MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

First thought: Mitch “Wild Thing” Williams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember watching him with the Cubs growing up. It was definitely edge of your seat TV, you never knew what was going to happen. Lots of talent, but his control was suspicious at times.

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
61273787372__DCE81E98-81DA-4741-B6C9-224F246340FA.JPG

I'm hitting from the whites. 😂

• Like 8

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I took half a day vacation today to play with a friend I haven't played with in a couple years. Front 9 was pretty much garbage. Ok off the tee, but irons were a struggle. Chipping was meh, I was rarely close enough to expect to make the putt. Ended up with 49 on the front. I decided to actually play my driver on the back and work on it since the front sucked. Turned out to be a good idea. 43 on the back with a pathetic triple on a par 3 (no lost balls, so yeah, it was bad). Chipping improved so I had 4 one-putts on the back (5 total one-putts, no three-putts). +20 total on a pretty tough course that I've only played one other time.

Here is a pic of their "signature" hole. Long, downhill par 3. Was playing about 190 over a ravine. Managed to par it with a 4h to just off the back, decent chip, and a putt. Beautiful hole, IMO.

20200601_151014.thumb.jpg.c6565dff98c3311309f4c1da30ec6044.jpg

I'm trying to work out if I've played there before...

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm trying to work out if I've played there before...

Rawiga Golf and Swim Club in Seville. I really like the layout - the natural terrain makes for some interesting semi-blind shots. Fortunately, both times I've played there we were with regulars that could warn us of stuff you can't see and preferred targets.

• Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Rawiga Golf and Swim Club in Seville. I really like the layout - the natural terrain makes for some interesting semi-blind shots. Fortunately, both times I've played there we were with regulars that could warn us of stuff you can't see and preferred targets.
That's a really fun course. I would meet you down there anytime.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

So I played Aviara yesterday and it was the best course I've played in San Diego (yes, better than Torrey IMO), but I brought my trash game so it was a frustrating round. It was also the 16th round of golf I played in May!

95 (48/47), 92 ESC - 1 birdie, 4 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 quad and 1 quintuple. So basically, 3 holes destroyed my round. 

FIR 7/14 (50%) - I had a few monster drives, but also got a bit wild. 

GIR 5/18 (28%) - Irons and wedges were 'meh' again. 

38 putts (SG -7.380) with five 3 putts and one 4 putt. An absolutely HORRENDOUS day putting. The greens were rolling nice, but they were hard to read. 

For whatever reason, I seem to play poorly at nice courses, which is disappointing, but it was nice to finally check Aviara off the list. On to the next round!

5E15D71D-3C17-4A87-AA29-C28523A90183.jpeg

755381EE-DE86-4228-A024-4D338CE5776D.jpeg

1BBDA40C-F402-4A6A-8754-E0408F2CD8C5.jpeg

9E1460FC-B1F1-4649-BB40-B9AFBE45CAA1.jpeg

D133786C-C148-4E0D-A758-AECE0B7F275B.jpeg

BA93637F-7313-4E89-8200-98EDCBB83A8A.jpeg

Damn I love California!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

Man, as someone whose miss is a block to the right, that tree is FRIGHTENING. Honestly, that's kind of a silly window to have to hit through. They should at least trim back that overhang on the left, geez. Golf is already hard, I don't need the greenskeepers to make it impossible.

Yeah, the first time I played this course was about a month ago. That overhang just in front of the blues was in my mind, so I moved to the white tees. Yesterday I played with a buddy who plays there all the time and we played it from the blues. Honestly, it was the best drive I hit all day. I agree that they need to cut the tree back for sure, but the members like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 9

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Played a Exec 9 this morning that was playing long considering only Par 3’s. Shortest was 155 yards longest 210. Shot 4 over not earth shattering.
I got to the course a bit earlier than usually do to warm up w Orange Whip. I’m feeling that this is going too be a good thing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not shabby either buddy! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56 / RTX-3 60
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

11 hours ago, yungkory said:

Man, as someone whose miss is a block to the right, that tree is FRIGHTENING. Honestly, that's kind of a silly window to have to hit through. They should at least trim back that overhang on the left, geez. Golf is already hard, I don't need the greenskeepers to make it impossible.

Looks fine from the Whites.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Played there once, when the 9th was the 18th or vice versa. The fairway has a pretty good right to left slope.

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

League was a bit of a grind tonight - I made the decision to hit driver as much as I could, just to see if results from yesterday were a fluke. It sort of worked out, but I am starting to build some confidence in it. Not a lot of fairways but only one big miss (tolerable location to recover). Irons were suspect, chipping was brilliant and brutal all at the same time. Putting was great. I only missed one within ~10 feet and had a 40-ish footer that was perfect lag - rolled to about 6 inches past the hole. Started with two doubles, +4 the rest of the way with 13 putts.

• Like 9

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Played RTJ Lakewood Azalea Course this weekend. If you're ever down that way I would suggest playing either of the courses. Now onto unforgiving part. Driver and 3w are back to original form. Still waiting for my iron game to show back up, it has been missing for a couple months. Found out my putter face insert was starting to peel off about hole 8. Finished the day with a 92, no thanks to the iron game.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 5