2020 MGS FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE

GolfSpy STUDque

Hot Links...

Scoring: CLICK HERE

Fantasy 101: Click Here

Draft Prep: Click Here

Poll Results, Their Effects on the League, and Playoff Format: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Since we (meaning ME) seem to still have questions about waivers.  I am assuming we only see players that have not been picked 4 times, so why would someone drop a player they picked up via the draft for an undrafted player?  I guess if you auto drafted that might be the case.

Oh and 1 other thing. The available player list has multiple filters. There is the all available player list, the available and playing in upcoming week, and available plus your team.

I primarily use the last two to see if there are better performing players than i currently have and I when looking for a player to fill boost a roster for a week.
  • Like 2

So if there are multiple guys, does that mean if 2 people drop, for instance, Tiger, he will show up to be bid on twice? Or will there only be one entry, but have 2 Tigers "in stock" to purchase?

Also, love the best 4 scores format! Thanks commissioners 🙂

• Like 1

So if there are multiple guys, does that mean if 2 people drop, for instance, Tiger, he will show up to be bid on twice? Or will there only be one entry, but have 2 Tigers "in stock" to purchase?

Also, love the best 4 scores format! Thanks commissioners
I was just trying to figure out if there was a way to see how many of a player are left but couldn't find anything other than searching everybody's team to count them. If they are available you will only see the name unless I missed it somewhere.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Being the obvious but not intended pest. Is there somewhere we can learn where to navigate the site? I looked through the thread and do not see info that would be helpful here. For example the waiver wire. Thanks again. sorry for being the dumb dumb. 

Not a dumb dumb at all. Fantrax is more complex and less user friendly than most fantasy sites. The amount of options make it hard to beat for a league like ours though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I was just trying to figure out if there was a way to see how many of a player are left but couldn't find anything other than searching everybody's team to count them. If they are available you will only see the name unless I missed it somewhere.

I can tell you how to tell if there are 4 or not, but I haven't figured out how to get the exact amount yet.

Edit: I lied, yes I can. Click on the player and scroll far right on the tabs toward the top of their player card, until you see "Ownership." Click on the ownership tab and you can see who all owns the player. Not super efficient, but it only takes about 5-10 seconds.

• Like 5

I can tell you how to tell if there are 4 or not, but I haven't figured out how to get the exact amount yet.

Edit: I lied, yes I can. Click on the player and scroll far right on the tabs toward the top of their player card, until you see "Ownership." Click on the ownership tab and you can see who all owns the player. Not super efficient, but it only takes about 5-10 seconds.
Perfect. Thanks Shooter!

• Like 2

Rough start...ended up having to autodraft (glad I did my prerankings haphazardly and quickly)...ended up with Si WOOOO Kim. My team is off to a quadbogey to start the season...

• Like 1

Lol! How many trades did you send out? Have to answer quicker next time!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Lol! How many trades did you send out? Have to answer quicker next time!

I sent out a few! I still want to try to get Fowler, Wolff, among a few others.

Oh man, I dunno [mention=55774]blackngold_blood[/mention]. Us Fowler owners are quite pleased with is -8 he put up today. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

I hope it is a sign of things to come for Rickie!

What does the gold star next to a player mean? I thought the active symbol was a green check mark?

P.S I’m always open to trades, just send me offers! 

Edited by GB13

What does the gold star next to a player mean? I thought the active symbol was a green check mark?

I believe it takes the place of the check mark.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I believe it takes the place of the check mark.

🤦‍♂️ahh, that’s what I thought, but I wanted to make sure there wasn’t some new stat I didn’t know about. 😆

I just had a trade offer cancelled by Fantrax because it said a player involved in the offer was including in a different transaction.  I offered Justin Rose to Golfermarcus but apparently Fantrax terminated it when Rose was traded in the Chunks - Blackngold_blood swap.

My workaround was to resubmitt the original trade since Rose is still on my roster but it might be something to ask the Fantrax admins about.  Do they have a difficult time distinguishing owners when someone can be on 4 different teams?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Here are some players I'm interested in.

image.png.277f5f19008707e42e93a3eb8466f028.png

Here's who I currently have on the team

image.png.2e802ed40bdf693a13c7ea5a2773c510.png

🤦‍♂️ahh, that’s what I thought, but I wanted to make sure there wasn’t some new stat I didn’t know about.

I just looked this morning and the check mark and star are there so that isn’t it. Now I’m really curious what the star is.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I’m coming in last place... a lot.

The star means they're counting towards your best 4, the check means they're playing in the upcoming event. With all zeros, it'll look a little funny but I expect it to sort out once events start happening. 

I guess it's good to see the check since it's more professional but a small piece of me misses the lettuce logo it used to look like. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1