RYDER CUP WEEK

perseveringgolfer

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on twitter reports, it looks like the US pairings for the first set of matches will be

Tiger/Reed

Spieth/JT

Bryson/Phil

DJ/Fowler

Bubba/Webb

Koepka/Finau

The Bryson/Phil pairing will be one of the most cerebral pairings in team golf history.  The Koepka/Finau pairing will need a tarmac and control tower to protect the rest of us!

I'm shocked they split up the Spieth and Reed pairing that has worked well the past few years

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Me too. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

They were electric on the course. I don't see JT/ Spieth being a good paring. They may be good friends and all that but their games don't compliment one another's.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The Bryson/Phil pairing will be one of the most cerebral pairings in team golf history.  The Koepka/Finau pairing will need a tarmac and control tower to protect the rest of us!

Bryson and Phil = Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde.. literally, the "scientist" (BD) and his "mad-man" alter ego (PM).. Each containing characteristics of the other but with different levels of restraint and objective. I see them whispering to the other "better play it safe".. "no man go for it!" It'll be fun to watch!

Finau and Koepka will indeed be putting on a bomb clinic. I've only seen the course from the Golf Channel (stunning). I know it's like 7100 yds but Is it conducive to the longer hitter or is it more of a mental course with shut out fairways and blind corners? I'm a big fan of Finau so it will be fun to see him do his thing on the Ryder Cup stage.  

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Nooo!!!

If Tiger plays with Reed, I won't be able to cheer for him :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

This is gonna be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Peter Finch posted this earlier today. A good watch...GO USA!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

1 more sleep!

Alarm set for 6am

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Listening to Tony Finau's presser.  He told a wonderful story about growing up poor and having the local pro at a 9 hole 3-par muny give him a set of Majek irons he used from age 9 into high school.  Finau spoke of how he may not be in Paris right now had it not been for that gift.  His family couldn't afford green fees, much less equipment.  His dad still has those irons in the family home.  I love Finau's perspective. 

It goes to show, a random act of kindness can lead to remarkable things.  Kudos to that 3-par muny pro!

Guys, use this contract to ensure a relaxed hassle free weekend of Ryder Cup watching  B)

rc.jpg

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Battle of the boomers with DJ and Rory - love it  :D

I see the first day as 3-1 in favor of the Euros. I think Furyk over thought the pairings. I could be wrong, but some of these pairings are horrible.

I'm the opposite- I see it 3-1 to USA with only Rose and Ram winning their match. Maybe DJ and RM get a half.

Bubbas press interview he said he's been told he's not allowed to get the 1st Tee crowd cheering during his opening tee shot- Thats a shame as it was becoming synonymous with the RC 1st tee and really added to the atmosphere.

I hope some Europeans do it like Poulter or Rory.

The pairings are gonna be fun to watch.  I'm excited to see Justin and Jordan together finally.  

Reed and Tiger is gonna be exciting to watch if they are both at the top of their games.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I'm the opposite- I see it 3-1 to USA with only Rose and Ram winning their match. Maybe DJ and RM get a half.

With the alternate shot format, the only match I see going our way is Spieth/Thomas. I don't think it will be a runaway, there are 2 matches that look to be very close, so I give the edge in both of those to the home team. Rose/Rham win over Koepka/Finau.

Spieth/Thomas over Hatton/Casey, McIlroy/Olesen over DJ/Fowler in a really good match. Also Molinari/Fleetwood over Woods/Reed in another close match. Also we (USA) always seem to struggle in the alternate shot format. The edge in the closer matches will most likely go to the home team, 2-2 would be a really good start fu the USA team. With these matchups, they are going to have to work really hard in 2 of these matches to pick up 1 blooming between the 2. DJ/Fowler and Woods/Reed are the 2 matches that need to work really hard to win or tie. I think the other 2 matches are pretty solid 1-1 for each team. I could be wrong in my assessment of the pairings, but that just how I see it especially with the struggles in this format

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Did Tiger not get convicted of DUI?

If yes,which means he has a criminal record?

Which means he cannot travel?

Which means how did he get into France?

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Europeans will win.

I think they have a stronger team that is playing better right now.

Sorry guys.

And they have one advantage-- they don't have Mickelson.

MGS troll post of the year award  :lol:.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Penny and I are watching the replay of the opening ceremonies - great stuff.

Looked at the match ups I'm clueless as to whom may win. Just so much golf talent present - let's get it started!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Did Tiger not get convicted of DUI?

If yes,which means he has a criminal record?

Which means he cannot travel?

Which means how did he get into France?

Actually very few countries keep people out based on DUI. Canada is top of the list though. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I just don't see Phil playing Foursomes in the afternoon, so that would mean he sits out tomorrow.

He's in the top 6 for birdies made per round this season. He has some bad holes, but with a partner it should be a problem.

Well okay, I've got the morning and afternoon rounds flipped in my mind. Yes it would have made more sense to have him play the morning round and sit the afternoon. I can't see him sitting for the entire day tomorrow. So it looks like Phil and Bryson may pair up in the afternoon, which I don't think is a good pairing either.

I am nobody, but I do think that Furyk has chosen some risky pairings that may not pan out. There were some proven pairings that work, and he didn't put any of them together. Meanwhile the Euros have paired up perfectly together. There are no risky pairings, there is 1 that doesn't make sense, Casey/Hatton, but that's not risky, it looks like Bjorn chose that match as one he was okay with losing. Instead of pairing a tough matchup and potentially losing 2 matches he chose to lose 1. He figured that Thomas Spieth would beat any team he could play. So he just takes the loss. By doing that he has given the Euro team a really good chance to go up 3-1 instead Of a high probability of 1-3. I think Bjorn has given his team a great chance with these pairings.

With the alternate shot format, the only match I see going our way is Spieth/Thomas. I don't think it will be a runaway, there are 2 matches that look to be very close, so I give the edge in both of those to the home team. Rose/Rham win over Koepka/Finau.

Spieth/Thomas over Hatton/Casey, McIlroy/Olesen over DJ/Fowler in a really good match. Also Molinari/Fleetwood over Woods/Reed in another close match. Also we (USA) always seem to struggle in the alternate shot format. The edge in the closer matches will most likely go to the home team, 2-2 would be a really good start fu the USA team. With these matchups, they are going to have to work really hard in 2 of these matches to pick up 1 blooming between the 2. DJ/Fowler and Woods/Reed are the 2 matches that need to work really hard to win or tie. I think the other 2 matches are pretty solid 1-1 for each team. I could be wrong in my assessment of the pairings, but that just how I see it especially with the struggles in this format

remember its fourball in the morning. The foursomes (alternate shot) arent announced until about 11.30 ish so the pairings might change or some pairs dropped completely for the afternoon.

Personally I see Phil and Poulter playing in the afternoon as well as Stenson so I'm pretty sure the teams will change.

remember its fourball in the morning. The foursomes (alternate shot) arent announced until about 11.30 ish so the pairings might change or some pairs dropped completely for the afternoon.

Personally I see Phil and Poulter playing in the afternoon as well as Stenson so I'm pretty sure the teams will change.

I realized that I had the morning and afternoon matches switched in my mind.

Meanwhile the Euros have paired up perfectly together. There are no risky pairings, there is 1 that doesn't make sense, Casey/Hatton, but that's not risky, it looks like Bjorn chose that match as one he was okay with losing. Instead of pairing a tough matchup and potentially losing 2 matches he chose to lose 1. He figured that Thomas Spieth would beat any team he could play. So he just takes the loss.

But neither Captain knew in what order or what the pairings of the opposite team were. It was announced live and confirmation of this stated immediately before announcing.

But neither Captain knew in what order or what the pairings of the opposite team were. It was announced live and confirmation of this stated immediately before announcing.

Yes, but both captains and their staff had a pretty good idea who, and where certain groups would be. I'm not sure who it was, but one of the guys here posted yesterday or the day before these exact pairings. So if we knew here, the captain of the opposing team knew as well. Also, they alternated choosing USA first then Euro, they had their teams picked, Bjorn out the match ups with whoever he wanted. They have a notion of when they want players out, but there are matchups that the Euros cannot compete without leaving themselves vulnerable in the other matches. Look at these matches closely, who is Casey and Hatton going to match up with and have a legit chance to win, I don't see one. So you wait for the matchup to be announced and you put them against whoever you want. That's the way that I see it, and it's not a bad strategy, because Hatton and Casey are both very good and could sneak a 1/2 point. I think Bjorn did fantastic job in his matchups. Again giving up 1 match to out 3 very strong teams out in the other 3 matches for potential wins, not a bad strategy. This is 100% my opinion on it, and the play starts tomorrow I hope I am wrong, but I see most likely a 3-1 in favor of Euros. 2 of the 4 matches I think will be really solid, the other 2 could be lopsided but that's why they play, because anything can happen. The 2 I think that will be close, I give the edge to the home team they know the course better, and the home team always has an advantage.

Archived