Sluggo42

What was your Shot of the Day?

Our Sponsors

IMG_5318.PNGIMG_5318.PNGIMG_5318.PNG

Absolutely CRUSHED the 3 wood today. I usually hit my standard shot around 240-250 with a light draw off the tee. This particular swing flowed & connected SO clean with the ball mark dead center after. This is the reason I use my 3 wood off the tee a lot more than my driver. Now if I can get my driver swinging like this, my long game will be set for life.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Par-3 145 with a crazy A$$ green. A foursome was letting me play through. I get up to the tee swing a nice light 9 iron. It flies right over the pin land 12 feet over and spins back down the slope to 2 feet. After I hit they said to me "strange action you've got there; kinda like John Daly". Yes, exactly only difference is I am 300 pounds lighter.

• Like 3

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

505y Par 5, first time I have ever had the gall to try for the green in two. 217y hybrid got me to the front left, 2 putt for the birdie.

gg5tk2k.jpg?1

OLP7G6c.jpg?1

• Like 3

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :callaway-small: Mavrik 23°

Irons:    :ping-small: i500 5, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

:ping-small: i200 6-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 105, stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Par 5 ..2nd shot ended up in trees in the right rough about with about 140 to the stick. Thought I would punch out leaving as n easy wedge shot and hope to get up and down. After looking over the shot i said to myself "i got this". Opened uo an 8iron just enough to clear the low left side of the tree and set up to cut the ball in. Played it perfectly but about a club as short as i expected as I didnt think a 7 would clear the tree. My game shots are expanding as I woulda have normally punched out to a likely bogey. Instead I played a s*** I work on on had a 2 putt par.

• Like 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hit a 315 yard drive on a par 5 dead center. Followed up by smashing an 8i to the green to leave me with a 25'(roughly) eagle putt. It ended up short by about 2' but putted our for birdie.

• Like 3

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Hit a 315 yard drive on a par 5 dead center. Followed up by smashing an 8i to the green to leave me with a 25'(roughly) eagle putt. It ended up short by about 2' but putted our for birdie.

Whew! Glad someone can do it! :)

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Holed a chip from 30' this morning (distance from GPS).

Recent practices have been a lot of 1 on 1 time with my wedge. It felt even better thinking it's helping.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Whew! Glad someone can do it! :)

The 315 is a par 4 in senior land here in FL!!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Weeeelllllllll my options are limited.

I guess the 300 yard drive that I crushed to 58 out. What y'all don't need to know is that I missed the green and made bogey. 😱😬

• Like 2

297 yard par 4, hit a perfect driver right at the flag and was amazing close at an Albatross! 20180504_170852_1525480720112.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Taylormade M1 2017 Driver 9.5 - Aldilla Rogue Silver shaft - Stiff

Titleist 913f 3 wood - Stiff
Cobra King Utility 2/3 iron - 18 degree, Stiff AMT S300 shaft

Callaway Razr X Black 4-PW - Uniflex shaft (too much flex!)

Mizuno S5 Blue Wedges - 50*,54*,58*

Ping Anser 2 Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 3.0 Grip 

Right Handed

Washougal, WA

Handicap - 4.6

I've been on the DL, so I'll have to give you a shot from a while ago.

Despite our short New England season, there are more golf courses, private and public both, all within 45 minutes of my home, than I could possibly count off the top of my head.

Curiously, none of the public courses are muni facilities. The George Wright Golf Course within the city limits of Boston itself, roughly an hour from me, is the only muni that comes to mind.

Most of the public courses are laundromats for local "legitmate businessmen," which makes them somewhat of a bargain because they don't actually have to make a profit on their own.

A really nice one is less than twenty-minutes from my front door. It's a gorgeous 1906 Donald Ross layout which was private but the equity members, a touch less affluent than those at several other nearby private clubs, couldn't really keep it up.

One of those aforementioned legitimate businessmen took it off their hands. It was closed for a massive restoration which took three years Housing on also purchased abutting land was under construction at the same time. I would not have believed that natural earth and landscape could be worked the way this property was worked. These people, for all intents and purposes, recreated 1906. Modern ball be damned, all reworked holes were restored to their original locations and dimensions. Reopened in 2009, it looks like it looked when Donald Ross left it.

I was five years old the first time that I saw the place. My youngest uncle, my dad's little brother, got married and they had the wedding reception there. I was mesmerized by the shear beauty of the place, and I'm sure that the seminal urge to take up golf was born at that wedding.

Curiously, I have not played the course since it reopened. The last time I played it, my 44-year-old son was eight years old and pulling my Bag Boy. I shot 37 on the front only to shoot 48 on the back. My boy still talks about my barefoot pitch into the eighteenth green, played from the back seat of a four-door Lincoln convertible in the parking lot (remember those?). The car had tufted leather upholstery, and the ball came to rest in a tuft, this preventing it from rolling to the seatback and costing me an unplayable lie. For a horrible back nine, it wasn't a bad shot, although it did tear a leather button out of the tuft.

The place was private then, and I wasn't invited back. My host had a fatal heart attack a year later.

If I get back in action as I plan, I'm going back to play it again.It's now 1906 short, which is just the right length for a golf course to be.

• Like 2

No 300 yard drives here nor did I see any although my opponent was quite long. Not many 300 yard drives these days here unless you carry it that far a sea level - it's very wet.

My third hole, blocked drive, hit tree, took several (but not 5) minutes to find - thick lie148, had the punch a 7 iron through a narrow alley onto the green and hammered in the 20 footer for birdie.

But I think the ball would still be rolling had it not gone in. Harbinger of things to come, I never got the speed of the greens and hit people to of blocks.

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Played Moose Ridge in South Lyon, MI for the first time. I hit a good tee shot, but the huge tree in the middle of the fairway knocked me down. I had 246 to the flag on the par 5 18. Hit a 3 iron with a fade that landed just short and left and rolled across the green to about 2ft. for eagle.

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70X Tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Can't get over how well I am finally hitting my long irons. This was from today. The hole is slightly downhill, but absolutely pured this shot.

IMG_4584.PNG

• Like 2

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Good lord what is your handicap like 2

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Good lord what is your handicap like 2

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

🤣🤣🤣

I wish! 21.3 right now. Finally making solid contact with the ball. A lot more work to do!

• Like 2

Amidst a large number of mediocre to downright crappy shots .. including two that found bunkers .. I then had two (of two) actually good bunker shots! Out in one and headed towards the hole so happy with those (but, no, did not make the putts...).

Had a nice shot from 100 out but behind a tall tree that completely blocked my view of the green. Launched the ball up and over the tree and onto the back of the green behind the pin (but, no, did not make that putt either ... not a good putting day).

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)

Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Par 5

Crushed a perfect drive with a slight cut about 250

Hit my “shot of the day” 5 iron, about 185

Hit my 54° Vokey 100 yds onto green

Drained the 16' birdie, uphill with 8” break right

I love holes like this

• Like 6

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

Let me set the stage..

Par 4 280 drivable.

I pull out the driver.

Step up to the tee.

Tee up the ball.

Stand over it, and take a rip at it.

BAM!

It hits the tree in the left rough 20 yards in front of me. Rebounds in to the tree in the right rough and drops straight down... Exactly what y'all thought was gonna happen, right?

Anyway after a whopping 20 yard drive. I have 260 pull out the 3W and from under the tree, I hit my shot of the day. Pure strike bounces once, rolls up to 10 feet for Birdie.

Missed the putt of course but......

• Like 4

OK here's a different one...

A few days ago I pulled the first tee shot left, it ended up literally between a rock and hard place ... a foot in front of a very large boulder and directly under a very large fallen tree limb ... that was too low for me to stand under...

So....

Back against the boulder, crouched down under the limb, and take as much of a swing as I can with .. *putter* .. in hand and punch it out through the rough and onto the side of the fairway!

I'd like to think that ClubProGuy would be proud ;-)

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)

Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.