Our Sponsors

I’m playing a links course for the first time on the Oregon coast this weekend, pretty excited! I’ll let you all know how it goes... and no it’s not Bandon

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Driver- PXG 0811 Gen 2

3W- Cobra F9

5W- Titleist TS2

Hybrid- Titleist 818 H1

Irons- Callaway Apex CF16 Combo

Wedges- Cobra MIM 55* TM MG 60*

Putter- TaylorMade Spider Tour

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

League is officially over, but we will continue to play until the time change as weather permits. The only thing at stake is skins, so my friend and I decided to try more "hero" shots when we were out of position since a skin was unlikely. It gave us a chance to practice shots we wouldn't otherwise try. A couple worked out, the others, not so much, but it was fun to try. My score would have been 45-ish, but I didn't record a score for one hole. I had pulled my drive left on a dogleg right par 5, under a tree. Had my score mattered, I would have punched out and moved on. Instead, I saw a decent-sized window and tried a full 3w. I smoked it, but it ricocheted off the one branch that was a concern to me. None of the 4 of us had any clue what direction it went and it wasn't any place obvious, so I recorded an X and dropped about 100 yards out. After we tee'd off the next hole, my friend found my ball in the rough in front of the tee box. It travelled a LONG ways for a ball deflected by a branch.

• Like 6

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

7 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I’m playing a links course for the first time on the Oregon coast this weekend, pretty excited! I’ll let you all know how it goes... and no it’s not Bandon emoji17.png

Always wanted to play a more true links course it seems like fun. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 3

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

I found a par 3 course about 10 minutes from home that you can pay $12 to play all day so i have been playing there for the past 3 weeks working on my iron game. Between that and going to the range every week it seems to be paying off. Also finally dunked a flop shot from a few yards off the green this past week 

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

I found a par 3 course about 10 minutes from home that you can pay $12 to play all day so i have been playing there for the past 3 weeks working on my iron game. Between that and going to the range every week it seems to be paying off. Also finally dunked a flop shot from a few yards off the green this past week 

I started playing on a par 3, when many of them were not par 3s. Great way to work on your game.

• Like 2

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

2 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

That sounds like a lot of fun, nd something I'd enjoy a lot more than going to the range.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54-12 & 58-10 

:scotty-small: 2020 Newport 2 33.5"

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" or :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

18 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Shot an 80 today.  Should have been better, but they just punched the greens and they're heavily sanded.  Putting was, to say the least, a challenge for everyone.

...NO double bogeys though I'm guessing??? 🤪

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 3

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

...NO double bogeys though I'm guessing??? 🤪

ummm....yep....one

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 9/20/2020 at 8:16 AM, Shapotomous said:

I think I have the golf club version of A.D.D.

Hah that's why a lot of us are on here!
Plus... there's a thread for that:
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/13231-what-have-you-bought-lately-cha-club-hos-anonymous/

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

fall is definitely here...had a 3:48 tee time and only got 9 in comfortably. 

what an up and down 9 holes. 

5 pars, a bogey, two doubles, and a triple for 44

i was in scramble mode the whole time. driving iron was blocked right, i couldn’t close the club face to save my life. 

short game was awesome today though. 4th hole, par 3, hit my tee shot pin high but right of the green. chipped to a foot. 7th hole approach shot found the green side bunker on the short side. hit a beautiful high arcing flop shot that just caught the fringe and rolled to 2 feet to save par. 

• Like 9
Our Wednesday traveling group went to a muni called Thunderbird in Huron, Ohio. We played the north course which is a hilly parkland style with narrow fairways and lots of trees. The greens were just punched and sanded and were extremely slow. Ended up with an 89, mostly due to my putting.

That time of year already? I've only played the south at Thunderbird, how do the two 18s compare?

Take Dead Aim

Got to play 9 yesterday afternoon and things improved greatly from the previous round.  7 pars, 1 bird and a double on a lost ball.  Never caught anyone so we got around in 1:25 and didn't feel like we were playing fast.  👍

• Like 9

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5

Ping Heppler Fetch

I played Caledonia yesterday, which for my money is the most beautiful course down here on the Grand Strand. We couldn't have asked for a better day, and because my travel group is 120 players strong, I got to play this gem for under $60. This is the beginning of the best time for golf down here, the temps have dropped after months of 100* heat indexes, and we are getting mid 70's with low humidity. The course was in great shape, the greens were fantastic, flowers were in full bloom, and we even saw a few gators, lol. They were pretty big, too, and trust me we see some good sized ones down here...

It's a tough track though, the rough is penalizing, and the design of the course demands that you have a variety of shots in your bag. As for how I played, everything was good except my irons (I'm now convinced they know I have a set of PXG 0211's on the way), I don't think I hit more than 3 greens all day. As is often the case though with my game, when one part isn't working, another is. My wedges really helped me yesterday, and I felt like I couldn't miss with my putter. I even drained a 25 footer to save a double on what could have been my one blow up hole.

To sum it all up, I shot 41-42-83 on about as challenging a 6100+ yard course you'll ever play. I'm really happy with how I grinded out a good score on a day when I struggled so much with the irons.

BTW here's something you don't read about often. I mentioned there were 120 players in our group yesterday... TWO of them had holes in one!!!! The drinks were flowing afterwards! 🍻🍻🍻🥃🥃🥃 

• Like 6

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70