Our Sponsors

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a great looking course, your photos are spot on as usual. 

As always, the weather and course were great, making it really easy to take nice pictures. 

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Played a small course with with my parents, think from the whites is 5200 .. really fun played pretty well was hooking/ drawing on all my shots .. no slices ... I have a natural slice and not sure what happen but didn’t hit any which is nice 

Also my mom with an action shot lol 🤣

15D585A3-F72D-4778-91AB-DA4E3FA27B93.png

• Like 5

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

playing well still, but was thinking about Birdies.

What good is a birdie really? Other than erasing a bad hole, or bringing a marginal game back into focus, bringing your attention back to the day, bringing a great feeling to you, reenforcing the swing thought that just hit that shot, or putt, that you've been working on, etc...

A birdie is virtually the goal for every hole.

• Like 7

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Played in a scramble yesterday. Only do a couple of these a year, but this supports our client and its always at the “end” of the season and it’s a nice event. 

We shot 60 and tied for 2nd.  1st was 59...uggh!  We totally blew two birdies from inside 8 feet.  And this was with two scratch golfers, a 7 and....myself just to make it fair, or they may have shot 54
Actually I played pretty well, made several putts as our leadoff guy Even used my drive a few times, as i got to hit from the gold tees..which on some holes was a 40-60 yard advantage.
it’s always enjoyable to play with guys at the level, one played in college and one could have if he hadn’t played football instead.  

Everyone talks about the distance off the tee and that is true. But to watch their games 130 yards snd in, was really fun, especially onside 90 to 100.  

Great day! 

“Hit & Giggle” scrambles can be a blast w the right guys. Had some great times at Charity Scrambles thru the years. Won a fair share!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I forgot to add, one of the reasons the scores weren’t ridiculously low like you see in some scrambles.  There was none of the gimmick stuff, like throws, string or pay to hit from the lady tees on par 5’s.  
I see so many of the outing I run each year, with winning scores or 50 or 51 and that just isn’t fun to me.  Its just gimmicky at that point. 

Agree completely, hated that garbage and avoided those Tournaments like the plague. Sent our Company President instead he loved that hokey stuff.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played in a scramble yesterday. Only do a couple of these a year, but this supports our client and its always at the “end” of the season and it’s a nice event. 

We shot 60 and tied for 2nd.  1st was 59...uggh!  We totally blew two birdies from inside 8 feet.  And this was with two scratch golfers, a 7 and....myself just to make it fair, or they may have shot 54 😎

Actually I played pretty well, made several putts as our leadoff guy 😬 Even used my drive a few times, as i got to hit from the gold tees..which on some holes was a 40-60 yard advantage.

it’s always enjoyable to play with guys at the level, one played in college and one could have if he hadn’t played football instead.  

Everyone talks about the distance off the tee and that is true. But to watch their games 130 yards snd in, was really fun, especially onside 90 to 100.  

Great day! 

I played in one today. It was a Captains choice where we picked the best tee shot (par 3s included, and use at least three from each player). Once you chose the tee shot everyone played their own bll from there and you count the best net score on each hole.

We shot 57 on the Love Course at Barefoot which isn't an easy course. Came in 4th 5 strokes behind the winners. 🙄

• Like 5

Driver     :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta Reg

Fairway  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

Hybrids  :cobra-small: F9 19* & 21* Atmos Black Reg

Irons       PXG 0211 5-GW (23*-48*) MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-F (bent to 53*) & 58- M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand bag

4 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I played in one today. It was a Captains choice where we picked the best tee shot (par 3s included, and use at least three from each player). Once you chose the tee shot everyone played their own bll from there and you count the best net score on each hole.

We shot 57 on the Love Course at Barefoot which isn't an easy course. Came in 4th 5 strokes behind the winners. 🙄

Yeah i like that format, I’ve heard it called a Texas Scramble.  

That’s a damn fine score in that format! I’’d cry foul on the winners. 

Well, id actaully call something else. But this is a family forum 😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah i like that format, I’ve heard it called a Texas Scramble.  

That’s a damn fine score in that format!

We thought it was good also, but....

At least it was a fun day, and thankfully they didn't do any of that silly junk you mentioned. I get turned off by that so much I won't even play outings like that anymore. Plus the normal scramble takes me out of my comfort one, I hate always having to try the hero shots like a full out 3 wood over water on a par 5 I'd normally lay up and hit 8 iron, PW

• Like 5

Driver     :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta Reg

Fairway  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

Hybrids  :cobra-small: F9 19* & 21* Atmos Black Reg

Irons       PXG 0211 5-GW (23*-48*) MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-F (bent to 53*) & 58- M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand bag

15 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I enjoyed the Love Course at Barefoot; played pretty well there and I was a 20 'cap at the time.  

I've played a couple of tournaments like that except we had to use 3 shots for each person, NOT counting the par 3's and we have 5 par 3's!!!  So, only one extra hole!!  Talk about pressure!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

playing well still, but was thinking about Birdies.

What good is a birdie really? Other than erasing a bad hole, or bringing a marginal game back into focus, bringing your attention back to the day, bringing a great feeling to you, reenforcing the swing thought that just hit that shot, or putt, that you've been working on, etc...

A birdie is virtually the goal for every hole.

Everyone has their own goals.  While I like birdies, it's not a goal for me.  My goal is to NOT make doubles and minimize bogeys.  If I know a hole well, I determine what score to play for after my tee shot, which for me is generally not thinking about birdie.  

I remember watching Tiger at the US Open at Pebble when he won by 15 shots.  He kept the score going, not because he was being pushed by other players, but because he hated to make bogeys.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

30 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

We thought it was good also, but....

At least it was a fun day, and thankfully they didn't do any of that silly junk you mentioned. I get turned off by that so much I won't even play outings like that anymore. Plus the normal scramble takes me out of my comfort one, I hate always having to try the hero shots like a full out 3 wood over water on a par 5 I'd normally lay up and hit 8 iron, PW

Lol on the hero shot. I’m not capable of that anymore.  But the one guy in our group that can reach 300 tried one or two after the other scratch guy had put one in play at 270 or so 👍

a couple holes where there was only a 10 or 15 yard difference in gold and white, I didn’t even bother hitting a tee shot. Ha

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Shot 39/43:82 with 4 birdies 3 doubles and 2 penalties @ Pebble Creek GC!

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

My wife and I played at 8:18am this morning... 39º wind out of the north at 15-20mph.  Winter golf again!!  I hate it more every year!  We played with another lady and a single that we've played with before with a U.S Army bag.

Our usual wind is out of the SW, so the holes played very different.  I had 4 layers of clothes on... top and bottom (Do you realize how hard it is to pee with 4 layers on??)  I also played in my hiking boots because they keep my feet warm.  Stayed fairly warm except for my hands.  I don't play well when my hands get cold.  

Shot 85.  +8 on the front with 2 doubles and +5 on the back with one double and a birdie... 172y par 3 downwind with a 7i and made a 15 footer.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Everyone has their own goals.  While I like birdies, it's not a goal for me.  My goal is to NOT make doubles and minimize bogeys.  If I know a hole well, I determine what score to play for after my tee shot, which for me is generally not thinking about birdie.  

... Amen. It is a cliche for a reason but you post a score one stroke at a time. Like you said, the tee shot dictates the next shot. Then that shot dictates the next and repeat until holed. A tee shot in the middle of the fairway leaving a short iron may mean going at the flag instead of the middle of the green. A short iron to a makable putt means you can be aggressive going for birdie, but above the hole on a fast green means protecting par and a makable birdie putt is now out of the equation. A missed fairway may mean laying up to the front of the green with the next shot and setting up a chip to save par. For someone not as skilled with a wedge it may mean chipping on and 2 putting, avoiding a double bogie. Every single shot dictates what your next shot will be and this is true of a Tour player, a + index or a 20 handicap, the only difference being the next shot will be different for each player. So the goal should be hit every shot as well as you can given the parameters of the previous shot. Scores will take care of themselves if you play one shot at a time. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

I've started working with a new swing coach.  One of the (many) things he saw was that my right hip sat naturally higher than my left hip when standing straight up.  I do have one leg slightly shorter than the other, so it made sense.  After working a bit, he asked me to take off my right shoe and hit balls.  Very interesting results -- better clearing of the hips on the downswing.  We also worked on a couple of other issues, including pointing out my weight distribution and changes during my swing (used a pressure mat to identify).  Again, surprised a bit by what I saw.  One last issue that we talked about and worked on was to try and get my hands a bit higher above me on the backswing (more upright as opposed to my too flat driver swing).  More than enough for one day, but it was informative and productive.

Played this morning in a 7 person skins game (normally we have about 20-24 players competing in a team game and skins game, but there was another event elsewhere keeping people away.  Anyway, I wore an extra insert in my left shoe and worked on the things discussed yesterday with my coach during the round.  The results, while far from great, showed signs of moving in the right direction.  I did experience some balance issues because of the changes I was working on, but I played decently, including a birdie on a tough par 3 and a chip in birdie on the #1 handicap hole to go on and win 3 skins (all 3 paying both net and gross!).  The payout wasn't great because of the number of skins out there, but I did have 6 of them, so I got my money back plus.

Oh yeah....I shot 79.  I did have one double on #17 when I hit a fat 9 iron in a freshly sanded fairway, then put my next shot above the hole on a steep slope and 3 putting.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Hadn’t played or touched a club in two weeks

Very happy with 39-38 walking.

62525639175__695107C0-314D-48A9-95B0-6CE61ADEF572.JPG

• Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

My opinion of scrambles is always getting pencil whipped. I would rather just donate some money to the charity and play regular golf. I guess that I am just a stick in the mud!

• Like 5
11 hours ago, revkev said:

Hadn’t played or touched a club in two weeks

Very happy with 39-38 walking.

62525639175__695107C0-314D-48A9-95B0-6CE61ADEF572.JPG

Nice bag set up .....

and great choice of beverage!!  👍

• Like 2

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 (w/ some custom heel grinding)

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB