deejaid

Riding vs. Walking

Riding vs. Walking  

50 members have voted

1. 1. When allowed, do you prefer riding or walking the course?

• riding
    • walking

Sadly I do already. I use the sun mountain v2 I think.

I only carry when I'm going with the 7 club set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The push carts require a bit of effort too so I can see how you feel that way. I try to give mine big pushes when I can and just let it roll. On holes where it's a decent walk back to the tee, I'll still ditch my bag and get it on the way through just like I did when I carried.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

... I hear ya. Ironically for the first time yesterday I forgot the battery to my remote cart and thankfully/unfortunatly my sons Batboy Quad push cart was in the trunk. I have to admit it took a toll on me by the back 9 and it was radically different than my remote and keeping my spine erect as I walk. I think I have permanently spoiled myself. 

• Like 1

... I hear ya. Ironically for the first time yesterday I forgot the battery to my remote cart and thankfully/unfortunatly my sons Batboy Quad push cart was in the trunk. I have to admit it took a toll on me by the back 9 and it was radically different than my remote and keeping my spine erect as I walk. I think I have permanently spoiled myself.

I'm looking at the Alphard the ewheel conversion thingy. I think it would help a lot. My favorite was when my wife and daughter join me on the course they ride and I walk along and my daughter caddy for me.

• Like 1

I'm looking at the Alphard the ewheel conversion thingy. I think it would help a lot. My favorite was when my wife and daughter join me on the course they ride and I walk along and my daughter caddy for me.

Isn't that thing more expensive than a regular electric "push" cart anyway?

Isn't that thing more expensive than a regular electric "push" cart anyway?

No, according to mygolfspy review it's about half the price without the cart. They ran specials at kickstater with clicgear for $100 more but sadly all sold out.

I usually walk.  My home course is set up well for walking. It seems that many of the newer courses are not built to walk. Maybe it is intentional to generate more revenue through cart rentals. Just a guess. I have a Caddytek EZ. I love it.

• Like 1

My New Years resolution is to start walking 9 holes a week. Bayou is a tough walk BTW - big gap between 7 and 8 and again 8 and 9.

This will cause me to play more golf which is a good thing IMO.

• Like 7

It better not be when I'm there after playing 18 in the morning! 😁

• Like 4

I had a goal to walk more this past year and rarely did. I plan to change that this year.

like rev we have some courses that are tough walks and some that are almost a no go.  If a course allows it and it’s not in the dead heat of summer I’m planning to walk

• Like 2

I think a big part of golf is walking.  That's what makes it a sport IMHO.  Carts make it too easy to over drink, screw off on your cellphone, talk on your cellphone, drive to places you wouldn't go when walking, and to otherwise distract you from actually playing golf.  When I walk I am razor focused, and use that time between shots, walking to the next one to visualize how I am going to hit the next shot.  I can't do that in a cart, especially when I am playing with a buddy.

Also, and this goes without saying, walking on the golf course is about the only exercise I get these days so I like to take advantage of it when I can.

• Like 4

I used to walk much more, and got out of the habit this year.  My home club has a LOT of up and down, and some long walks from green to tee, and I just wasn't enjoying walking and carrying my bag.  So I bought myself a motorized trolley, a QOD, and since about September have walked almost every round.  The QOD isn't cheap, but it'll pay off over less than a year of cart fees.  I'm really happy I've made the change, gotta make sure I get back to it when golf starts up again in the spring.

• Like 4

I would love to walk the course, but my health issues will not let me.    It is upsetting to me that I call the course even to see if its CPO.  However, on those occasions when I am given a handicap flag, I often hear my buds say, "I'll ride with Wahoo".   To those that walk the course, I genuinely say enjoy it but more importantly be glad that you can.   And ask that you understand that there of those of us that truly love and enjoy the game but must recognize our limitations.  

• Like 7

My New Years resolution is to start walking 9 holes a week. Bayou is a tough walk BTW - big gap between 7 and 8 and again 8 and 9.

This will cause me to play more golf which is a good thing IMO.

Only once per week? ;-)

Joking .. good on ya, Rev! I'm with others that prefer to walk whenever possible - I definitely play better when I do (more "into" the rhythm of the game) and feel it's the way golf is really meant to be played.

But as Wahoo said - better to be out there in a cart vs not at all.
  • Like 4

Remember that I live in Florida - it’s easy to walk now - 9 holes in July? In 110 heat index weather? That’s another matter.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

Remember that I live in Florida - it’s easy to walk now - 9 holes in July? In 110 heat index weather? That’s another matter.

That's our off season.

• Like 1

I only walk, you will enjoy it. I'm not one who says you play better but some might, I think it just depends on the player. Some people don't understand walking while playing and I think..... It's just walking! We do it all day everyday. It's an easy way to get in some exercise. It's a very easy goal to set and accomplish! Good luck

• Like 2

Serious question: Those of you that walk only.... what do you do for a living?

I'm on my feet for 10 -12 hours a day, and 50% of the year 5 hours on Saturday... on concrete. I'll take the cart, please.

• Like 2

I’m on my feet also all day and walk. Not being in work boots and comfortable golf shoes is great. Also I think of it as exercise

• Like 3