Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

COVID-19

bens197

I am amazed at how lax people have become recently. I had to run to Walmart today, and there were less than a handful of us with masks on. Even saw two women walking in with a baby - couldn't have been more than a year old, no masks and with a baby.

Then stopped by the local hardware store for propane - it was just the cashier and I that had masks on. Social distancing? Nope!

We're fortunate that we only have 25 confirmed cases in our county but that doesn't mean they don't have it. I'll be wearing a mask for a while.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

No kidding. I went to the hardware store yesterday, same thing. Even with the governors order to wear them.

Work too... complacency phase.

Some of the younger guys asked me when it will go back to normal... my answer was “maybe next year”

I don’t think there will ever be a “back to normal”, the way we do things will be changed forever.

Gained about 4 pounds so far over the last 8 weeks. Some of it muscle, most of it not. Need to cut down on the steak and then the snacks. Too many high calorie snacks right now.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I never thought these words would exit my mouth but please do not drink bleach.

I hope you all have a good day and what we used to refer to as a good weekend

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

One of the nicer public courses in the area is one of the few open. They take tee times 2 days in advance. The demand for golf right now is crazy, at least at this course. I made a time last night for Sunday, ALL TIMES WERE GONE WITHIN 10 MINS OF THEM BEING OPENED. At least there are some positives and least for this course. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. I cannot believe that... or isopropyl alcohol...

The question is... who would actually do that though? 🤷🏼‍♂️

... Red hat with white lettering? 😳

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

No kidding. I went to the hardware store yesterday, same thing. Even with the governors order to wear them.

Work too... complacency phase.

Some of the younger guys asked me when it will go back to normal... my answer was “maybe next year”

I don’t think there will ever be a “back to normal”, the way we do things will be changed forever.

I agree. Think I'll be wearing a mask for a long time and washing my hands a LOT! . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Michiganders can finally golf!!

I'll be waiting for awhile unless my league starts up. I'll also need to plan things out around if I'm going to be seeing my dad or my in-laws. Probably going to be a weird golf season for me, but I'll enjoy every minute that I'm able to.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

29 minutes ago, bens197 said:

24 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Who would have thought people would do a lot of the things that they do.   I don't drink bleach,  but dissolved Tide pods make a tasty desert beverage 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I agree. Think I'll be wearing a mask for a long time and washing my hands a LOT! . 

I think we are all going to be changing some of our habits over this.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Who would have thought people would do a lot of the things that they do.   I don't drink bleach,  but dissolved Tide pods make a tasty desert beverage

I never thought there would be anyone that would do that. I was very wrong.

Rick

Left Hand, 

57 minutes ago, Shankster said:

You'd be surprised...or maybe you wouldn't.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I hope you all have a good day and what we used to refer to as a good weekend emoji4.png

Or stick a light down your throat 😱😂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, palvord said:

Michiganders can finally golf!!

I'll be waiting for awhile unless my league starts up. I'll also need to plan things out around if I'm going to be seeing my dad or my in-laws. Probably going to be a weird golf season for me, but I'll enjoy every minute that I'm able to.

I actually called my home course about an hour ago. They're not open yet, but I left a message stating I'd love to buy in to a monthly membership (they offer them for $100/month) as soon as they are able. I play by myself and walk 98 percent of the time anyway, so I can officially "start my season" here really soon. 

The no carts thing is going to devastate a lot of courses around here though. Some are not setup well to walk, others the clientele is not receptive to walking.

Last year the owner said he would give me a deal on a full-year membership, if he offers that again I'd be apt to take it. I'm sure he could use the immediate cash flow.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Who would have thought people would do a lot of the things that they do.   I don't drink bleach,  but dissolved Tide pods make a tasty desert beverage 🙂

I've found a way to mask the horrible taste of this Lysol by spraying it into my cereal! I'm also pressing a UV light against my chest so it gets straight into my lungs

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

I hope you all have a good day and what we used to refer to as a good weekend emoji4.png

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Idiots do this all the time in my city and I enjoy laughing at stupidity. 

15 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

On the good side, my father tested negative for COVID antibodies. Doesn't 100% say he didn't have it when he was hospitalized given his test results and his lack of response to typical pneumonia treatments, but still - good news.

On the bad side, he got the news too late. My grandfather passed away just after lunchtime today, and my dad was not able to say goodbye in person. I'm heartbroken for him. My grandfather (Pepe, since we're French Canadian) was a hell of a guy, and loved golf. He called me one day in his mid 80's after hearing I had just shot over 100 to tell me he had just shot his age that very morning and razzed the hell out of me. He played almost every day until the doc told him that it wasn't good for his heart to be outside in the heat and humidity. He reluctantly only gave up golf just a few years ago after my grandmother caught him sneaking off to play 9 holes.

I'm thankful to the hospital he was in last week for recognizing his cancer had spread too much and there was nothing they could do, so they discharged him to spend his last days at home with his wife of nearly 70 years, and 2 out of his 3 children. He was able to pass with his loved ones with him, unlike so many other poor souls who are finding their last few moments here alone due to quarantine and lockdowns. Sad times, and my heart goes out to anyone who isn't able to say goodbye to those they love in person. 

Sorry for your loss but it is nice he got to spend his last moments at home.

On the good side, my father tested negative for COVID antibodies. Doesn't 100% say he didn't have it when he was hospitalized given his test results and his lack of response to typical pneumonia treatments, but still - good news.
On the bad side, he got the news too late. My grandfather passed away just after lunchtime today, and my dad was not able to say goodbye in person. I'm heartbroken for him. My grandfather (Pepe, since we're French Canadian) was a hell of a guy, and loved golf. He called me one day in his mid 80's after hearing I had just shot over 100 to tell me he had just shot his age that very morning and razzed the hell out of me. He played almost every day until the doc told him that it wasn't good for his heart to be outside in the heat and humidity. He reluctantly only gave up golf just a few years ago after my grandmother caught him sneaking off to play 9 holes.
I'm thankful to the hospital he was in last week for recognizing his cancer had spread too much and there was nothing they could do, so they discharged him to spend his last days at home with his wife of nearly 70 years, and 2 out of his 3 children. He was able to pass with his loved ones with him, unlike so many other poor souls who are finding their last few moments here alone due to quarantine and lockdowns. Sad times, and my heart goes out to anyone who isn't able to say goodbye to those they love in person. 

Sorry for your loss.

Rick

Left Hand, 

32 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Sorry for your loss 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

So sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family.. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Sorry to hear about this, he sounded like a great man. My prayers go out to you and your family. 

17 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Good news for your Dad mate. I'm very sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Modified shelter in place orders extended through 5/31 here on Oahu...
UGH.
Not sure what the modifications are yet, but it can't be good.

I hope this gets cleaned up by July 4th. Just booked a trip to Kauai, 4th - 10th. Hoping to play.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Planned activity for today during stay at home: hit golf balls in new backyard net

Actual activity: going to home depot to buy toilet auger. My son found a way to plug the toilet so badly the plunger has done nothing

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

18 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Planned activity for today during stay at home: hit golf balls in new backyard net

Actual activity: going to home depot to buy toilet auger. My son found a way to plug the toilet so badly the plunger has done nothing

That isn't good and it's not a good way to start the day. At least you're going to the Depot and not Lowe's. We made a trip yesterday to buy a mower for the mother-in-law's house and to pick up gardening supplies for my wife. Home Depot was limiting the number of shoppers inn the store at 75, Lowe's looked like they were allowing 75 per square foot. 

Best of luck to you in fixing the toilet. 

Got off duty this morning and was pleased to see how nice it is outdoors. It’s 60* today so I took a nice walk with the pup and my daughter while my wife is working from home.

Hoping to mow and throw some lines down on the lawn.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That isn't good and it's not a good way to start the day. At least you're going to the Depot and not Lowe's. We made a trip yesterday to buy a mower for the mother-in-law's house and to pick up gardening supplies for my wife. Home Depot was limiting the number of shoppers inn the store at 75, Lowe's looked like they were allowing 75 per square foot. 

Best of luck to you in fixing the toilet. 

Toilet auger worked on the first try, I am relieved.

Home Depot in my area was also limiting the number of shoppers. About 50% of people (employees and customers) were not wearing masks, which was disappointing. 

Updated 07/15/2022

14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Toilet auger worked on the first try, I am relieved.

Home Depot in my area was also limiting the number of shoppers. About 50% of people (employees and customers) were not wearing masks, which was disappointing. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it fixed on the first try. I'm glad they were limiting shoppers, but it is disheartening that more people are becoming complacent when it comes to safety.