Matt Blois Returns to TXG

Golfspy_Lukes

This is wonderful news, I know I have watched less since Matty left and I will probably dive back in more now. If only they could shorten the intro we would be great.

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review)
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S
:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Matty and TXG parted ways last year as TXG was being acquired by Club Champion and Matty also was dealing with some mental health things. 

Well yesterday Matt made a surprise appearance on their Live QA and they announced that he will be back to being in videos. 

Really happy that the band is back together as the Matt and Ian chemistry is undeniable. 

Also happy for Matt as mental health issues are no joke and it is a never ending journey. I hope he continues down the path towards happiness

Here is the first official video with Matty Boy back!

That's an unbeatable duo like Batman and Robin, Lone Ranger and Tonto, ....well you get the idea. 

Glad the band is back together again. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Here is the first one back and the old intro only a couple seconds it was great,

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S
:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Great to see him back on. The channel was not quite as good without him in my opinion. 

• Like 6

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

This is great news on both accounts. 

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

Wonder if they worked it out so that he comes back to replace the short lived career of Ryan Barath at TXG?

From the tone of that it sounds like you weren't a fan of Ryan?   

As mentioned by Joe he is writing for Golf.com now, but more than  that he's part of the Fully Equipped Podcast (A Golf.com podcast) hosted by John Wall, Kris McCormack (of True Spec) and Gene Parente from Golf Laborties.   I really enjoy the job they do, although Gene sometimes comess off as a bit goofy, but has very good info and data from his labs.    Ryan and John are out on tour reguarly getting equipment scoops and details.   Kris gives a great perspective from what he sees fitting average and good palyers. 

I think it's a good listen!

• Like 2

Love seeing Matt back with TXG!

As for Ryan Barath, I was not necessarily a huge fan, but what I did like is that he was never afraid to speak his mind (think back to the online clubfitting discussion here on MGS and the fact that he took Adam to task for his approach and some of his comments).  Will he be missed?  Maybe a little (by some), but probably not a lot by anyone.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As mentioned by Joe he is writing for Golf.com now, but more than  that he's part of the Fully Equipped Podcast (A Golf.com podcast) hosted by John Wall, Kris McCormack (of True Spec) and Gene Parente from Golf Laborties.   I really enjoy the job they do, although Gene sometimes comess off as a bit goofy, but has very good info and data from his labs.    Ryan and John are out on tour reguarly getting equipment scoops and details.   Kris gives a great perspective from what he sees fitting average and good palyers. 

I do like that podcast and I think it is a better fit with how technical they get and just a better fit than with TXG. I also think this more a replacement for Mac than Ryan. Ryan seemed like an addition to get their new podcast going which is no quiet with him gone.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Not sure how stating that his short career at TXG indicated that I didn't like him.  He was hired, Club Champion bought TXG and then he left to go to Golf.com, all within a short time period.  I've been listening to his podcasts since he was over at Golfwrx doing a solo podcast and definitely listen to the golf.com podcast as well.  All in all he's perfectly fine.  The only thing he could do differently that I wouldn't mind is not feel the need to repeat his entire career resume every time he's asked a question.  Having listened to him for so long it gets old hearing about every job he's ever had in the golf industry every time he speaks.  

• Like 2

My bag is a revolving door!

3 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Not sure how stating that his short career at TXG indicated that I didn't like him.  He was hired, Club Champion bought TXG and then he left to go to Golf.com, all within a short time period.  I've been listening to his podcasts since he was over at Golfwrx doing a solo podcast and definitely listen to the golf.com podcast as well.  All in all he's perfectly fine.  The only thing he could do differently that I wouldn't mind is not feel the need to repeat his entire career resume every time he's asked a question.  Having listened to him for so long it gets old hearing about every job he's ever had in the golf industry every time he speaks.  

Sorry. It was a genuine question. I didn’t mean to infer it.  Just the way I interpreted when you pointed out short time at TXG (which it definitely was) and yes his bio does get a bit repetitive at times.  And he repeats himself a lot.  Bit knows his gear and stuff. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sorry. It was a genuine question. I didn’t mean to infer it.  Just the way I interpreted when you pointed out short time at TXG (which it definitely was) and yes his bio does get a bit repetitive at times.  And he repeats himself a lot.  Bit knows his gear and stuff. 

All good, I took no offense from it.  There isn't really any tone in words and people can interpret them in various ways.  As you've said, I've heard the same podcast talk from him over and over for years now which isn't really his fault as most people probably haven't heard all of them like I have.  He just doesn't need to try so hard.  He's got knowledge and just needs to roll with it.

• Like 1

My bag is a revolving door!

Mikey played the role of third wheel to a tee…

The results of the TSI3 v TSR3 were quite eye opening and a little sad to see but I still love my TSI3.  

At the end of the day, who better to offer this coveted comparison than Matt himself…even if he has lost some speed.

• Like 5
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

Glad he’s back I Definitly watched less with him out of the picture.

• Like 6

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

They were a good pair. Had to be some hard feelings when he left abruptly, so we’ll see if they can leave that in the past. It was more watchable with Matt and Ian together than what followed, I also watched less when Matt left even though I admire Ian. I’m not a CC fan, so that influenced my interest too.

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Good to see him back, I immediately gravitated more toward Matt's channel after the split. Glad he is doing well enough to jump back in.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.7 / Anti-Cap: 12.8 (Last Updated Oct. 13, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Happy to see Matt back. I felt like his energy was a little down from where it normally was but I don't want to play armchair psych here. Just glad to see him. Definitely seemed like his ball flight was lower and slower (I know he mentioned he hadn't really played or practiced over the summer) but I imagine he can/could get it back in a few months if he wanted to. More than anything I hope he is staying healthy in all terms of the word. 

Any idea what this does with Mac Boucher as I also like him? 

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed XB 10.5* with Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45g "A" Flex shaft (Otto-phlex) - Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Hybrid -  New Level Gi22 5-7 iron - PTxPro 7-PW - Ping Eye2 BeCu Gap Wedge - Ping Glide 4.0 LW - LAB Golf DF 2.1 Putter

Titleist White Box 2023 Prototype Golf balls review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/53743-member-test-titleist-pro-v1pro-v1x-white-box/?do=findComment&comment=870550