GolfSpy Barbajo

SURVEY: How has MyGolfSpy influenced your game?

Our Sponsors

Bought the Cobra Fly Z driver because of my golf spy. Totally love that driver. It was available in green so that is what I got. My buddies call it the grasshopper. I know I will get honest reviews of products here without the hype. I never buy anything without checking here first to see if it has been reviewed.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex shaft

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB irons 4-6 regular flex

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 7 iron thru Gap Wedge with KBS C taper lite shaft

:mizuno-small: S 5 wedges. 56/16 and 60/06.

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

Right Handed. 

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

-dst compressor

-ping ketsch putter

-915d2

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

-All equipment isn't equal, some research may be required

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

-the dst compressor has helped me over a block in my brain about positioning at contact.  Whenever I'm not swinging well I bring it out to the range, and it fixes me up.

-Ping Ketsch putter has really awesome distance control, so I'm always near the hole

-915d2 is really forgiving.  First driver I have confidence in, and first driver I bought due to reviews

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How?

-I'm on a mission to improve and drop my scores.  Those items have helped the process.

:ping: G400 LST

:cleveland: Launcher HB 3W

:taylormade: P-790 2 Iron

:cleveland: CBX Irons 4-PW

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:taylormade:TP copper juno putter

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

I purchased my Callaway XR2 driver based on the performance test done the year it came out.  I have also purchased the Snell and Vice golf balls.  

I appreciate the unbiased reviews of the equipment that help me determine what new technology is a gimmick or an item that will actually help my game.  The testing done across a broad spectrum of golfers allows me to make a decision about a club using players of my abilities and swing speeds as opposed to a pros, whom I can never hope to match (not that I'm not trying).

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

No but I enjoy the game playing with them more.   Golf lessons have lowered my scores and improved my game overall (but that is a whole other story).

Yes.  The drive was certainly an improvement over my previous driver (old TM 580).  The balls have been great and I certainly enjoy the game a little bit more when I spend less money for certain items.  A ball the plays similar to a ProV1 for half the cost a dozen makes me smile when i hit it and less upset when I lose it.

Driver: Callaway X-Hot2 Pro 9.5° Aldila ATX65 3.9 S

3 wood: Callaway X-Hot2 Pro Aldila ATX75 3.7 S 15°

3 hybrid: Callaway steelhead Ozik Program F15 65 S 19°

Irons: Callaway Apex Irons 4-GW Project X 6.0 rifle shaft +1 upright 

Wedges: Titlest SM5 S grind (bent to 55) and 60

Grips: CP2 Pro standard

Putter: Rife 2 bar 33 inch Winn supersize lite grip

Snell MTB balls; and helped me decide to buy my Taylor Made M1 driver

More reinforced than changed the idea that unbiased testing is very valuable in choosing golf equipment

Scores are coming back down after some time off and a few injuries. Fairways hit is for sure better with the M1.

The Snell "My Tour Ball" is as good a ball as I've played at a price that doesn't make me cringe when I'm standing on the box looking at a long carry over trouble.....especially when I've got my M1 in hand.

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? (Please list which ones.) I purchased Taylormade PSI Tour Irons, TM M2 Driver, Vokey Sm6 Wedges 52, 56 & 60.

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment? Great place to do research on new products and clubs without bias.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.) Irons are great love the 6.5 Project X shafts. Helped control ball flight and trajectory. Wedges are now x100 shafts and more accurate than "wedge" flex stock shafts.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How? Being more aware of the relationship between the shaft and club head to maximize performance.

Driver: Cleveland Hi BoreXL Tour 9.5, Graffaloy Blue X tipped shaft

3 Wood: Nike Covert 13 X

3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher Steel 15 Graffaloy Blue Proto X 

Hybrid: Snake Eyes Graffaloy Blue X 

5-PW: TaylorMade Burner 1.0

50: Nike 

56: Cleveland 588

60: Vokey Oil Can

Ball: Titelist ProV1x