Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

42/37 at Cimarron this morning.  The front felt like a fist-fight and I was losing the total shots landed 😐.  Hole #1 was played perfect except just missing the 12 foot putt for birdie.  I then 3 putted #2 after a FIR & GIR, shorted the approach on #3 par 5 for a bogey, missed the green on #4 par 3 for a bogey.  On #5, the lone tree on the right side of the fairway caught my drive and dropped it... wait for it... right behind the trunk for a near stymie.  That yielded a DB.  I was searching for the bogey trains emergency brake and finally found it, but not it time to save a bogey on #6.  I parred out 7, 8, and 9 and was so glad to turn the scorecard over.

The back went really well.  Bogies on #12 and #14 with a birdie on #17 and the balance pars.  We played 6/6/6, two net scores on each hole.  We got lapped on the first 6, won the second, and tied for second on the final six... netting us each a whopping $2 each 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Todays round wasn't as good as yesterday.  Started off OK; even had a bounce-back birdie on #4 after a bogey on #3.  I like those!  Shot 80...40/40 or +3/+5.  My swing felt decent on the front nine, but fell apart starting on #12... no idea why; just couldn't make good contact.  I did have back2back sandy pars on #12 and 13, but followed that up with a sandy double bogey on #14.  🤣

Again tomorrow?  Sure, why not!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I played 18 this morning and used the TSI 1 as a second drive. I only played out the Aerojets ball and always hit it first. I found that the AJ was not as forgiving and even though it is set for standard with the draw it still had a slight fade. Everything was playable but I wound up either middle or right side of the fairway. The TSI was just straight down the middle.

Not the best of conditions. The humidity was ridiculous again. I'm not used to this humidity yet.

... Nelly Korda has been struggling and after 2 rounds at the Evian she switched back to her TSR1 today and shot a 64, but far the lowest round. Took her from +1 to -6 and in contention. Just sayin' 

.... And yea, high humidity sucks. 🥵

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Squeezed in 14 of 18 holes yesterday (7/29), at a new to me course, St. Andrews. Just a municipal course, but tee times fill up super fast here. Managed to get a 4:30 start, but that ended up turning into a 5:30 start because of lightning delays earlier in the afternoon. No worries! Pro shop let us know ahead of time so we weren't just stuck waiting.

We decided to scramble to get through as many holes as possible, played with my wife, my golfing buddy Chris, and his wife. It was a lot of fun, and the scramble format kept it pretty stress-free for everyone! Through 14 we were shooting 61 (43/18), with two par 4s, a par 5, and a par 3 left.

I tried to keep track of which of my shots of mine we used, and I think it worked out to around 24 of them. Most of my first putts, handful of approach shots from 130-70yds, and a few drives. Driver was actually working for me today which felt really nice, but the ladies were hard to beat from the red tees! Was a lot of fun with everyone getting involved, and working together.

IMG_1710.jpeg.587abb2c839c240f1c4926d7f6953b5a.jpeg

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

1 hour ago, BallsLeon said:

Squeezed in 14 of 18 holes yesterday, at a new to me course, St. Andrews. Just a municipal course, but tee times fill up super fast here. Managed to get a 4:30 start, but that ended up turning into a 5:30 start because of lightning delays earlier in the afternoon. No worries! Pro shop let us know ahead of time so we weren't just stuck waiting.

We decided to scramble to get through as many holes as possible, played with my wife, my golfing buddy Chris, and his wife. It was a lot of fun, and the scramble format kept it pretty stress-free for everyone! Through 14 we were shooting 61 (43/18), with two par 4s, a par 5, and a par 3 left.

I tried to keep track of which of my shots of mine we used, and I think it worked out to around 24 of them. Most of my first putts, handful of approach shots from 130-70yds, and a few drives. Driver was actually working for me today which felt really nice, but the ladies were hard to beat from the red tees! Was a lot of fun with everyone getting involved, and working together.

IMG_1710.jpeg.587abb2c839c240f1c4926d7f6953b5a.jpeg

When you mentioned St Andrews, I immediately thought of Overland Park/ Lenexa area. Then looked at your profile and it confirmed my thoughts. 
Im frequently there on business and played a lot of the courses in that area. I also take customers to the Top Golf there.

Sounds like you had a great time.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played 9 this morning and shot a 48. Felt worse than it actually was. Had some bad second shots after good tee shots that I’d like to have back.

I had a three hole double bogey stretch after getting a par (should have been a birdie) on one. After that I had a bogey, par, bogey, bogey, then had trouble with a greenside bunker on 9 and tripled the last hole. AJ Max driver was not good today, going to be swapping to the TSi3 again for my next round, and over my last 4 rounds with the King 3D Supernova I am losing 3 strokes putting to compared to a 15 hdcp according to Arccos. Going to go back to the Spider Tour Platinum and see if it turns around or not. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

When you mentioned St Andrews, I immediately thought of Overland Park/ Lenexa area. Then looked at your profile and it confirmed my thoughts. 
Im frequently there on business and played a lot of the courses in that area. I also take customers to the Top Golf there.

Sounds like you had a great time.

That's awesome! Small world! Been living in Overland Park since 2018, my wife and I love the area. If you ever need an extra golfer in the area let me know, I'll try not to slow you down too bad 😁.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip

-TJ

I shot an 84 yesterday on the Dye Course in Barefoot Resort, which isn’t a bad score at all for me on this one.

Despite one very lucky short sided flop shot that went in for a birdie, I cost myself at least another 5 strokes by either skulling or chunking easy shots on other holes. I thought I’d solved this problem, but it  had reared it’s ugly head again. It ended up costing me $30 when I finished one point out of first in my flight in a Stableford game. 

On the bright side everything else about my game was good. I was very happy with my full swing, and my putter was working well all day. I sank a couple long ones, and made some very clutch saves for pars and bogeys when I had to.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

Played very consistently today. Nothing spectacular. All pars and bogeys. 40 out, 40 back in for an 80. Rounds like that make me crazy. 1 or 2 less loose shots and I'm looking at a pretty decent score. 

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... Nelly Korda has been struggling and after 2 rounds at the Evian she switched back to her TSR1 today and shot a 64, but far the lowest round. Took her from +1 to -6 and in contention. Just sayin' 

.... And yea, high humidity sucks. 🥵

Gave the drivers a fair shake again today. TSI 1 was the clear victor in the competition. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played again this morning (7/30) at Sycamore Ridge, about 25-30mins south of me in Spring Hill, KS. Pricier course than I typically play, but it was really fantastic. Course was beautiful, challenging design, fancy gps carts, and the staff was very helpful/accommodating. I had booked online as a solo and was paired with a group of 3. That group of 3 ended up being a group of 6 that was split between two tee times, so the starter opted to start me as a solo on the back 9.

I played from the white tees (70/129) and the driver was really working for me, hit 4/6 fairways on the back 9. Ball-striking and getting on the green went alright with 5/9 GIR. Had first hole jitters, and two holes where the group asked me to play through (I royally botched both as I rushed through). Putting was well below average with 23 putts, and that theme continued throughout the day. Ended up finishing the back with 53. 

For the front 9, I had four more join me: an older gentleman who hopped in my cart, two younger guys in their own cart, and fifth course regular in his own cart. Things went pretty well, but before we teed off on hole 2 my cart partner told me, "I'm not a golf instructor but...," and proceeded to coach me up for every shot for the next 8 holes. He's a nice guy/well intentioned, and some tips really did help, but really got me thinking way too much haha. I did a bit of a flip-flop on ball-striking and putting, ball-striking and driver got worse, and I managed to clean up putting by 4 putts, down to 19 putts. Ended up finishing the front with 56, Total 109. 

Other notes: The 52° continues to be the most reliable club in my bag, just wish I had more occasions to swing it. Score differential wise I only have one round better so far, 32.9 vs 34.2.

IMG_1716.jpg.d1388716feb391f01879292b403b91bb.jpgIMG_1718.jpg.c031f5d6b3b01548b54850c5563a72ba.jpgIMG_1719.jpg.18e45317568f659d5c8c9e2c1f01a346.jpgIMG_1720.jpg.5d0fed90f864c571a5eec32f9456d1c7.jpgIMG_1722.jpg.6ebe1b171b04fe28569723d6eb58934e.jpg

-TJ

17 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Gave the drivers a fair shake again today. TSI 1 was the clear victor in the competition. 

... I have said this too many times to count concerning golf swings and equipment. If it works, it works. 👍

dont-go-changing-to-try-and-please-me--you-never-let-me-down-before.jpg.bdb3b2d3231422e572625a2cbafb2fe6.jpg

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We played today with our good friends who are moving to Georgia; might get one more round before they leave.  He's a 5 index and she is a 20-something.  He shot 73 with two birdies... I shot 78 with 6 bogies (+3 on each nine), so a consistent round for me.  Didn't really get into any trouble and managed to scramble pretty well.  I even putted to tap-in range from 10 yards off the green to a close pin; shot just didn't look good with a wedge.

If they have never lived in the south, they will have a rude awakening with the humidity. It is currently brutal, temps in the mid 90's too.

Good Luck to them.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

1 hour ago, GaDawg said:

If they have never lived in the south, they will have a rude awakening with the humidity. It is currently brutal, temps in the mid 90's too.

... 112* today with 23% humidity which is high for the desert. Absolutely no wind and when the cart wasn't moving I was sweating, again rare for the desert. Pretty uncomfortable at that temperature, but nothing like the heat and insanely high humidity I remember from my Augusts in Columbus Ga. 🤪

11 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Good Luck to them.

He's an army guy... Golden Knights parachute instructor.  They are moving to be close to grandkids.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played one of those rounds that makes you not want to play anymore. 101. Hit 1(!!!) green.

A year ago I got down to a 9 HC and have been going the wrong way ever since. I've been seriously considering cancelling my membership and stepping away from the game for a while. It's a bummer because I do love golf, but looking back i'm not sure I've had fun playing for the last six months or so (other than hanging out with the boys). Would save a lot of money and frustration to step away for a while. Could still play once a month or so if i get the itch. Anyone ever stepped away from playing a ton and gotten back into it later?

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

36 minutes ago, Rick Bouchard said:

The Moose Lodge International 3 day tournament was a blast. The event took place in Williamsburg, Virginia. Day 1 was Blue Heron course, day 2 was Black Heath, 3rd day Blue Heron. Got home last night and trying to remember everyone's names that I met and where they're from! Over 110 players!  Anyways, Friday format was 2 person captains choice. Winning score was -3. My partner and I shot -1 good for 4th place. Saturday and Sunday was individual stroke play, which was flighted. I'm in the senior division, B flight. I shot 78 - 82, good for second place. Winning score was 75 - 78 , so not far off. That muscle strain that I've been experiencing for almost a month now, came back and nearly floored me. Hacking out of thick Bermuda rough is not easy!!! Lol. Sharp pain at times takes my breath away. I have to shut it down again, this time for at least 2 weeks! 

Nice round/showing. Bummer about the back muscle.  I just dealt with that issue from early January until mid May.  I should have taken time off right after the initial injury and did not.  Playing through it caused me to develop even worse swing mechanics and protracted the recovery period. Now learned that giving it time to heal is the better plan. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Shot 45 on the front 9 at Langston yesterday and feel like I would have broken 90 if I had been able to keep going. Think I'm going to skip the gym today and play the back 9.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

Play a hole with me. 
*first time filming by myself, it’s really tough managing your game and trying to capture the right shots. Fortunately we didn’t hold anyone up and managed to get these bad shots on film 🤣

First time playing @woodingtonlakegolfclub - first game in over 2 weeks. Felt great to be out there even tho I didn’t shoot that great! 

First shot shot off left but luckily sliced back right on the fringe. Second shot wasn’t terrible, just not an ideal lie for my 3rd shot which was a total chunk. Embarrassing. Got out of the sand on my 4th but left it short of the green. Chipped it, got a good bounce but not the position I was hopping for. 1st putt was solid, only 1inch from the cup. 2nd putt was in the cup. Golf is hard. Filming & golfing is harder. Content creators, how do you do it?!? Tips please! 

Youtube link here.

Edited by MILGolfing

It's always that one good shot that keeps us coming back! Follow me on IG

What's in my bag?

• D - TM SIM2 MAX 
  • 3W - TM SIM2 MAX
  • 5W - TM Aeroburner 
  • 3H - TM Rescue
  • 5-PW - TM P790
  • 52 - TM MG2 
  • 56 - TM MG1
  • 60 - TM MG2
  • Putter - EvnRoll ER7
  • Ball - PV1 or TP5 

+4 on front, and -2 0n back, to tie the days leader. No doubles today! I hope all my chipping practice helped there with that...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I played 18 yesterday afternoon with 90-something temps and 100 heat index.  Still adjusting to my new JPX923s.  Ive tried to hit the range for practice sessions but even practicing at a slower tempo (time between shots), my non glove hand gets wet to where the session needs to end.   

I shot a terrible 88 but 42 on the front 9.  I’m very confident with GW-8i, although after a few weeks, I think I’ve hit 9i maybe 3 times.  Seems I rarely hit 7i but know it’s a good club as I hit many during fitting and some test rounds.  I do struggle with the 6i but it’s a matter of hitting a few hundred practice shots.  Obviously the clubs are delofted from my old 14 yo clubs, and the 6i = my old 5i.  However, I did hit one 6i yesterday and pured it.  What I have found is that I am not yet 100% comfortable with my setup.  What I do know is that I need the ball about 2” more forward than my old clubs which is about 2” forward of center.

My 6i, 7i and 8i misses are to the right.  My old clubs were fitted but I thing wrongly with 3* up.  My new clubs are 1*up. 

Woods - I never had FW woods but now have new Ping 430 Max 7w and 5/4w.  I have a new Ping 430 Max 5h to replace an old TM Rescue 4h.  I get longer carry with the new Ping 5h and higher trajectory.  I hit one 5h on a big uphill par 3 that was a great shot for a par.

I hit several 7w’s that were all good to great shots.  I’m very comfortable with this club.  On one hole, I pulled my drive out of bounds and hit from the drop zone about 180 yards out.  I’ve never gotten to the green from there.  I hit the 7w with a nice draw that landed on the green, then rolled about 1’ Off the back of the green, laving about a 30’ putt - so about 190 yards.

On another par 4, I hit a very good drive into a breeze and surprisingly short of where I thought I’d be.  It’s a tough, long par 4 so now I’m 205 yards out. I just don’t feel comfortable yet with the 4/5w, but gave it a try.  Pin on the left so aimed far right as left has trouble and in practice usually get some draw. I hit it dead straight, onto the green, but past even with the hole, so I hit maybe 210 yards.  Wow.  Once I get comfortable with this club, it changes the game.  So does the 7w.  This was a goid round regardless of my score!

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour