Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Riding vs. Walking

deejaid

Riding vs. Walking  

67 members have voted

1. 1. When allowed, do you prefer riding or walking the course?

• riding
    • walking

58 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:
20 hours ago, DaveP043 said:
Thanks for the link, although when I went there I got a price of $1247, which I think is what I paid.  At that time, the price included three of the accessories, a list-price value of up to about $100.  At that price, I think its a reasonably good value, at $997 its an amazing value.  As for its durability, ask me in a cople of years.  I'm just happy to be back walking.

Supposedly discount was applied at checkout, or you could enter code "Santa18". Anyway, I hesitated / procrastinated ... Gonna do more research into different models before investing (plus my wife thinks I should keep pushing my own cart until I'm 70!).

My wife got on the motorized trolley bandwagon 5 years or so back.  I was the one who resisted, until I came to my senses, so she was very supportive.  There are a number of options, depending on budget and desired features.  The biggest draw for me for the QOD was how compact it was when folded, much smaller than most of the competitors.  My wife has a Cart Tek, and has been very happy with it.  Her previous one, a BatCaddy, wasn't as reliable as she had hoped it would be.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

58 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My wife got on the motorized trolley bandwagon 5 years or so back.  I was the one who resisted, until I came to my senses, so she was very supportive.  There are a number of options, depending on budget and desired features.  The biggest draw for me for the QOD was how compact it was when folded, much smaller than most of the competitors.  My wife has a Cart Tek, and has been very happy with it.  Her previous one, a BatCaddy, wasn't as reliable as she had hoped it would be.

... Yup, due diligence is a must for any motorized cart. My original was a Dynamis and the axel broke and they replaced it. Ten that axel broke and it was clearly a design flaw. Shortly after they went out f business. I found two more remote controlled carts and after promises from the owners, they both went under too. Going forward I only dealt with companies getting great reviews that had been around awhile. Powacaddy, Mottocaddy and now Navigator. I have heard good things about QOD but have not spoken with anyone yet that has used one and of course a good warranty is a must. Looking forward to hearing how your QOD holds up after a season of play. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On average my scores are better when I walk.  Maybe it's because I'm playing with the guys when I do, as my wife suggests.  I think she is committed to walking more this next year.

BTW, there are NO courses in my area where you HAVE to ride.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I always walked until I got to FL @ age 65. Mostly took a cart then and walked Execs until I blew my knee out now only take my cart.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I honestly hadn't walked a course since high school until this last august.  Got to play the Jubilee Course @ St. Andrews and had to walk 18 since that was the course rules.  I wasn't sure if I could handle walking that much as I am not it the best shape of my life (Luckily Round is still a shape)! 🤣  I was able to handle it no problem and have since decided that I am going to walk more this year.  I do like @chisag idea of alternating holes.  I think that would be a good way to start the process of walking this year.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Another member of the pushcart mafia here (Clicgear 3.5).  If I play nine, I'll take everything out of the bag and carry.  The Sun Mountain 2.5 is a really great bag for carrying, and it holds a full set with no issue if you don't play midsized/oversized grips (some reviews seem to be mixed on this).

I'll ride if I'm in a hurry, or if I'm playing a full-sized course with my youngest daughter (walking up the fairway to play from 200 or so yards out gets boring for her).  

There are a few un-walkable courses around town that are routed through housing developments with obnoxiously long trips from green to tee.  I tend to stay away from them.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I’m a nurse. I am on my feet a lot. But I walk. I find it relaxing or exercise. Or sometimes both. I started fast the other day and blew through the round in 2:53. My course is a difficult walk and very hilly. There is no break from the hills, especially when you leave the 13th green.
I walked 48 (my age) at Sweetens Cove about a month ago. The day before I slogged 27 in rain gear.
Enjoy the Walk. The walk makes my game better

I've never seen an enclosed or heated cart at a public course where I am, but I guess you would have to in MN.

Bethpage Black still is a walking-only course, and push/pull carts in my opinion are more trouble than they're worth there due to the bunkering, slopes, and rough around the greens.  I played there Saturday, and 3 of us were carrying, and the fourth had a push cart that he wanted to abandon after the 6th hole.  It's a beast of a walk, and I won't play it if I have any back issues at all.  By the time I get to the 16th tee, I'm nearly spent, and that's when my back is feeling good.  But when I'm done, it's exhilarating (in spite of the score I've carded!), and I always look forward to doing it again.

Trump's new course in the Bronx is cart-path only I believe.  I've only played it once and walked it - not too bad a walk really.

Anyway, walkers are a minority, but I do feel walking adds to my enjoyment of the round and a feeling of accomplishment.

I pushed a cart through BPB. It was tough but goddamnit it was AWESOME!IMG_2198.JPG

I haven’t decided if walking with my light stand bag is actually easier than pushing my cart bag on my Clicgear. Part of me thinks it’s easier just to carry and not have to push for 3 1/2 hours.... Especially when I’m smart enough to lighten the load and remove all of the extra crap before I walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I haven’t decided if walking with my light stand bag is actually easier than pushing my cart bag on my Clicgear. Part of me thinks it’s easier just to carry and not have to push for 3 1/2 hours.... Especially when I’m smart enough to lighten the load and remove all of the extra crap before I walk.

... I will add my 2 cents and say, it isn't a question of is it easier as much of a question of which is easier on your body in the long term. There are so many loans we make with our bodies when we are young, then have to pay off with interest when we get older. The spine just isn't meant to carry clubs pulling them off and on for hours. As my Ortho surgeon said, some can do it and suffer little damage latter in life. But most will have problems and suffer the effects sooner rather than later. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

50 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I will add my 2 cents and say, it isn't a question of his is easier as much of a question of which is easier on your body in the long term. There are so many loans we make with our bodies when we are young, then have to pay off with interest when we get older. The spine just isn't meant to carry clubs pulling them of and on for hours. As my Ortho surgeon said, some can do it and suffer little damage latter in life. But most will have problems and suffer the effects sooner rather than later. 

This is the exact reason, even at 34 and in great shape, I got a push cart.  After the first time using it I noticed how good my back and shoulders felt after the round and I wondered why I waited so long to get a push cart

... I will add my 2 cents and say, it isn't a question of is it easier as much of a question of which is easier on your body in the long term. There are so many loans we make with our bodies when we are young, then have to pay off with interest when we get older. The spine just isn't meant to carry clubs pulling them off and on for hours. As my Ortho surgeon said, some can do it and suffer little damage latter in life. But most will have problems and suffer the effects sooner rather than later. 

Funny, as I have a back disease so I have no curvature in my spine, so for me to wonder seems odd. I have a harder time riding an electric cart 18 than carrying for 9.

I do feel as though I exert more energy pushing a cart than carrying, and that’s what my ponder was about. It’d be interesting to see if there’s something to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

This is the exact reason, even at 34 and in great shape, I got a push cart.  After the first time using it I noticed how good my back and shoulders felt after the round and I wondered why I waited so long to get a push cart

After my second significant back episode (on the floor, couldn't move) about 10 years ago, I finally stopped carrying.  Nine years of carrying double for 100 rounds a year on top of all I played couldn't have helped me much.  I carried for 18 not too long ago, and even with nothing in my bag but my clubs and six balls (left the cart at home), and I felt it much more than when I push the Clicgear.

I'm sure the Alphard eWheels are in my not-too-distant future.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Amen Brother, I’m sure a lot of my Orthopedic problems now are the results of my “misspent yout”.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Extreme walking
I was looking at maps around my town and I am 4.4 miles from my home course. With greenways, back trails and the like I am wondering if I can walk there, play and walk back. It would be about 15 miles all said and done. But I think it is doable.
Of course my wife go me the Tom Coyne book “A Course Called Ireland” for Christmas and it has me thinking....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, to all you fitness guys...I'm 61 years old,  actively work out side, am not overweight. Have stopped smoking for about 6 months now. So, for me its RIDE BABY RIDE!!!!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

For the most part, I enjoy walking and take the opportunity to do so. Especially because I have a hard time paying the cart fees at many of the courses I play. In some cases the cart fees nearly double the total cost of the round.

I particularly enjoy getting up early in the summer and walking by myself as one of the only people on the course. Soothing. Once last summer I was even early enough that I couldn't actually see my tee shot on the first hole. 

My in-laws worked for a while at an executive course near us, which meant free golf and free carts. In that case, we almost always rode. It meant being able to get 18 done in 90 minutes if the course wasn't busy. (Yes, I like playing fast golf. I'm trying to work on that this year in an effort to lower my HC and really think about what I'm doing on the course.)

I quit carrying years ago, however. Was never comfortable, clubs always clanged together, which I hated. And it was heavy. Have used a push/pull cart in some form then since I was 18 or so.

I used to be VERY overweight, and about six years ago I permanently changed my diet and now routinely weightlift and exercise. Walking has the additional bonus of being better for my health!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 hours ago, edingc said:

For the most part, I enjoy walking and take the opportunity to do so. Especially because I have a hard time paying the cart fees at many of the courses I play. In some cases the cart fees nearly double the total cost of the round.

I particularly enjoy getting up early in the summer and walking by myself as one of the only people on the course. Soothing. Once last summer I was even early enough that I couldn't actually see my tee shot on the first hole. 

My in-laws worked for a while at an executive course near us, which meant free golf and free carts. In that case, we almost always rode. It meant being able to get 18 done in 90 minutes if the course wasn't busy. (Yes, I like playing fast golf. I'm trying to work on that this year in an effort to lower my HC and really think about what I'm doing on the course.)

I quit carrying years ago, however. Was never comfortable, clubs always clanged together, which I hated. And it was heavy. Have used a push/pull cart in some form then since I was 18 or so.

I used to be VERY overweight, and about six years ago I permanently changed my diet and now routinely weightlift and exercise. Walking has the additional bonus of being better for my health!

Yup, time for me to start researching a push cart that'll be best for my big DLX cart bag and saving up for it. As much as I golf-and always in a cart, the $ savings along with the health benefits got to both be positive.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

52 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Yup, time for me to start researching a push cart that'll be best for my big DLX cart bag and saving up for it. As much as I golf-and always in a cart, the $ savings along with the health benefits got to both be positive.

My gawd that's a heavy bag!!!  11.6 lbs???  I'm too old to lift that into the trunk of my car!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My gawd that's a heavy bag!!!  11.6 lbs???  I'm too old to lift that into the trunk of my car!

Yup, she's a beast alright!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

3 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

My current one is a hand-me-down Orlimar with some strategically place duct tape holding it together. It has no storage on it save for two golf ball holders.

I absolutely need a new cart with some sort of storage (for my range finder) and a cell phone holder on it. I typically like to keep score on my phone (The Grint) as I play, and sometimes use a GPS program. Last summer I nearly lost my phone three times because I would walk off with the phone balanced on the bag. Had to jog back down the fairway to find it...

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• 1 month later...

I walk primarily because of a handicap.  I get very upset when people make the error to say those of us who ride do not play real golf!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I used to walk 90% of the time, using either a carry bag or Sun Mtn push cart.  For a few years, I used a Kangaroo, which was really nice.  With recent knee issues, I'm a full time rider (at least for now).  Ideally, when my knees allow it, my bag is on the cart while someone else drives and I walk most of the course.  Several years ago, I played Bandon Dunes with a caddie.  With the exception of the cost, I could get used to having a caddie.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I used to walk 90% of the time, using either a carry bag or Sun Mtn push cart.  For a few years, I used a Kangaroo, which was really nice.  With recent knee issues, I'm a full time rider (at least for now).  Ideally, when my knees allow it, my bag is on the cart while someone else drives and I walk most of the course.  Several years ago, I played Bandon Dunes with a caddie.  With the exception of the cost, I could get used to having a caddie.  

I started out walking when I learned to play 26 years ago, but with bad knees I liked to ride.  My wife and I played Bandon with caddies in 2010, but my knees spoiled it a little.  In 2013 I had my left knee replaced, and walking is much better now.  We still use a cart for some rounds, but I walk whenever I can.

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I started out walking when I learned to play 26 years ago, but with bad knees I liked to ride.  My wife and I played Bandon with caddies in 2010, but my knees spoiled it a little.  In 2013 I had my left knee replaced, and walking is much better now.  We still use a cart for some rounds, but I walk whenever I can.

My left knee was replaced 3 years ago and now my right one is ready to be replaced.  I'm trying to kick the can down the road with cortisone and try to put off the replacement until October or so.  Hate to lose the summer doing rehab and recovery.  Knee doesn't hurt to swing, but it's an issue walking sometimes, particularly on the soggy fairways and rough this time of year here.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

My left knee was replaced 3 years ago and now my right one is ready to be replaced.  I'm trying to kick the can down the road with cortisone and try to put off the replacement until October or so.  Hate to lose the summer doing rehab and recovery.  Knee doesn't hurt to swing, but it's an issue walking sometimes, particularly on the soggy fairways and rough this time of year here.

Also my left knee that was replaced.  It affected my swing the last year before it was replaced; couldn't get to my left side on followthrough.  HCP went up to 14.  I had it done in Nov, so didn't have to go through therapy during golf season.  The doc said if I had waited any longer, he would have had to do a bone graft.  It was that bad.  My right knee should be OK unless I do something stupid.  My wife had her right knee replaced the next Nov.  

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking of purchasing a push cart. I can't carry a bag because of bad shoulders and  compression fractures in my L2 and 5 vertebrae. With the current situation in the world, as long as my course is open, I will continue to play.... probably alone most of the time. I would like to walk while playing alone. 

Edited by silver & black

I ride 80% of the time  usually trying to play more quickly or because we have a weekend round with a foursome where the course will not allow walkers until later in the day.  I do love to walk, and walked 18 yesterday, but I realized that I need to find a lighter golf bag and take some items out or move to a push cart.  

I enjoy walking more as I feel like I am more engaged in the round and tend to play a bit better.   Haven't done a complete analysis, but probably a couple strokes better.   Most of my buddies I play with, would rather ride, so it would be a round alone if I did walk.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

56 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I enjoy walking more as I feel like I am more engaged in the round and tend to play a bit better.   Haven't done a complete analysis, but probably a couple strokes better.   Most of my buddies I play with, would rather ride, so it would be a round alone if I did walk.

This is my current predicament as well. It's made worse by the fact that some of the courses near me charge the same rate whether I ride or walk. I feel like I'm throwing away money if I don't ride...

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour