2021 Testing Season: what do you want to see?

Our Sponsors

I've gone into full putter ho mode so any mallet face balanced putter would stir up my juices.  Of course excluding those currently in my stall as  I don't want them sweeties getting jealous.  😍   The new Cleveland Frontline putters are drawing my attention!

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Triple Track 10 Putter 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously, big ticket items are fun to read about. But there are small ticket items I would love to see, also: More DTC brands. I think the Sub70 test last year was wildly successful. Would lo

Would love to see a company do a utility iron + hybrid test. Each tester gets both clubs in a similar loft and then testing centers around on course performance comparisons 

Just gonna leave this one here....Will more than happily test a SIMULATOR

Posted Images

Let’s add the ping i59 to the list. 

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I think the Most Wanted FW is due for an update

It is on the list. I asked the other day and it will be after iron testing.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

One word addition:

Motocaddy!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

14 hours ago, revkev said:

One word addition:

Motocaddy!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Speaking of which... what is the market share of titanium/carbon electric trolleys in the US? Brands such as Jucad, Ticad, Kiffe, Golfquant, Galaxy Titan...

IMHO, these are much nicer, lighter and sleeker than Mottocaddy, Powacaddy, Bagboy and the like...

They are pricier though, starting at about EUR 1500 up to EUR 4000... would be cool to have these babies for testing 🙂

image.png.204455c1dab90c5c65f22d09b210f6d9.png

• Like 5

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The new Mizuno E21 wedges. 

• Like 2

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Titleist 818 3 and 4 hybrid 

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

I’d settle for better, more in-depth testing.

For example the LM test reported results but nary a word on why one LM  was better than another.  It was like reading an junior high paper, no details, no depth.

Same for other categories such as the bag tests that just came out.

Tell us why not just pick a winner!

• Like 4
9 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I’d settle for better, more in-depth testing.

For example the LM test reported results but nary a word on why one LM  was better than another.  It was like reading an junior high paper, no details, no depth.

Same for other categories such as the bag tests that just came out.

Tell us why not just pick a winner!

Actually our Forum Testing is the most indepth and quality testing of all forums.  Thats not me saying that, it’s several OEM’s that think so.

If you are talking about Forum Testing Realize that for products like Rapsodo, it’s likely the twsters don’t have another LM to compare it to.   

In addition we stress to the testers that the review shouldn’t be a comparison to something else of the same kind.  It should focus mainly on the product and does it perform and/or do what the manufacturer claims and markets it to do. 

Sounds like you would find the My Golf Spy Buyers guide helpful.  There are buyers guides for several products on the blogs main site. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Alright I'll play. 

•Some sort of long game challenge similar to the Ping challenge

•The new Scotty Phantom Line 

•Mizuno ST-X and ST-X drivers

•Autoflex shaft

•A short game challenge 

• Like 6

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I'd love to see forum user testing of products where fitting isn't a large part of the product selection process. Products like bag designs, rangefinders, training aids, buggies, sunglasses, online custom product option selection websites (like customising your ball graphics), and even products like suncream. These types of products could be given to testers and the tests are less likely to be undermined by it being the wrong type of product for the person.

I think the Most wanted tests like the recently released driver test are better done in that way rather than giving 5 people a wedge and asking them what they think. Sure, you will get information, but there is better data from controlled, systematic testing with those sorts of products.

• Like 2

:cobra-small:            Cobra F9 10.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

:srixon-small:                     H85 16° and 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

:mizuno-small:                    MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 51°, 8° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 55°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 59°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:yes-small:                        Tracy 33"

:srixon-small:                     ZStar XV

SIK putters
Edison wedges
Autoflex shafts

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

The autoflex would be nice, but I’m particularly interested in the new speeder shaft. 

Sik putters would be cool, or some evnrolls. 

I think it would be awesome to test some of the golf exercise programs out there. I think it’d be super helpful to know the people who actually tried them and if the program helped their game and overall wellness. The marketing with those makes it hard to know who to trust. 

Truly can’t beat the return of the CCC5. I stand by my claim from the end of CCC4, if I’m fortunate enough to be chosen, I’ll go to the cobra tour truck for the fitting! I’ll even like all of the @B.Boston memes! In all seriousness though, it was such an engaging feed last year, I hope it comes back and more tests can become that involved from a competition and non tester perspective. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

The new sub70 blades and the upgraded version of the 699’s when they’re released

the smoke RDX shafts

using A review/testing such a driver, irons or wedges combined with arccos to put to test the strokes/shots gained aspect for “chasing scratch”. Using possibly golfers in the low, mid, and high handicap brackets to see how each responds. Looks at equipment and the utilization of arccos

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TS3 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

Of course we must have the Cobra Connect Challenge 5, how about getting Tour Edge involved as they now sponsor the Champions Tour on the Golf Channel, Mizuno, Wilson, Sub70, PXG challenges would be great as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I enjoy most all what I have read so far but for me I would love to see:

Forgiving wedges/dtc club reviews
Utility Club v. Hybrid reviews
Affordable Rain Gear comparisons
Affordable/Budget tech... All of it
Training Aids

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

I'll add another, TXG experience (or CC or golftec) and how things really improve

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

On 2/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sounds like you would find the My Golf Spy Buyers guide helpful.  There are buyers guides for several products on the blogs main site. 

Without a doubt the forum testers provide an in-depth look at products.  They are hands on for weeks or months.  Who doesn’t learn a ton from those folks.

The Buyers Guides do pick winners. The Best Driver and Bag reports are the latest example, right?  Although appreciated often there’s no reason given for why one product is better than another or where one product falls on its face.

We don’t see this as much in big categories such as drivers or irons but in the smaller categories, smaller ticket items we see this a lot.

18 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Without a doubt the forum testers provide an in-depth look at products.  They are hands on for weeks or months.  Who doesn’t learn a ton from those folks.

The Buyers Guides do pick winners. The Best Driver and Bag reports are the latest example, right?  Although appreciated often there’s no reason given for why one product is better than another or where one product falls on its face.

We don’t see this as much in big categories such as drivers or irons but in the smaller categories, smaller ticket items we see this a lot.

I hear ya.  It would be nice on the Most Wanted to hear some individual tester feedback.  How it would be presented is another matter, as you know MGS is all about the data and not so much the personal feedback..like "It's got a good beat and you can dance to it"   testing your age there with that reference , and giving mine away.   

Also we wouldn't want it to be like the GolfDigest comments, "the best feeling driver of bunch"  type of thing.

\

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I hear ya.  It would be nice on the Most Wanted to hear some individual tester feedback.  How it would be presented is another matter, as you know MGS is all about the data and not so much the personal feedback..like "It's got a good beat and you can dance to it"   testing your age there with that reference , and giving mine away.   
Also we wouldn't want it to be like the GolfDigest comments, "the best feeling driver of bunch"  type of thing.

\

I am happy to give my feedback. That said most every club is high quality and subjective feedback from me is that unless I don’t like the sound they are basically the same.
  • Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG