Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

COVID-19

bens197

90145935_10157183127958597_230187969070235648_o.jpg.104d4f8251689b530033d7bac1afb929.jpg

Boy did I need that today

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I thought it originated in China? Oh well I've been wrong before. Sorry man.
In the meantime I'm heading out to enjoy a delicious plate of Mexican food. 
Here in AZ, we just call that "food".

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Ok. I may be dumb. But can someone explain the purpose of testing for something they don’t have a cure for?

That’s like playing golf without the golf ball.

For isolation and hopeful containment. It’s not a perfect solution but it helps slow the process.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Yeah, I get that. But why go get a test if you have symptoms and potentially put others in harms way?

Just stay home. That’s easy.

I agree with you, putting others at risk is a big deal. That is why of all testing, the drive-up tests were convenient and have limited exposure. It would reduce any contact with others.

My parents are both retired and I have a 2 year old. I’m nervous for a lot of reasons.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

We had our first COVID-19 fatality in our community; an 80+ year old woman with underlying medical conditions living in a senior care facility.
Sadly, this week one of our golf course maintenance workers wasn't feeling well and went home.  He had said that he wasn't going to the hospital because it wasn't that bad and didn't want to bother them unnecessarily.  He died at home of a heart attack.  

That’s bad, sorry to hear it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We now have 3 people who have Tested positive in The Villages. I hope everyone in TV takes this seriously.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We had our first COVID-19 fatality in our community; an 80+ year old woman with underlying medical conditions living in a senior care facility.
Sadly, this week one of our golf course maintenance workers wasn't feeling well and went home.  He had said that he wasn't going to the hospital because it wasn't that bad and didn't want to bother them unnecessarily.  He died at home of a heart attack.  

Sorry to hear Kenny.

I'd have to bring home my port replicator home from work.  I also live in an older house with limited number of grounded outlets.  Logistically difficult to actually implement.  

You might consider picking up some 24-27” TV’s. They make good monitors these days.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

4 hours ago, 808nation said:

I want to take this time to THANK the doctors, nurses, first responders, and anyone else involved putting their lives and their families at risk to save others. We can't thank you enough and words just don't do justice. Thank you from the bottom of my heart emoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thank the folks working in the grocery stores.  It's a thankless job normally (I stocked shelves for a few years myself), but now it's just crazy.  My local Food Lion is doing over 2x their normal business.

I asked one of the employees when the next truck was coming, and he gave me a huge PROTIP:  They don't know the time the truck will come in, just the day.  So call the store in advance to ask if the truck has arrived and been broken down yet.  I thanked him profusely for that.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I don't know about y'all, but this is so surreal. Some moments hanging out with my wife I completely forget anything's going on at all, then others it feels like the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced, with grocery stores half cleared out and a ton of people staying home. Such a weird back and forth.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I found out my son and daughter in law are sick at home with a presumed case of the Coronavirus.  Both are 35 and healthy overall.  I say presumptive because they can't get tested.  They live in Minneapolis and testing is severely limited.  My daughter in law was exposed at a conference in Minnesota and had a coworker test positive after being hospitalized.   

I freaked out when I heard, but calmed down after talking to them.  My daughter in law came down with it first and is on the mend.  My son is a few days behind, but seems to be recovering.  They say it absolutely sucks.  My son said he walked down the stairs and felt like he had to take a nap.  Luckily, they should recover from it.  

The best news is that they have been self isolating at home for over a week, so they haven't spread it to anyone else, including our other son who lives a couple of blocks from them.  The younger son is on standby to do market runs and to pick up anything they need.  They also say their friends are all volunteering to help.  

I'm in Florida and feel helpless.  What if they were in the 10 to 25 percent of young people that require hospitalization?  What if they hadn't taken appropriate measured and self isolated?  What if they had visited us or their grandparents, or her mother who lives near them and is over 70?  

It's been a surreal day.  I went to the course earlier and practiced the short game and then hit balls.  My wife and I walked the dog to the beach.  And then we find out about the kids.

I don't want to hijack the tread, so I'll say thanks for the concern in advance so we can stay on the topic.  

Stay safe and flatten the curve.  

It’s OK to share the story. Hope they fully recover.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I don't know about y'all, but this is so surreal. Some moments hanging out with my wife I completely forget anything's going on at all, then others it feels like the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced, with grocery stores half cleared out and a ton of people staying home. Such a weird back and forth.

It’s somewhat similar to the gas shortage except worse.

There’s a brand new Osprey nest not far that we can see from our Lanai & Birdcage. We’ve been watching the parents feed the chicks, passes the time and cool to watch.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, alfriday101 said:

I found out my son and daughter in law are sick at home with a presumed case of the Coronavirus.  Both are 35 and healthy overall.  I say presumptive because they can't get tested.  They live in Minneapolis and testing is severely limited.  My daughter in law was exposed at a conference in Minnesota and had a coworker test positive after being hospitalized.   

I freaked out when I heard, but calmed down after talking to them.  My daughter in law came down with it first and is on the mend.  My son is a few days behind, but seems to be recovering.  They say it absolutely sucks.  My son said he walked down the stairs and felt like he had to take a nap.  Luckily, they should recover from it.  

The best news is that they have been self isolating at home for over a week, so they haven't spread it to anyone else, including our other son who lives a couple of blocks from them.  The younger son is on standby to do market runs and to pick up anything they need.  They also say their friends are all volunteering to help.  

I'm in Florida and feel helpless.  What if they were in the 10 to 25 percent of young people that require hospitalization?  What if they hadn't taken appropriate measured and self isolated?  What if they had visited us or their grandparents, or her mother who lives near them and is over 70?  

It's been a surreal day.  I went to the course earlier and practiced the short game and then hit balls.  My wife and I walked the dog to the beach.  And then we find out about the kids.

I don't want to hijack the tread, so I'll say thanks for the concern in advance so we can stay on the topic.  

Stay safe and flatten the curve.  

Our prayers for a speedy recovery! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

... Far from hijacking I think personal experience is essential to understanding and making this real as opposed to a news story. Too many wanna say it is an over reaction by the media when it is impossible to over react to a worldwide pandemic. So many different sayings apply like "plan for the worst but hope for the best" kind of philosophies. Media coverage has nothing to do with someone sick or dying that you know or are part of your family. This is obviously unlike anything any of us have ever experienced and the more we can hear from those that have been touched by this virus in any way, is vital information because again it is so very real and not a news story. Thank you for sharing these painful events and as others have and will say, I hope everyone comes out of this safe.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just read an email from Seamus golf, stepping up in a time of need, here’s a snippet from it:

“Our co-founder, Megan, began researching how to make masks and gowns after we were contacted by the Portland Business Journal to see if we could help the local hospitals. This would result in a shift in our production capacity.

If that takes off, we will carefully make the decision to suspend the making of golf goods in efforts to help with the bigger problem.

We are set up to do it.”

Interesting, great call from Seamus Golf.

Rick

Left Hand, 

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yeah, I get that. But why go get a test if you have symptoms and potentially put others in harms way?

Just stay home. That’s easy.

While I see and agree with your point, testing is helpful in that it allows medical experts and scientists to track the virus' spread. This data - once analyzed and passed on to government authorities - can be used to inform decisions regarding everything from containment of the disease to distribution of medical aide - including treatments or a vaccine once they are identified.

Also, with the government taking so many steps to try and reduce economic impact, a positive test may help individuals seeking additional assistance due to their inability to work or perform other tasks associated with the disease.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

13 hours ago, alfriday101 said:

I hope and pray your kids get better. Based on the various reports I've read, this thing seems to hit people very differently. Hopefully, what you've described is the worst of it for them and they bounce back quickly.

My wife and I are both 32 with an 8 year old and a 2 year old. We just found out that a close friend (who we recently saw) has been tested for COVID-19 and ordered to self-quarantine until results come back. The doctor she saw seems to think she may not have it, but some of her current symptoms match and she tested negative for the flu and strep so the doctor wants to be thorough. We've been inside mostly since this all started, but we'll be extra careful now. If the test comes back positive, then we'll reach out to someone about getting our whole family tested as well.

We're supposed to go home to visit family for Easter which I'm already on the fence about. My dad and step-mom are just shy of 60 and my grandparents along with my step-mom's parents are living with them. No way do we even think about going home if that test comes back positive.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

49 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

We're supposed to go home to visit family for Easter which I'm already on the fence about. My dad and step-mom are just shy of 60 and my grandparents along with my step-mom's parents are living with them. No way do we even think about going home if that test comes back positive.

My parents (early to mid 60s) are planning to return from Florida to Michigan soon, possibly as early as next week. I unfortunately am going to have to tell them I won't be seeing them for at least a few more weeks. Just no reason to risk it. Same for my in-laws and all other family.

As I work for an university that unfortunately had an early spring break (meaning students and faculty were back on campus for several days before we closed, many returning from Europe and Asia), I'm being extra cautious. I am still coming to work, largely because I have a private office in a building that is pretty much empty now, but I have otherwise been hesitant to go anywhere. And when I do venture out for necessary items, I try to go to the same places and distance myself.

That being said, assuming there is a course open this weekend, I plan to social distance myself there. It's going to be cold, but it's one of the few things I can do right now that doesn't seem socially irresponsible.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I found out today that we are shutting down production next week to lessen the chances of us getting sick. The company has been sending anyone home that even remotely seems to have any symptoms. We had one lady on our line that has been dealing with bronchitis for over a month get sent home last week and her badge was shut off until she came back with a doctor's clearance.

It's a relief they are going to do this, as I work in a plant that employs 4000+ people.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Interesting, great call from Seamus Golf.

That is cool and one of many accounts of companies taking actions to help the cause.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

11 hours ago, ncwoz said:

It is definitely surreal.  9/11 was also surreal but within days we pretty much had a handle on what had happened, who was responsible, and had started the recovery.  It's the uncertainty of a pandemic, and a villian in a form so unfamiliar, that makes this all the more concerning.  The positive side of me believes we as a nation, and nations around the globe, will learn from this event and be better prepared for those in the future.  Stay positive.

@alfriday101sorry to hear your news and thanks for sharing.... lots of positive vibes heading to your family.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

21 hours ago, toehold57 said:

You might consider picking up some 24-27” TV’s. They make good monitors these days.

Have a bunch of TV's but we cannot connect them to our work computers per company directives.  Gotta hate those security concerns. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Have a bunch of TV's but we cannot connect them to our work computers per company directives.  Gotta hate those security concerns. 

Would love to hear why

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino