GSwag

What Major Championship is your favorite?

What is your favorite major championship?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What Major Championship is your favorite?

• The Masters
    • PGA Championship
    • US Open
    • Open Championship
    • The Players (not a major, but let's go with it for survey purposes)

I was really just curious what everyone's opinion are on their favorite major championship and why.  You can use this thread to make your case or to simply give your reasons for why you feel the way you do.  And there are certainly no right or wrong answers here.  Just opinions.

• Like 3

Masters, hands down. Exclusive, loaded with tradition and in a place so immaculate it makes your grandmother's house seem dirty...

Close second for me has gotta be the US Open and all the wild course set-ups we see.

• Like 5

Tough call because I like them all for one reason or the other, but I'm going with the US Open because it's open to qualifiers and the conditions always test the best.  It's a bit of a toss up with the Open because of the sheer majesty and awe of the event.  Then the Masters has the perfect conditions and beauty and kicks off the year.

• Like 3

We talked about this last year, always a good topic!

mine in rank order:

The Open
The Masters
US Open
PGA

• Like 4

I read the title, came here to suggest a poll, and was pleasantly surprised to see it was already set up. Good on ya @GSwag

I voted US Open because of the bloodbath that ensues. I love watching these guys work hard for par. You really can't win a US Open with any weaknesses in your game. Not to mention the Fox coverage is incredible with all the extra features, graphics, and technology they add to the broadcast that you just don't see anywhere else. Shot tracer on every shot? Yes please. Did I mention you get to watch every shot of every round? That waiting till 3pm stuff is for the birds. 

• Like 7

Masters

US Open

Open

Players

PGA 

• Like 1

THE Open...by a country mile😏

The Masters...as its beautiful and starts the season

US Open..as I like to see the elite really tested

PGA....cause it's last (not this year though which actually might elevate it a bit)

• Like 5

The Masters is my favorite, without a doubt. After that it goes The Open, US Open, and PGA.

• Like 1

The Open, unquestionably! But The Masters is a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I like the US Open and love the US Open when the pros struggle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

We talked about this last year, always a good topic!

mine in rank order:

The Open
The Masters
US Open
PGA

This is my order, as well. 1 and 2 are more like 1a and 1b, but The Open gets the nod for it's history.

• Like 3

This is my order, as well. 1 and 2 are more like 1a and 1b, but The Open gets the nod for it's history.

Same really. I mean it is the OG Major. Plus my favorite golfer won both of those, so naturally I’ll gravitate towards them.

PGA could get a bump if they get some different courses. Yeah, yeah, I said it cuts out northern places, but the more I think of it let’s see there’s southern courses, time for a change.

US Open seems silly to me how they have to manufacture the conditions, and then back down and cut the rough back. Seems like it’s always a controversy on the conditions, and something we don’t generally hear about at the others.

Yes, The Masters is a manicured, manufactured place but it’s the same. You don’t ever hear anyone complain about the height of the pine straw, or green speed... it’s expected.

The Open... old time worn courses. Like they are meant to be. Perfect.
  • Like 3

The Masters. It’s the only golf I watch. I think the fact that it is the same course allows me to go back in time, 30-35 years watching with my Grandfather.

For a few hours on a Sunday in April I can once again smell the Sunday dinner my grandmother is cooking, and sitting on the Davenport (you old timers might remember that term) watching after church with Grandpa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Really the Masters. There's just nothing not to like about it. And I love how it's like a Holiday for Golfers.... But lasts the week

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Masters!   It has a special aura about it that puts a spell on ya...... 😍

• Like 2

Without a doubt.....The Masters. Something about that music they play!

• Like 2

The Masters for me as well. What do I like about it? Everything!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

The Masters. From the theme to the course, it signals spring is here and that it’s time to play again

• Like 2

The US Open

As Tin Cup says: it’s Open. They can’t keep you out if you’re a driving range pro whose check’s signed by a stripper.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, josmi15 said:

The US Open

As Tin Cup says: it’s Open. They can’t keep you out if you’re a driving range pro whose check’s signed by a stripper.

of course THE Open is the same...Maurice Flitcroft!😂

• Like 2