Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Some takeaways from this week.

Last...my Bills...I am relieved that this division is far from decided but there are some massive issues.  McDermott in my eyes has been a coach who makes a bad team good but won't make a good team great.  I have no clue what is being discussed between Coach, Dorsey and Josh...The only recurring theme is that the staff is containing him too much and forcing him to not be the free-wheeling and exciting player we've come to know.  I'll never quit on Buffalo even with this painful underachieving season at stake.

... While the joy of winning and the agony of defeat is the essence of being a sports fan, some have it worse than others. Patriots with Brady and Packers with Favre and Rodgers comes to mind as those franchises were soooo spoiled and are now getting  a taste of what most of the rest of the NFL deals with not having a HOF QB.

... But as far as we two are concerned, I am not quite sure which is more frustrating. A bad team that can't seem to turn the corner and continues to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or a good team that is losing games they shouldn't be losing. And I agree when you have a racehorse like Allen, you have to let him run. They never put any reigns on Favre and he intercepted himself right into the Hall Of Fame because he offset the bad with much more good.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

47 minutes ago, chisag said:

... While the joy of winning and the agony of defeat is the essence of being a sports fan, some have it worse than others. Patriots with Brady and Packers with Favre and Rodgers comes to mind as those franchises were soooo spoiled and are now getting  a taste of what most of the rest of the NFL deals with not having a HOF QB.

... But as far as we two are concerned, I am not quite sure which is more frustrating. A bad team that can't seem to turn the corner and continues to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or a good team that is losing games they shouldn't be losing. And I agree when you have a racehorse like Allen, you have to let him run. They never put any reigns on Favre and he intercepted himself right into the Hall Of Fame because he offset the bad with much more good.  

At the end of the day, as much I want to win just one, I still remind myself that things are better today than they've been in decades.  My wife reminded me last week by saying "at least we won't be out $2,000 this year on playoff tickets."

Bills fan till I die and if I can live through this...I can live through anything 🙂

Buffalo.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

No fan base has suffered as much or for as long as the Lions.  Dan Campbell will certainly be in the running f they keep up their pace. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

On 11/8/2023 at 6:43 AM, bens197 said:

Last...my Bills

... @bens197  if I were you, I wouldn't watch this all the way to the end. 😱

21 hours ago, chisag said:

... @bens197  if I were you, I wouldn't watch this all the way to the end. 😱

It's been a rough few days...

Buffalo gave a new meaning to the 12th man.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I will be the first to say that I absolutely did not see yesterday's GB vs. Detroit game coming. Jordan Love has looked better over his last three games, and I would say significantly better over his last two. Plenty of room to improve as he is still inconsistent with deep ball placement, seemingly over or underthrowing his intended target more often than hitting them in stride. However, I have seen enough from him this year where I believe he CAN be QB1 in Green Bay for the foreseeable future. I am not saying he WILL be a franchise QB just yet, but I think the traits are there to be an above average QB. And if I am being honest, my favorite play of Love's came late in the 4th quarter when he sold a run fake to AJ Dillon exceptionally well out of the shotgun and proceeded to pick up not only a much needed first down but 37 yards to boot. The defense has looked considerably better as well, which is astonishing to me given the players that are out. Rashan Gary is a monster. 

Still a very outside shot at making the playoffs, but a favorable schedule looms if they can keep their momentum. Easier said than done with KC on deck next. At this point, though, I sure hope they can sneak in as a wild card since they are playing their way out of a top 10 draft slot.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

• 2 weeks later...

What a game it was last night watching Love and Mahomes battle for four quarters. Love continues to impress as the season goes on and GB's young players are starting to click. Hoping for an exciting finish to the year, and heading to the Tampa Bay game on the 17th!

I wish the officiating hadn't marred what was otherwise an awesome game to watch. Poor calls both ways on the final drive with equally poor calls scattered throughout the game. That officiating crew didn't have their best stuff last night at all. 

Still, Love is looking more and more like a long term QB for the Pack and I am thrilled to say the least. 

#LeftyGang

On 12/10/2023 at 8:01 PM, RockerFCC said:

Mahomes complaining about the refs is comedic irony at it's finest...

And now Mahomes' wife has jumped into it. And Reid says they should have been "warned" about the possibility of a penalty. The ref said the linesman was so far offside they couldn't see the ball.

Maybe Taylor Swift can write a song about it and go on the Kansas City Chiefs Crybaby tour.

Edited by hohjoe

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

• 3 weeks later...

Looking past the end of the Lions and Cowboys game yesterday, hoping that the Pack can win out to make the post season play for @Jnoble89

Chicago's recent play may make for some tough decisions ahead, not the news @chisag was hoping for.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

What a terrible performance from my Seahawks. Glad you eliminated yourselves, now LOSE that last game for the draft position LOL. Hope everyone has a very safe and Happy New Year. Cheers and hit em straight if you can.

Edited by RockerFCC

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

39 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Chicago's recent play may make for some tough decisions ahead, not the news @chisag was hoping for.

They have clinched the #1 pick which is the first thing they needed to do.   I am still not convinced that the Bears are ready to move on from Fields.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

They have clinched the #1 pick which is the first thing they needed to do.   I am still not convinced that the Bears are ready to move on from Fields.

I agree that getting the first pick was the first item they needed to wrap up but with Fields showing improvement as well as the team overall the second half of the season, both Fields and the coaching staff may return next season.

The cream of the crop teams still look to be the Ravens in the AFC and the 49’ers in the NFC. Although with the playoffs being a win to continue season anything can happen.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

Looking past the end of the Lions and Cowboys game yesterday, hoping that the Pack can win out to make the post season play for @Jnoble89

... The most brutal call I have sen since the Megatron catch that was ruled no catch against the Bears. 

... Fields has admittedly played well against bad teams. But still held the ball too long several times today and that will always be his achilles heel. The fact that financially Williams or Maye will cost around $75 million less the next 4 years should be enough incentive to trade him.

... Otoh the defense is really hitting its stride against any opponent and I hope it is enough to keep Eberflus. 

35 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Julius-Caesar.png.webp.ee1226db5707f0631bac4695ba6c79c9.webp

12 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Gotta get one more here against Chicago! Jordan Love played extremely well last night against Minnesota and Aaron Jones is as good as it gets when healthy for that offense. Defense was made to look good by a poor Vikings offense but I’ll take it. They are gonna need all the confidence they can get for next weekend. Currently working on getting some tickets…last time I went to Packers vs. Bears it was week 17 of the 2009-10 season. GB won, clinching a wild card and went on to win the SB. NOT saying history can repeat itself, this is not a SB winning team, but I sure would like to see playoffs!

#LeftyGang

14 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Brad Allen and crew should have admitted their mistake instead of doubling down and blaming the players. 

418EF47A-5128-4F96-85B0-2AFCE60C943A.jpeg.88eacc3bfbd00a791657b4cf6113fd55.jpeg

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

On 1/1/2024 at 9:21 AM, GaryF said:

Brad Allen and crew should have admitted their mistake instead of doubling down and blaming the players. 

418EF47A-5128-4F96-85B0-2AFCE60C943A.jpeg.88eacc3bfbd00a791657b4cf6113fd55.jpeg

Brad Allen's crew is one of the absolute worst in the league...I know, I know...it's not a runaway title...the competition is stiff.

Just thrilled to read that Alex Kemp and his cohorts will be calling Buffalo Miami with really not much at stake this Sunday night... 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Can't say I disagree with the Saints getting their guy a TD.
Bush league? yeah, but it's a players game, not a coaches game.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

11 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Can't say I disagree with the Saints getting their guy a TD.
Bush league? yeah, but it's a players game, not a coaches game.

This never ever bothered me.  I remember vividly…Keith Brooking having a meltdown over BB running up the score against every opponent in 2007.  Going for 2 when up by 4 scores.

Guess what…you’re a professional…don’t like it?  Maybe work harder to beat your opponent.  

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

This never ever bothered me.  I remember vividly…Keith Brooking having a meltdown over BB running up the score against every opponent in 2007.  Going for 2 when up by 4 scores.

Guess what…you’re a professional…don’t like it?  Maybe work harder to beat your opponent.  

He was just pissed because he new that was his last game given the poor effort. 

It sucks for anyone to get fired before it was needed for Atlanta to improve.

For those following the draft how many QBs go in round one?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I saw something about this happening, but didn't catch the details.  Was this a first time TD for the player?  Was there a bonus on the line, or was it just poor sportsmanship?  In a total blowout like this, it does seem like a good move, some powerful bulletin board material for when they play next year.  What's really kind of sad is when the game is closer, a team takes a knee rather than score and the points would have made the team cover the spread. I'm not a gambler, but can sympathize with those who lost their money.

LEFTHANDED

Titleist TSR1 Driver

Titleist TSR1 23 and 26 degree hybrid

Titleist T200 Irons (7-GW)

Cleveland RTX-7 Wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odessey 1.5 putter

Bridgeston Tour BRX-S, Srixon Q-Star Tour

4 hours ago, Wu1f said:

I saw something about this happening, but didn't catch the details.  Was this a first time TD for the player?  Was there a bonus on the line, or was it just poor sportsmanship?  In a total blowout like this, it does seem like a good move, some powerful bulletin board material for when they play next year.  What's really kind of sad is when the game is closer, a team takes a knee rather than score and the points would have made the team cover the spread. I'm not a gambler, but can sympathize with those who lost their money.

The team signed Williams in the offseason and he hadn't gotten a TD the entire season after leading the league last year. Clearly they all wanted it for him. 
If you haven't seen Jameis' interview at his locker talking about it you should check it out. He's a true team guy.

BTW: if you haven't seen Jomboy before, well worth it. He's very good at lip reading! His baseball stuff is golden

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don't really follow the draft that much but if I recall correctly, unless it's a banner year, not many QBs go in round 1.
Kenny Pickett (lol) was the only round 1 pick in 2022. Ridder was a 3rd round pick.

That could definitely change this year as there are a few that are pretty good.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

On 1/9/2024 at 3:42 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

At least (4) QBs in the first round.

Incidentally, I didn't look at any NFL mock draft or check any "draft pundit" proclamations regarding the 2024 draft prior to posting that prediction.  Now that I have done so, I see that the pundits are calling for (4) QBs to be picked in the first round, with Williams, Maye and Daniels going 1, 2, and 3 and J. J. McCarthy going at #13.

Looks like chisag's Bears will be getting Caleb Williams, if the draft pundits are correct, with his boy, Drake Maye, going to the Commanders at pick #2.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

I don't really follow the draft that much but if I recall correctly, unless it's a banner year, not many QBs go in round 1.
Kenny Pickett (lol) was the only round 1 pick in 2022. Ridder was a 3rd round pick.

That could definitely change this year as there are a few that are pretty good.

Looks like typically 2-4 per year with some poor or exceptional years   

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions-round/qb

Projections for this year show 3 should go in the first round and some say they will be the top 3 picks; not many say any of them will be outside the top 10.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, bens197 said:

Love this from Jimmy Graham!

image.png.c25caaf2c7110512edf9bc7c418ec69a.png

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X