cciciora13

Twilight vs Morning Golf

Our Sponsors

I'm curious, how many of you enjoy playing in the morning vs at twilight? And Why do you like playing at either of those times?

I love playing in the morning, but don't get me wrong something about twilight as the sun is setting is just so peaceful. I just played twilight last night with my fiance and it was windless and was able to capture some cool photos. It's just so cool as we chase around this little white ball to take it all in now and again.... especially during these tough times.

IMG_3096.jpg.846bc773df79b2fff1337b06c8cf7b68.jpg IMG_3092.jpg.c2084c01d47f99ca350f69282ceb46d8.jpgIMG_3097.jpg.6fb9f27bb593398386742228710b73ef.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I’d rather twilight. I’m usually able to be more “loose” at the end of the day, and courses are less crowded. I LOVE a good twilight rate, and when I’m on the road, I get to play after the work day, and I really enjoy playing until the sun goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I'm a morning golfer. The course has just been conditioned , sand traps have been groomed, no ball marks on the green. If there is still some dew left on the greens you can see your ball trace track left from putting. This helps your green reading for the future.

But I don't mind twilight, just prefer mornings. 

• Like 2

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

I go for mid to late morning. I'm a early riser for sure but I prefer to ease into my day. And the biggest reason for morning golf is the greens. It's all about the greens to me. I do like playing twilight at times but usually the greens are pretty stomped with divots galore. In the summer late; they're also baked.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I am usually dawn patrol, but those twilight nights are fun.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

I prefer late afternoons. The typical round for me is 9 holes after work/school with my son. I prefer to play on week days too and save the weekends for things my wife enjoys doing as she’s not a golfer. 

• Like 1

I enjoy morning rounds... the earlier, the better.  Twilight is beautiful,  but I'm invigorated by morning golf.  Early tee times afford me the luxury of playing an additional 9-18.  After having lunch on the porch and watching the approach shots at the turn,  we are usually motivated to go back out.  

• Like 2

Love twilight golf in the summer as the temps cool and a small breeze picks up. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

I honestly hate playing early in the morning. I don't like the wet, dewy conditions. I love evening golf. Actually, I'll play anytime except early morning, if I can avoid it.

• Like 1

I prefer mornings but I wouldn’t turn down a twilight round either. I’m usually one of the first ones on the course between 6-7 am. It’s better than a cup of coffee and the grounds crew get to laugh at me when I put a ball in the deep rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

I love twilight rounds after work. You have to get the timing right so the setting sun isn't an issue tracking the ball, but that's only an issue later in the summer/early fall. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

I love morning golf. As in first tracks in the dew and seeing the sun rise and the day come alive. 

My schedule has me up at 430am for work so that makes me a twilight golfer. I love having the course mostly to myself and finishing io on 18 almost in the dark. Itdoes get windy and the greens get bumpy, but I can live with that. 

• Like 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I much prefer twilight.  Courses are typically not crowded and its much easier to go out as a single.

Dave

Morning for me.  I like getting out before the courses get crowded and then getting done with my round before noon and having the whole rest of the day to get done whatever else I need to get done.

• Like 2

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Tommy Armour 845 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I’ve always been a morning guy. It’s nice to still have the entire day ahead of you. BUT, if SWMBO wants to do an evening 9 or do a couples thing that cool also.
Before I retired I did very early tee time on weekends. Played almost every Thursday afternoon.
I had a yearly pass at local golf course and if no one was around just did what I wanted to. Played one hole or as many as I could get in. I was able to walk and carry bag then and was a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I prefer playing in the mornings before the courses fill up with players there for a “drunken good time”. 

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I have always enjoyed morning rounds more than twilight rounds. I think the thing about it for me is I really enjoy being able to get up in the morning early when there's dew on the ground and just breathe in the fresh morning air. And then you can watch the sun comes up warming the day as I warm up in my golf game.

• Like 1

I like to play at a decent pace, so depends a lot on public or private.

when public I love to be early in the morning because of avoiding crazy 6 hrs round (yes in NY we got that)

when I was member of a private course, I loved twilight because I was able to have quick rounds.

aside of this pace related issues, both are fascinating..

the morning mist is incredible and the sunset (maybe on a links course near the ocean) mind blowing

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

I play more in the evening.  My course is very busy in the early mornings but then dies down from noon on. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  5-PW :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Modus 120 xstiff

Wedges:   :titelist-small: SM6 56* F grind, 52* M grind

Putter:  :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #3