The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 minute ago, Ben Joest said:

Good morning All, 

chilly start, but it should warm up into the 60’s this afternoon. Coffee is doing yeomans work this morning, as my wagon is a draggin’ gonna get a range session in this afternoon in anticipation of opening night for our virtual league at the top tracer range. We finished 19th out of 38 teams last season, so we will be looking to improve on that. The evergreen question: Do we shoot stupid high scores this week, to set our handicaps artificially high? The answer is: Hell No! 

Have a great Monday!

Haha.... sounds like bowling leagues opening nights from years ago, everyone padding their numbers.  Never!  I want to shoot my best no matter what I'm competing for.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

17 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Good morning All, 

chilly start, but it should warm up into the 60’s this afternoon. Coffee is doing yeomans work this morning, as my wagon is a draggin’ gonna get a range session in this afternoon in anticipation of opening night for our virtual league at the top tracer range. We finished 19th out of 38 teams last season, so we will be looking to improve on that. The evergreen question: Do we shoot stupid high scores this week, to set our handicaps artificially high? The answer is: Hell No! 

Have a great Monday!

I would have never thought to shoot a high score this evening....... We will definitely have to move ourselves in the top 5. 

At the end of the day, we are just sinners.

RB3

Good afternoon, Spies!  I spent the day with a good group of 3rd graders.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.  Golf tomorrow unless it rains.  

338756262_756023536018836_6221350053566604525_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Image2023-10-23at6_18AM.jpg.6301d07d5299ac99aaef37651124397d.jpgA player chipping up to our 17th green at Olympic View, my home course, yes it has a waterfall behind the green, have a great day everyone, I am teeing it up at 845 PST. looking forward to it, weather looks good today.

That is a gorgeous golf hole!

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

On 10/22/2023 at 9:05 AM, MattWillGolf said:

I ventured into a new sport yesterday. Biathlon.

Very cool!! The biathlon has been one my fave events of the Winter Olympics (cross country ski race, vs running) for many years... Enjoy!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Well now; good morning my spies, it is O’Dark Thirty on a loverly Tuesday morning. Headed to the part of Texas that God made for the likes of me. About daylight I should be arriving at what seems to be nowhere. 
E296E545-22D9-41EB-8D24-7F63D4E6E88D.jpeg.029de72b6d353dd56ee67a0cbdd89fa0.jpeg

Should be safely hiding out from her high highness for a couple of weeks as  “ Those People “ are bound and determined to get me to earn my salary. 
  As I had stated in and earlier diatribe, the short,  youth only, season for deer starts later this week. A couple of honchos from the corporate C-suites are taking their offspring to engage in a “bonding” activity. More work, but freedom in decision making for the likes of me. Also, as I have stated before, I am also betting on the deer to outwit and outlast the great hunting party. All the deer that is except for Hal, Hal is going to have to have some tricks in his bag, if he wants to  make it  to Halloween. 6418AFE8-41D9-4BA2-A9C3-3B05D5698E81.jpeg.1fee6a1f0fe0164bdcee193c40576612.jpeg
  Take care of yourselves and those that you hold dear. If you find yourself on the range;  chunk, scald, and or shank a couple of range balls for me.