cut mine down to 44.5 and I was hitting drives in places I was unfamiliar with.   Center of face contact was sweeter than a slice of apple pie with cool whip!

• Like 4

Moral of this whole journey for me this season: If you want to play better golf, it's worth it to find a qualified fitter.

I've played 72 holes with the HZRDUS Yellow in the Epic Flash and am ecstatic with the performance of the club. Since changing shafts, I've posted 18 hole scores of 84, 85 and 82, nine hole scores of 39 and 44 and my trending unofficial handicap has fallen below 13. The driver has been a huge part of my success. 

My driving performance during four of those rounds (unfortunately GAME Golf somehow lost the 85), has been just under that of a 5 handicap:

image.thumb.png.d987cc909ad09e31fb8ce09637fc26cc.png

During that four round span, I've hit 17 drives 250 yards or longer, including drives of 270, 272, 273, 280, 293 and a new personal best of 301 yards.

If you've been following along from the start of this review, a good drive for me during the initial testing was 240-245 yards. A lot of this is improvement in my swing, but having a club that I'm very confident in is a huge help. I love this club and it's forgiveness.

It was good with the HZRDUS Smoke, but it's been a beast with the HZRDUS Yellow.

I do miss the align grip, as the shaft I have from Callaway Pre-Owned only came with a regular Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound grip. Something I may consider adding back in the future.

• Like 4

I hit this driver for the first time at Golf Galaxy this weekend on the GCquad. Holy geez is this thing ever amazing. I was amazed at the results I was getting with this club. My best drive wen 345 yards on a 123mph swing but that was just crazy for me to see. Definitely going to look into purchasing this club in the off season hopefully i it gets a nice sale.

• Like 5

I've had several rounds in with this driver and it's the real deal.   Best driver I have ever put in the sack by far! One of my playing partners told me I had better keep that driver as it was money.  I won $16.00 bucks from the ole coots today and the driver was the ticket to success. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1