Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Every time I think I have my swing figured out I end up with something else to work on. Played 18 on Monday and if my hands weren't just right, I was hitting shots straight left. Went to the range yesterday and worked on grip and swinging 80% with clubs. I also messed with choking down about an inch since I usually hit the ball on the toe. Everything went well, but still frustrated that I have to continue to change my grip/hand position. 

At the end of the day, we are just sinners.

RB3

29 minutes ago, RonnieB said:

Every time I think I have my swing figured out I end up with something else to work on. Played 18 on Monday and if my hands weren't just right, I was hitting shots straight left. Went to the range yesterday and worked on grip and swinging 80% with clubs. I also messed with choking down about an inch since I usually hit the ball on the toe. Everything went well, but still frustrated that I have to continue to change my grip/hand position. 

You need to practice gripping the club the same way everytime. The basics like grips, stance and posture should be practiced and checked everytime you practice and can also be done a few times during the day at the house.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

45 minutes ago, RonnieB said:

This is part of learning how to play golf.   While we work to get our grip and stance and swing to always be consistent we know that things get slightly off and we don’t always have our A game.   This means we need to make on course adjustments to ensure we hit effective shots.   Ideally though we follow a consistent process for gripping the club and it is pretty much the same for all your shots and you don’t make adjustment to the grip to hit successful shots.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Had a really great video lesson with Jayson today. Worked on arm structure as my arms were getting to vertical at the top (my takeaway was leading to that but that is the change we wanted in my takeaway, if that makes sense). I was then getting too vertical in the downswing, which was draining some of my energy into the ball. Was also leading to the duck hook miss I developed due to that move closing the face a ton. Worked on getting the arms lower and then rotating through.  My swing felts flat like Kuchar but when looking at the tape my shoulder tilts were good and my lead arm was in line with my shoulder tilt. I was peppering a green complex about 140 out with 50% swings with my 7i. The plan is to drill this feel a while and then work on lateral shift and right side bend after. If he posts comparisons on twitter again today I will post them here. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Worked on chipping motion in the yard today for about 20 minutes. Started by taking the club back and getting the feel of letting it fall to the ground from gravity. After doing this motion with no ball for about 5 minutes, then I added a ball and hit some chips with just the "fall" and finally added some pivot and hit several more. While I didn't have the alignment rod/noodle gate setup (mentioned yesterday) I feel confident that these 15-yard chips would have had a launch angle of around 30* +/-. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

3 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Had a really great video lesson with Jayson today. Worked on arm structure as my arms were getting to vertical at the top (my takeaway was leading to that but that is the change we wanted in my takeaway, if that makes sense). I was then getting too vertical in the downswing, which was draining some of my energy into the ball. Was also leading to the duck hook miss I developed due to that move closing the face a ton. Worked on getting the arms lower and then rotating through.  My swing felts flat like Kuchar but when looking at the tape my shoulder tilts were good and my lead arm was in line with my shoulder tilt. I was peppering a green complex about 140 out with 50% swings with my 7i. The plan is to drill this feel a while and then work on lateral shift and right side bend after. If he posts comparisons on twitter again today I will post them here. 

Not Twitter but here is the swing from today. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Long story short, I ended up doing a Skillest lesson with Dan Carraher. I have had a pretty frustrating season, and just as I was ready to book a lesson with my coach of the last four years, he unfortunately took a job across the country.

Dan immediately identified major issues with my balance throughout the swing. I've been working on cleaning them up over the past few weeks to some improvement, but I had a few things really click for me this week in regards to feeling my tailbone moving better in the backswing and also my posture at setup. 

Shot a 39 this morning with some really shaky putting (two 3-putt bogies), but at lunch I grabbed a large bucket and really had one of the best sessions I've had in a long time. My balance was so, so much better. Really hoping to keep that feeling as the season winds down.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

15 minutes ago, edingc said:

Long story short, I ended up doing a Skillest lesson with Dan Carraher. I have had a pretty frustrating season, and just as I was ready to book a lesson with my coach of the last four years, he unfortunately took a job across the country.

Dan immediately identified major issues with my balance throughout the swing. I've been working on cleaning them up over the past few weeks to some improvement, but I had a few things really click for me this week in regards to feeling my tailbone moving better in the backswing and also my posture at setup. 

Shot a 39 this morning with some really shaky putting (two 3-putt bogies), but at lunch I grabbed a large bucket and really had one of the best sessions I've had in a long time. My balance was so, so much better. Really hoping to keep that feeling as the season winds down.

Hoping you keep moving in the right direction. Nothing more frustrating when you feel stuck or moving backwards and we all know how that feels.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

47 minutes ago, edingc said:

Dan is a great coach. I’ve done a lesson with him and would do another for sure

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Have taken a break for three weeks and climbing myself out of the rabbit hole 

One of the first question that lead me into the rabbit hole was wondering

what is a  release ? And what release patterns are there ?

It doesn’t matter.  I seen so many ways players swing   As long I release the club I can figure it out as I play my round. Sometimes it starts as fade. Sometimes as a hook.  
Another problem with my golf journey is to develop a good short game to match my tee game 

The feeling I get when my putting and chipping “is on” is that I’m feeling im “holding off the release”. Fundamental different tempo/rhythm pattern than my long game. 
 In my long game I’m feeling like I’m “throwing” the club. my throw pattern is synonymous with my release pattern 

There is no throw in chipping. It’s a pure pendulum swing   The release is naturally through gravity or release held off for better roll effect on the green 

Just a random thought that I share with all of you 

Edited by Haro

Used the 52° for the majority of my lesson today. Focused primarily on these three things: staying over the ball/not popping up, keeping my trail arm straight on takeaway, and using my shoulders to initiate the turn instead of my hands.
Spent some time using a deflated ball pinned between my forearms to exaggerate the feel of keeping my trail arm locked on takeaway. Got this feeling locked in and was able to start stringing together good hits. 
We simulated a green about 90yds out, but once I started activating my hips we moved it back to 110yds. Feeling pretty confident with this club.

Near the end of the lesson we started talking about the clubs in my bag. Specifically, the top of my bag and what I would slot in between driver and 7-wood. He had me try a 3-hybrid and it went about as well as most hybrids have gone for me, no loft and pulling it left. Finished the lesson hitting 6-iron, distance was good but leaving the ball out to the right about 15-20yds instead of down the line. Overdoing it on the outward club path, was sending it out around 10-15° right instead of ~4-5° like I want. Fatigue starts setting in a little bit during the hour lessons. 

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

I am continuing to work on keeping my lower body more stable and was able to repeat yesterdays practice.  Sometimes its the simple steps and actions that make all the difference.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

22 hours ago, GaryF said:

Bobby Jones wrote a book, I think in the 1960s and has been reprinted a number of times, called Bobby Jones On Golf.  It’s an interesting read and with a much older vernacular of English, but it describes every facet of the swing using terminology of the times.  I’ve read it about 3 times and each time pick up something I missed before. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bobby-Jones-Golf-Instructional-Greatest/dp/0385424191

Gonna check that out, thx! ..I am kind of a fan of the classic old school guys (eg. Sam Snead, Tommy Armour, etc.)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

after my round went and hit some shots mainly focusing on letting the loft of the club do the work and quit trying to lift the ball just opening the face a little and doing my regular swing making sure i hit the ground and use the bounce of the club it ended with alot of thin shots but im working on not always playing a bump and run 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Finally had a break through with my iron swing. I have been going through a case of the yips. My hip point has been killing me to the point the pro can pick me out across the course from it. I figured it was time to focus solely on that beast, because I really need to get ready for a tournament next weekend. I really slowed my swing down to focus on my right butt cheek moving back and toward target side, and this really had me in much better positions through my swing. One tempo is much better but I can really make sure I can keep my hip from moving back. I am really loving how good it felt and how effortless it was to get better results. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Spent a couple hours at the range yesterday late afternoon, early evening using irons and wedges only. Worked on hitting various irons to the same distance, helps with knowing you can hit a multitude of shots, and keeps my swing in proper tempo and timing.

Finished up using wedges to shorter targets, and then finally practiced short game around a practice green once all other people were gone from the green area. Prior commitments will limit my playing a round this week, so it was my way of replicating some shots out on a course without actually being there.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

My putting has been poor of late so putting - 

Id chip three to a pin, hole out, then make 9 3 footers in a row before moving on to another pin. Did 8 or 9 reps and only missed 1 three footer. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Worked on the new arm structure the last few days. I feel like I am super flat when in reality it’s all in like with my shoulder tilt. I really have to overdo the feel. When I take full swings the hope is the arm structure comes down slightly and keeps me in good position. It feels a lot more rotational now 

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

As @cksurfdude says, "work in progress".

haha always, brother, always!

Up here we got rained out from playing today so just a little indoor putting; am working on a smoother, more consistent easy stroke on 8- and 3-footers.

💥Work In Progress!💥

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

35 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

haha always, brother, always!

Up here we got rained out from playing today so just a little indoor putting; am working on a smoother, more consistent easy stroke on 8- and 3-footers.

💥Work In Progress!💥

Every little bit helps and those small gains turn into big ones over time. 

I had an OK range session today. Too much of the bucket were either low pulls or worm burners. Turns out that I wasn't turning my shoulders... AGAIN. As soon as I started feeling like I was pulling my rear shoulder behind my head in the backswing, things went back to normal. 

No complains with the Mizuno clubs - I'm still loving how consistent the driver is, along with the hybrid. The fairway is still my hot/cold club of the three that we're testing. I just need more time with it.

I also put my W/S D200s back in the bag - I've been having some forearm tightness lately and don't want another tennis elbow recurrence so the graphite shafted irons will be with me for a few weeks to play it safe. I had forgotten how great those soles were at getting through the turf.  

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I got the idea for practicing in 20-minute blocks, each having a specific and fairly narrow objective, based on a thread another forum in which the writer had recently attended a Monte Scheinblum  clinic in which he recommended practicing in blocks of 20 minutes each in order to best maintain concentration and taking a 5-minute or so rest between each block. I liked the recommendation and have adopted it. 

Block 1: Driver face strike and swing speed, using foot powder spray on the face do evaluate strike and my PRGR launch monitor for swing speed. Small bucket (about 35 balls) warmed up with about 10 wedge shots (ChipR and 56*). Started hitting drivers with “9 to 3” swings until I started hitting the general area of the center of the clubface (hit heal with first shot then toe-ish with second). As strike improved, I swung the club faster checking strike after each swing. Worked up to 79 mph swing speed (113 mph ball speed) with a carry of 165 yards.

Block 2: Chipping with my ChipR and 56* wedges. Did Broadie’s “20-yard fairway drill” five shots from 10, 15 and 20 yards, respectively from a fairway lie (today kept it to five hsots each from the same location). For the 10-yard chip, I used only the 56*, whereas I swapped back and forth for the others. Average proximity for the 10,15 and 20 were 4.9’, 4.1’ and 8.4’ respectively. My average proximity per Shot Scope is 17’, so I’m happy with the results, particularly considering my worse chip today had a proximity of 17’.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Rainy and chilly today. Decided to hit some balls in the ole barn net. Usually start with 10 chips then move to 8 Iron and concentrate on consistent hits. Then finish with 10 shots using my 7 Iron. Did a half way decent job today. Roughly 80% were pretty decent.

IMG_20230912_0003.jpg

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

We got off work early today due to a part issue and after coming home and getting my clubs, I headed out to the range.

I met a buddy from work and we had a fun time. He's getting back into golf after a long layoff and I would like to think yours truly helped to reignite the spark in him to play. 

I hit a small bucket and spent a good bit of it working on chips and pitches. I did move on to some fuller shots later on where I was taking a shorter backswing and worked my way up the bag.

Wedges were again showing a toe bias.

20230912_130120-01.jpeg.cfae58dda393b9124096a7151680baa1.jpeg

I pulled out the hybrid and hit a few, just because it might be my favorite club in the bag and that's saying a lot considering the Cobra's are money.

20230912_130816-01.jpeg.32ec26fb0a7152987ec05ef33b931199.jpeg

I also hit the driver and am still loving the Aerojet Max. 

20230912_131151-01.jpeg.27e20292b55262141d5d6903b9dbbd1c.jpeg

We moved on and spent a lot of time on the putting green where I'm still working to dial in the Agera. I will say it's coming along nicely, I didn't have a lot of 3 putts and actually sunk about 3 long putts. 

I had a blast today hanging out with Mitch talking about and practicing this game we love. 

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

We got off work early today due to a part issue and after coming home and getting my clubs, I headed out to the range.

I met a buddy from work and we had a fun time. He's getting back into golf after a long layoff and I would like to think yours truly helped to reignite the spark in him to play. 

I hit a small bucket and spent a good bit of it working on chips and pitches. I did move on to some fuller shots later on where I was taking a shorter backswing and worked my way up the bag.

Wedges were again showing a toe bias.

20230912_130120-01.jpeg.cfae58dda393b9124096a7151680baa1.jpeg

I pulled out the hybrid and hit a few, just because it might be my favorite club in the bag and that's saying a lot considering the Cobra's are money.

20230912_130816-01.jpeg.32ec26fb0a7152987ec05ef33b931199.jpeg

I also hit the driver and am still loving the Aerojet Max. 

20230912_131151-01.jpeg.27e20292b55262141d5d6903b9dbbd1c.jpeg

We moved on and spent a lot of time on the putting green where I'm still working to dial in the Agera. I will say it's coming along nicely, I didn't have a lot of 3 putts and actually sunk about 3 long putts. 

I had a blast today hanging out with Mitch talking about and practicing this game we love. 

The strike pattern on that hybrid 🔥😍 glad to hear you had a good time on the range, Jason! I was amazed that when I played my match play round last week, I used my hybrid twice and hit two draws with it. One from the fairway and one off the tee that I hit so well it ended up OB 🙄

I wish that I could have found my stride with the AJ Max, but it just doesn't quite keep up with the TSi3. That and the 3D Supernova are the only two Cobra clubs not in my bag otherwise. Absolutely loving the woods, hybrid and irons/wedges.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The SpeedZone hybrid I had for #CC4 was a great club, it just went a little too left for me. I seem to be getting along much better with the much flatter 0211 hybrid I have now.

Glad you were able to get out for a good session!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

9 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

The strike pattern on that hybrid 🔥😍 glad to hear you had a good time on the range, Jason! I was amazed that when I played my match play round last week, I used my hybrid twice and hit two draws with it. One from the fairway and one off the tee that I hit so well it ended up OB 🙄

I wish that I could have found my stride with the AJ Max, but it just doesn't quite keep up with the TSi3. That and the 3D Supernova are the only two Cobra clubs not in my bag otherwise. Absolutely loving the woods, hybrid and irons/wedges.

I absolutely love the hybrids, they played a huge part in a really low round during the challenge.

I can understand about you loving the Titleist driver, it just seems to gel so good with your game and if my driver had outperformed the AJ Max, I wouldn't have any qualms about keeping it in the bag. Honestly, I was looking to replace the Epic Flash Sub Zero and the driver I was looking at before the AJ came along was the Titleist. I think they have come a long way in how they produce performing drivers the last couple of years.